collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Friday Press  (Read 3415 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Friday Press
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »
From a squad overflowing with wingers, our beleaguered manager chose none.

sums it up for me .

I seriously wonder if he has completely lost the plot now.
I have been convinced of this, everything from bizarre team selections, rambling post match interviews, mixing up time periods and repetitive cliches.
I think the events of the last year have taken thier toll.
It’s sad in a way but he was never going to be the right man to rebuild this club but he is not even as effective as the Steve Bruce of the past.

I think him getting the sack would top off an absolutely woeful year for him but in the long run, I think we would be doing him a favour.  He could go and play some golf in Portugal for a couple of months, get his head together, maybe do some TV work then decide if he wants another crack at management and we can get on with our aim of getting back up. I don't hold any ill will with the bloke (and I think some of the personal abuse has been unnecessary) but he's had a fair crack and it's time for a change.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2018, 08:11:06 PM »
I think some of the personal abuse has been pretty disgraceful, tbh. I get it in the moment during a match, but when the dust has settled to keep going on like that is no good.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2018, 08:15:59 PM »
I think he has got off pretty lightly.

Online Clampy

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 08:38:54 PM »
I think some of the personal abuse has been pretty disgraceful, tbh. I get it in the moment during a match, but when the dust has settled to keep going on like that is no good.

Couldn't agree more.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 08:41:10 PM »
Now there's a surprise.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2018, 08:51:42 PM »
The "niceness" is pure PR.

Judging from some of his statements of late, I think he's got us all down as blind idiots. Sometimes a little humility goes a long way.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2018, 10:05:44 PM »

sums it up for me .

I have been convinced of this, everything from bizarre team selections, rambling post match interviews, mixing up time periods and repetitive cliches.
It’s sad in a way but he was never going to be the right man to rebuild this club but he is not even as effective as the Steve Bruce of the past.

I think him getting the sack would top off an absolutely woeful year for him but in the long run, I think we would be doing him a favour.  He could go and play some golf in Portugal for a couple of months, get his head together, maybe do some TV work then decide if he wants another crack at management and we can get on with our aim of getting back up. I don't hold any ill will with the bloke (and I think some of the personal abuse has been unnecessary) but he's had a fair crack and it's time for a change.

Agree Clampy, though I do feel he has been unnecessarily antagonistic at times towards the fans and this has resulted in increasing hostility towards him from some quarters.  A parting of the ways after the play off final would have probably been best for both parties, but circumstances at the club prevented that happening. 

Online Clampy

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2018, 07:07:31 AM »

sums it up for me .

Agree Clampy, though I do feel he has been unnecessarily antagonistic at times towards the fans and this has resulted in increasing hostility towards him from some quarters.  A parting of the ways after the play off final would have probably been best for both parties, but circumstances at the club prevented that happening. 

I think he's just going on the defensive (and not just on the pitch some might quip). He's not doing himself any favours but I can understand it.

I agree that he should have gone after the play off final but in some ways, you could argue that him staying helped in a way. The likes of Chester might have wanted to go as well if Bruce had gone and I think having a manager in place throughout the off field chaos was a good thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal