collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Sheff Weds Post-Match Thread  (Read 20779 times)

Online walsall villain

Re: Aston Villa v Sheff Weds Post-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2018, 10:23:05 PM »
Deja vu all over again. Beaten by a team who were well organised, let us have the ball in our own half, pressed everywhere else and broke quickly. We seem to rely on individual moments of excellence. One of the best Villa goals from outside the box I’ve seen but to no avail. The most important cog in the wheel at a club is the manager and ours is not up to it. So frustrating.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »
Defence a shambles all day thought we got off light they could have got five. The big difference today was they had a plan and the players played as a team. We have the best players in the league I am convinced of that what we don't have is a competent manager, he may have fitted in twenty years ago but football has moved on and Bruce is stuck in a time warp.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2018, 10:35:35 PM »
If you give Barry Bannan the freedom of Villa Park, what do you expect. No-one within 10 yards of him all afternoon. The team is built around him and yet no-one got anywhere near him. It was like a royal visit.

Yep. Same with Woods when he was at Brentford. No attention to detail whatsoever.

He does what he does, and if he we don't fuck him off, he will do for us.

Offline richl

« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2018, 10:36:15 PM »
35k people turned up to watch that today. Many won’t return until the manager has left.

I'm not!!. A hundred quid day with a train and a ticket and incidentals. What a waste

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »
We just don't seem to have a plan. No plan of how we're going to play, nor one for thwarting the opposition. Just aimless, gormless hoofing. Compared to that it's no wonder all our opponents tend to look pretty decent. They just have to stick to their plan and they'll have some joy. We look so easy to play against.

Offline vilan461

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2018, 11:11:14 PM »
Awful display aimless planless Barry Bannan ran the show again showed us what we are missing McGinns wonder goal deserved so much more.and i sure disagree with SB Jedinack is not a CB!!even more so when up sgainst a half decent centre forward -nicely placed goal from Fletcher and how many free kicks did Jedi concede again ?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2018, 11:11:51 PM »
And another thing.
Why the fuck has McGinn been taken off free kick and corner duty?
His deliveries in the first couple of games were outstanding, but the twat of a manager has decided the Hourihane should take every single dead ball kick?
I think he is deliberately trying to sabotage the team.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2018, 11:56:17 PM »
And another thing.
Why the fuck has McGinn been taken off free kick and corner duty?
His deliveries in the first couple of games were outstanding, but the twat of a manager has decided the Hourihane should take every single dead ball kick?
I think he is deliberately trying to sabotage the team.

Was thinking exactly the same Andy. McGinn’s crosses and set pieces were on par with Stan back in the day. And now he’s not taking them. Reason 5727383893 to get rid of Bruce.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2018, 12:02:42 AM »
Sabotage is a strong word but you might be right. It’s like he’s actually angling for a the sack, maybe he’s had enough but just won’t leave without his pay out. When I was about 18 I wanted  to break up with a girl but didn’t have the balls so just behaved badly so she dumped me, it’s the same here I’m beginning to think.

I know it sounds absurd but no more absurd than the CB shambles and some of his other decisions and comments.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2018, 01:33:00 AM »
Load of Blues Bruce, pack your bags you fat ******.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2018, 02:05:04 AM »
Load of Blues Bruce, pack your bags you fat c***.

The Blues reference and depiction our manager's girth detracts from your argument, although I agree agree that he should be fucked off forthwith, as I posted towards  the end of his first season in charge.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2018, 02:10:00 AM »
The blues reference is the word filter kicking in. "dogsh1t" spelt correctly automatically becomes "Blues".

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2018, 07:36:51 AM »
Slept on it and it remains as horrible as it was in real time.  The single fundamental defect in our slide to where we now are is that we play too deep, we move the ball too slowly and we make unforced errors.

Yesterday was typical.  We try to mimic top flight teams by retaining possession with backwards and sideways passing.  For that to work you need players with the pace and technique to make the killer pass or the killer run into the heart of the opposition.  Our players are not good enough for that so we shuffle the ball about until it is hoofed forward or we lose possession.
We would be infinitely more successful if we played Route 1 with strength and pace.  Leicester won the Premiership doing it.

As somebody said, we are so easy to play against.  Let us shuffle the ball about until we either lump it aimlessly (Yes Hutton I am looking at you) or misplace a five yard pass (and you Jedinak).  It is what we have become.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2018, 07:43:01 AM »
I can understand getting tactics wrong during a game but bruce’s Inability to rectify anything during the game is unforgivable. We looked a defeated army out there today.  As for the so called premiership players - bolasie will not give anything unless it is easy and in his favour. The Egyptian winger is he good enough?  Abraham does he really want to play for us and how we are missing terry at the back
Assume you weren't at the game? Our 'Egyptian winger' played right back in a back four today and was one of our better players.
El Ghazi?
People born in The Netherlands tend to be called Dutch.
Good point

People with dual Dutch and Moroccan nationality aren’t often described as Egyptian either!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2018, 07:47:52 AM »
Slept on it and it remains as horrible as it was in real time.  The single fundamental defect in our slide to where we now are is that we play too deep, we move the ball too slowly and we make unforced errors.

Yesterday was typical.  We try to mimic top flight teams by retaining possession with backwards and sideways passing.  For that to work you need players with the pace and technique to make the killer pass or the killer run into the heart of the opposition.  Our players are not good enough for that so we shuffle the ball about until it is hoofed forward or we lose possession.
We would be infinitely more successful if we played Route 1 with strength and pace.  Leicester won the Premiership doing it.

As somebody said, we are so easy to play against.  Let us shuffle the ball about until we either lump it aimlessly (Yes Hutton I am looking at you) or misplace a five yard pass (and you Jedinak).  It is what we have become.

The big, big problem is the defence. In McGinn, Grealish and Hourihane we have a midfield bursting with talent, but in front of a Frankenstein’s Monster of a defence, it hugely affects their play. They all have to drop deep to collect the ball, which means they’re often dispossessed not far from our area. Jedinak was utterly pathetic yesterday, and Chester is suffering for it too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal