collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Blackburn Rovers vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19519 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Blackburn Rovers vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2018, 10:33:26 AM »
Why do some people feel it is their right to tell other people how they should support their team?  I haven't seen anyone say they want to see us lose just to prove a point. 

There were a few people on here before saturday's match saying they wanted us to lose.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2018, 11:10:28 AM »
What is slightly annoying here is everyone who slated Hourihane previously have not given any credit to bruce for bringing him on and getting us a point. I am not happy with how we are playing. But before bruce arrived we were in the bottom 3 and in free fall. The Holte were booing our players for fun. We were a joke. Last season we missed promotion by 90 minutes. Support `our`manager our team. VTID   
Were we in the bottom 3?
Are you sure or are you accepting ‘alternative facts’ ?

Steve says we were bottom, then in the bottom 2.
You now say bottom 3 whereas the general consensus is that we were 19th.

Someone knows the truth, or maybe everyone is wrong ?

When he was announced we were 19th. That was the Thursday.

On the Friday Cardiff beat Forest to go above us pushing us into 20th.

On the Saturday, in the 3pm kickoffs Derby won and went above us and Wigan drew and went above us on goals scored meaning we kicked off against Wolves in 22nd.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2018, 11:18:52 AM »
Why do some people feel it is their right to tell other people how they should support their team?  I haven't seen anyone say they want to see us lose just to prove a point. 

There were a few people on here before saturday's match saying they wanted us to lose.

I'm not one of them (but I did say I find it difficult to not see an equaliser and feel the joy of the goal and getting something out of the game mixed with a slight disappointment that Bruce has been saved by a moment of brilliance again) but I'd argue that anyone who said that wasn't doing it to prove a point but rather it's a bit like ripping a plaster off in one go, they just want it done with.

I think most people now accept that Bruce is fucked and his days are numbered but that means there's a 'end of term' feeling to everything where we're all just stuck in limbo until the owners get on with it. If ew delay it, he might win the next couple and maybe have a run of 7-8 unbeaten, but at some point there's going to be another run of 5-6 games without a win and we'll be right back here again, there's nothing in his entire career to suggest he knows how to stop those cycles repeating, it's a freakishly regular pattern everywhere he's been.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2018, 12:10:07 AM »
Warnock, Smith and Wilder.

Look at their squads and the money they have spent and you think, "They are over-achieving with what they've got to work with."

Look at Bruce, and guess what?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal