collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Xia gone?  (Read 22666 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Xia gone?
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »
To tell you to stop posting shite.

Thanks for the well thought out reply but like I said, what do you want them to say? I think his time is up as well but the next statement will either be a vote of confidence or one telling us he's gone. I'm not sure we can expect anything else in between.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2018, 12:05:48 PM »
I was indirectly referring to Bruce

On the Xia thread. It was obvious.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2018, 02:21:48 PM »
What do you want them to say though? They're not going to come out and say he's under pressure, no club does that and if they came out and backed him, it would just be seen as the dreaded vote of confidence. They'll act when they decide it's time.

Not specific to Bruce but I'd like to see a fluff piece from Purslow.  It's not important and really wouldn't tell us anything but I find it strange that he's been here for about a month and we've not heard anything from him about how the club is, etc.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
And then people would moan it's a fluff piece that says nothing.

Online paul_e

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2018, 04:31:20 PM »
And then people would moan it's a fluff piece that says nothing.

Of course they will, "we need a statement" followed by "don't tell me, show me" (usually by the same people) is like night follows day. It doesn't mean it wouldn't be good to hear something from him soon about what he thinks of the club and what his ambitions are.  The 2nd of those 2 regular comments is probably why we haven't heard anything because the last 5-6 board members/owners who claimed any ambition got it.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2018, 04:44:23 PM »
I'm sure there will be an interview soon, there normally is when someone new comes in but maybe they're waiting to see how future results go. It would be a bit unwise to have an interview outlining his plans whilst Bruce is here only to let him go a week or two later.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2018, 04:52:27 PM »
That's how
I'm sure there will be an interview soon, there normally is when someone new comes in but maybe they're waiting to see how future results go. It would be a bit unwise to have an interview outlining his plans whilst Bruce is here only to let him go a week or two later.

That's how I read the situation too. I think had we won the last 3 matches there'd have been an 'in depth' interview with Purslow up on the Youtube Channel by now.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2018, 07:32:20 PM »

Sounds sensible

Online paul_e

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2018, 12:05:52 AM »
That's largely what i was getting at. I suspect he'll stay quiet until there's something the fans like that comes out. Resigning Jack could've been it if there wasn't so much noise around Bruce.

If he's sensible he'll be waiting for a "this is just the start" event as his 'show me'.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2018, 10:25:42 AM »
That's largely what i was getting at. I suspect he'll stay quiet until there's something the fans like that comes out. Resigning Jack could've been it if there wasn't so much noise around Bruce.

If he's sensible he'll be waiting for a "this is just the start" event as his 'show me'.

Yet only a handful of posts earlier you say you want a fluff piece from him?

Online paul_e

« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »

Is the difference between "I'd like" and "I suspect" really so confusing?

I'd like a fluff piece because I think it's right for fans to hear the CEO speak as early as possible, even if it's inconsequential. However I don't think we'll get one because too many fans will moan if they hear from him before something significant happens and I'd guess the club knows that.  If things had been going better on the pitch I suspect we'd have heard from him when Grealish signed his new deal, with a "we want to keep our best young players and build a team around them" speech but because Bruce is on such shaky ground the club know that anything like that they put out would be met by comments calling for Bruce to be sacked.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2018, 01:42:07 PM »
There was a very short tweet from the Club, pretty much exactly as per your post Paul;

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2018, 02:04:29 PM »
I'd like his first interview to be...

"I really didn't have a choice. The results and performances have not been good enough and it was time to make a change. We thank Steve for his efforts and wish him well for the future."

Is that fluffy enough ? :)

Online paul_e

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2018, 02:05:27 PM »
There was a very short tweet from the Club, pretty much exactly as per your post Paul;

ah I'd missed that but I think it still holds true that we haven't had the 'such a big club, so much potential, we want to make the most of it' statement that you'd expect.

The main reason I want to see something fairly light is that, for me, seeing someone talk in an informal way tells you a lot about them as a person, I never warmed to Wyness because in his early stuff he came across as a bit of a tit.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »

Is the difference between "I'd like" and "I suspect" really so confusing?

I'd like a fluff piece because I think it's right for fans to hear the CEO speak as early as possible, even if it's inconsequential. However I don't think we'll get one because too many fans will moan if they hear from him before something significant happens and I'd guess the club knows that.  If things had been going better on the pitch I suspect we'd have heard from him when Grealish signed his new deal, with a "we want to keep our best young players and build a team around them" speech but because Bruce is on such shaky ground the club know that anything like that they put out would be met by comments calling for Bruce to be sacked.

Ok. So you want him to do something that isn't sensible. Brilliant. Now I understand completely.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal