collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Sheff Weds Post-Match Thread  (Read 20956 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Aston Villa v Sheff Weds Post-Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »
Cheer up Aftab we have getting knocked out of the FA Cup to look forward to.  Onwards and downwards.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2018, 09:59:04 AM »
Bruce will NEVER make a sub while it’s  positive and we are in the driving seat. All of his subs are reactive

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2018, 10:00:57 AM »
Yes Brian no doubt we will get drawn at home against some semi-pros from the Conference and their part time Manager will easily outwit our £3M a year  "knows the game been there done it" Maestro. 

Online olaftab

« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2018, 10:04:04 AM »
Bruce will NEVER make a sub while it’s  positive and we are in the driving seat. All of his subs are reactive
About reactive as a dead slug.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2018, 10:05:18 AM »
My mood is as crap as the weather. How can we be still so shit after spending a fortune since being relegated? There is no end to this misery.

Sounds like a Tokyo trip is in order, mate. Plenty of hot sake, wagyu beef and distance from Bruce. On me of course!

I predict he'll be gone soon, we'll get someone in who knows his arse from his elbow, and you'll enjoy going down the Villa again. Fuck, we might even have a decent FA Cup run with a manager that wants to win the bastard thing.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2018, 10:47:40 AM »
Just about in the top half. Nothing to do with you Bruce, thank the people that named the Club.
Yeah potato head will probably claim credit for us being top of the league before a ball was was kicked.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2018, 10:49:00 AM »
Nyland actually did all right yesterday.
I agree.
He prevented us getting a tonking.

Online olaftab

« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2018, 10:55:10 AM »
Sounds like a Tokyo trip is in order, mate. Plenty of hot sake, wagyu beef and distance from Bruce. On me of course!
Oh how I wish as that would be so nice. However most likely scenario is that I along with many thousands will keep turning up at VP taking the medicine until we see this petty, self centred asshole  gone.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2018, 11:00:14 AM »
thatwas beyond egregious and worse than anything I saw under DM. Total shite - and Gayle was the striker we should have brought in on loan, quality at this level.

He wouldn’t be if he played for us
Potato head would have put him at left back. Or centre half.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2018, 11:00:48 AM »
Grealish is the most talented player we have but by jeez he fannied around a lot. He never plays a quick one two always seems to want to take them all on by himself. I think it is the reason we look disjointed up front, a good manager would turn him into a legend.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2018, 11:07:02 AM »
Today I could put up with no more and let rip at the Bruce apologist/snowflake behind me in the lower Holte.
The peasants are revolting.......off with his head!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2018, 12:09:31 PM »
Bruce should be treating all of us to wagyu beef after that crap. Like MON reluctantly attending a dinner for the fans who flew to Moscow to watch a second-string side tamely exit the Europa. Didn't he tell some fans to "shut-up" at said occasion (seem to remember former H&Ver DC5 stating as much)?
Anyway, enough digression and back to our beef with Bruce...

Online Pete3206

« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »
Wednesday had a decent goalie, a solid defensive line, a hardworking team ethic and an organised game plan that included passing the ball correctly and playing as team.

It's not rocket science Mr Bruce. But of course, you know what you're doing don't you?   

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2018, 01:30:58 PM »
It wasn't just the defence yesterday the midfield let them come steaming through far too easily especially second half - I'd like a return to 4 1 4 1 it worked ok last season - yesterday we had Grealish right side left side central, the shape was all over the place.

Agreed, our biggest problem is the midfield and front players are providing little to no cover for the defence. We seem to be at our most vulnerable from attacking set pieces, which says a lot for our shape, or more lack of it. The utter laziness of Kodjia for one cannot be tolerated in such an unbalanced side. That crap spreads like a virus in the team as was seen in our last two home games. Abraham already needs a boot in the arse after his effort yesterday.

The problem to be fair to Bruce was that he played both Jedinak and Grealish centrally v Blackburn and both were useless. But we are going nowhere playing 442 with the players we currently have.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2018, 01:33:31 PM »
Agree the 442 looks wrong for us

We have been playing 4141 most of the seaon. The problem is that last year the 4 all had a great goal and assist threat. This year that threat is much reduced. It wasn't working for me. It might however work w Kodjia and Bolasie wide. Also means dropping hourihane again unless jack plays wide

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal