collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheffield United battered Aston Villa 4-1 - Post Match Thread  (Read 20788 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Sheffield United battered Aston Villa 4-1 - Post Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2018, 12:20:02 PM »
Yes the plod looked more like a militia than trustworth bobbies although the few I chatted with were decent enough, if hot and bothered.

A perculiar command decision to police the game in such a manner. Anyone would think there were a load of striking miners who needed to be kept in their place

There was also a heavy metal festival going on there yesterday, maybe some of the plod were going straight there afterward without getting changed?

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2018, 12:56:44 PM »
Yes the plod looked more like a militia than trustworth bobbies although the few I chatted with were decent enough, if hot and bothered.

A perculiar command decision to police the game in such a manner. Anyone would think there were a load of striking miners who needed to be kept in their place

There was also a heavy metal festival going on there yesterday, maybe some of the plod were going straight there afterward without getting changed?

That'll be it then. Those mosh pits can be pretty brutal places, apparently...

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2018, 02:14:43 PM »
I have never seen so many police in and around a stadium, when there was trouble two of them just stood and filmed it, leaving the stewards to struggle to sort it.

I mentioned that somewhere here, wondered what info they had that had led to them committing that many plod. Only ever seen more at Blues and last seasons away at Wolves.

It was the same at Sheff Wednesday away last year. Two pubs within five minutes walk of the station shouldn't need police horses and a full squadron of response rozzers.

Rotherham was similar two years ago. Definitely a Yorkshire Police thing.

It must be a visiting big club/categorization sitch. I went to Hillsborough with some BHA mates several seasons back: and plod were conspicuous by their absence. Cue Wendy twats waiting outside the turnstiles for away fans to come out & having a pop at all & sundry. One Stone Island-clad nobber walked up to me & asked me if I 'were Brighton'? I said, "no, Hove actually"(in a non South Coast accent) - & he didn't know how to react  & promptly walked off to look for somebody else to slap. Yorkshire, eh?  ::)

Ha ha that reminds me of walking up to St Andrews once on my own and several lads approaching me and asking if I was Villa - I sort of glared back and replied "yer what" as though I couldn't quite believe theyd asked and they soon buggered off.

Remember many moons ago outside selhurst park being stopped by a bunch of cockneys who asked me if I knew the time. I simply replied....we don't wear fuckin watches in Brum...off they trotted

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #183 on: September 03, 2018, 09:25:45 AM »
Awful and shocking are two words to descibe our non performance something needs to change because that type of performance should never be excepted by our great club again.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2018, 01:50:23 AM »
It was unfortunate but I feel a come back against Blackburn on Saturday. Although I think it will be very tight, a win would be amazing. For some reason sites like BetSeven are predicting a big Blackburn win. But the stats aren't everything. We are in need of a turn around and passion wins games, not just stats.

https://www.betseven.net/football-betting-tips/english-championship/blackburn-vs-aston-villa/

Perhaps you'd like to ask our advertising rates before you post again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal