collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 18438 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Bristol City Vs Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2018, 12:54:19 PM »
If I was him, I would go back to the formation he used in the second half of last season, as I think it is the formation that will get the best out of Grealish and McGinn in particular.  Team would look something like:

Nyland

Elmohamady            Chester          Tuanzebe       Hutton

Jedinak

Grealish                 McGinn

Bolasie                           Abraham                        Kodjia

Subs:  Moreira, Bree, Taylor, Whelan, Hourihane, El Ghazi, Adomah

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2018, 12:55:32 PM »
Does anyone know if this game will be available on the red button on Sky?

It is according to this list

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-championship-football-on-tv.html

Saw an advert on SKY last night saying it was on the red button on Friday.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2018, 01:15:23 PM »

Nyland

Elmohamady            Chester          Tuanzebe       Taylor

Whelan

Grealish                 McGinn

Bolasie                           Abraham                        Kodjia

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2018, 01:51:05 PM »
I've seen on another forum Villa 'supporters' wanting us to lose on Friday to hasten Bruce's departure.

What's this forum's thoughts on this?

Interesting one isn't it....we are all Villa through and through but if it means him gone I hope we lose..there I said it. Didn't think I would ever say that but that's how low he's gotten me. The tactics, the arrogance, the holier than though attitude, the selection, the style of play....everything. If I thought a win may kick start us then I might think differently...but it won't, it'll be another false dawn aka the Wolves game. 2 Years is enough....more than enough.

Are you going on Friday?

Offline steamer

« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2018, 01:56:57 PM »
We must win and Bruce must go

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2018, 02:13:05 PM »
I'm going the pub. Hopefully nobody there realises that this is on the red button and doesn't request that it be shown, I'd like to enjoy my evening out.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2018, 02:15:17 PM »
I hope we win 7-0 and Bruce gets sacked for not scoring 8.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2018, 03:51:22 PM »
I've seen on another forum Villa 'supporters' wanting us to lose on Friday to hasten Bruce's departure.

I find it ridiculous that any supporter would ever want their own team to lose. In this instance it'll just mean we're further off reaching our target for this season (promotion) and with absolutely no knowledge that another loss or even two, three losses would see the club change the manager anyway

I find that point of view just as ridiculous to be honest.  As if one game is more important than our long term success.  Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forwards.  If losing the next game guaranteed Bruce getting the chop, then so be it.  He isn't going to get us promoted, so by wanting to keep Bruce, you're prepared to both lose games, miss out on promotion and stick with dismal football.  No thanks.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2018, 03:58:27 PM »

I find it ridiculous that any supporter would ever want their own team to lose. In this instance it'll just mean we're further off reaching our target for this season (promotion) and with absolutely no knowledge that another loss or even two, three losses would see the club change the manager anyway

I find that point of view just as ridiculous to be honest.  As if one game is more important than our long term success.  Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forwards.  If losing the next game guaranteed Bruce getting the chop, then so be it.  He isn't going to get us promoted, so by wanting to keep Bruce, you're prepared to both lose games, miss out on promotion and stick with dismal football.  No thanks.

It's not really an either or situation though is it Risso?  For all we know, the owners might have already made their minds up regardless of the result on Friday. 

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »
I think if that were the case he'd be gone already.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2018, 04:07:53 PM »
If it was a binary choice, lose and Bruce is sacked, win/draw and he stays then I think i'd take the loss. I hate us losing any game, however I hate being stuck in the shit tinpot division with a lying wanker in charge of us more, and if Bruce lasted the season I don't think we'll be promoted and the longer he stays the more I believe our promotion chances diminish. So for the long term benefit of the club I would take a loss as I believe another manager would, or could as in fairness we could appoint someone even worse, pull back those 3 points and more on what Bruce would manage.
If it's a case of lose and well he might go in another few games time, then no, I wouldn't take a loss.
FWIW unless we were absolutely smashed I don't think he'd be binned if we lose.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2018, 04:11:33 PM »
It's not really an either or situation though is it Risso?  For all we know, the owners might have already made their minds up regardless of the result on Friday.

This x 1000

The owners will already know if they're going to stick or twist. A loss will only harm the team morale and our chances of getting out this league IMHO

Personally i hope we win the next 20000000 games whether he's here on not

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2018, 05:54:05 PM »
Even if it meant the Dog  shit won the league with us getting a result I would not will us to lose (obviously the same could not be said of them) but if a loss is coming it would be more palatable if it meant and end to this shite.

In all your experience Steve you must see that this crap yòu either serve up as football or talk is surely going to end one way.
So please when it comes have some dignity and just leave without making any excuse other than the job was just to big for you.

I might retain a modicum of respect for you then.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2018, 06:31:03 PM »
He'll be gone if we draw the next three I reckon which is probably more likely given how we set up so at least we'll be picking up some points while he's sent packing.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
I am prepared to say I will take a loss if it hastens his departure as the alternative, under him, is we win on Friday and then get one point out of next 3 as has happened time and time again. Instead of being killed by a thousand cuts I will take a knife to the throat.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal