collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Sheff Weds Post-Match Thread  (Read 20780 times)

Offline charleeco7

Re: Aston Villa v Sheff Weds Post-Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2018, 08:08:41 PM »
I can see why the two forwards get so frustrated though. They both have pace and skill so what do we do? Slow the ball down, pass it wide and eventually swing it into the box. A number of times TA had opened up space between himself and the defender so a ball could be slid through to him but we went backwards or wide.
For me we just don’t play to the strengths of the players we have and that is down to the manager and his staff.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2018, 08:12:05 PM »
I can understand getting tactics wrong during a game but bruce’s Inability to rectify anything during the game is unforgivable. We looked a defeated army out there today.  As for the so called premiership players - bolasie will not give anything unless it is easy and in his favour. The Egyptian winger is he good enough?  Abraham does he really want to play for us and how we are missing terry at the back
Assume you weren't at the game? Our 'Egyptian winger' played right back in a back four today and was one of our better players.
El Ghazi?

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2018, 08:13:42 PM »
I can understand getting tactics wrong during a game but bruce’s Inability to rectify anything during the game is unforgivable. We looked a defeated army out there today.  As for the so called premiership players - bolasie will not give anything unless it is easy and in his favour. The Egyptian winger is he good enough?  Abraham does he really want to play for us and how we are missing terry at the back
Assume you weren't at the game? Our 'Egyptian winger' played right back in a back four today and was one of our better players.
El Ghazi?
People born in The Netherlands tend to be called Dutch.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2018, 08:21:25 PM »
Or Johann.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2018, 08:22:17 PM »
El Ghazi?
Good point

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015

Offline john2710

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »
As soon as I saw Wednesday were set up with 3 at the back I knew we'd struggle. Bruce took 42 mins to move Grealish off the wing, when we equalised he was then moved out wide again.

Neither players nor fans have any confidence in Bruce, the owners are clearing the decks, its now a question of when not if.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »
Like how when we win Bruce talks about how he knows what he is doing as a manager , then we lose and its the players fault ..he really is a grade A twat

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2018, 09:02:10 PM »
For the second time at Villa Park in a year Wednesday made everyone in C&B look like a grade A twat.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2018, 09:15:51 PM »
35k people turned up to watch that today. Many won’t return until the manager has left.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2018, 09:26:11 PM »
Positives-McGinns worldie!
Negatives-Bruce as manager!
Today's performance was truly awful. 2 years on and Bruce doesn't have a clue how to set his team up. Last season during games Albert and snoddy needed to change wings, but Bruce would have none of it. Today in a truly awful 1st half grealish played 3 different positions, Albert 2 and Kodjia 2 or 3 (I lost count)
Our 1st shot on target was McGinns wonder strike. Again nothing from the training ground, Bruce instead relying on an individual's moment of brilliance. We picked up for 5-10 minutes after our goal, but soon returned to the dirge of the 1st half. Jedi was hopeless at cb particularly 1st half, and TA's contribution was minimal.
We played like we were the away team! At corners we brought everybody back, sheff wed would leave 1 up, this is an indicator in itself of how defensive Bruce is. Bringing off our leading goalscorer this season, when 2-1 down again does Bruce no favours. I don't dislike Bruce because of his association with scum. I dislike him because he constantly f-cks up the team I support.

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2018, 09:29:18 PM »
If you give Barry Bannan the freedom of Villa Park, what do you expect. No-one within 10 yards of him all afternoon. The team is built around him and yet no-one got anywhere near him. It was like a royal visit.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2018, 09:51:15 PM »
We could have a great team of players who weren’t good enough for Villa

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2018, 10:03:49 PM »
With respect  whilst he is one of our own young Barry is still shit. It's just that in the land of darkness he provided a flicker of light. 

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2018, 10:07:21 PM »
El Ghazi?
Nice one BC54 VFC. :) Let's hope no one will turn up with the Bernard Manning joke.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal