Heroes & Villains > Villa Memories

Spot The Autographs (Now With Added 1967!)

(1/5) > >>

Woofles The Wonder Dog:
In a wild bout of optimism, my dear wife has dragged me into the garage to clear out stuff prior to our house move (hah!).

Most of my stuff hasn't seen the light of day for decades (programmes, H&Vs, Witton Wisdoms et al.), including this item. It's the back of an old cheque, filled with autographs obtained at Bodymoor Heath in (I think) 1977.

We visited there with my Mother-In-Law (why???) and after watching them train and play a practice match (in those days you just wandered where you liked) we split up to grab signatures. Now, Mother-In-Law knew nothing about football so just collared any likely looking suspect and when we met up again I recognised very few of her victims.

Obviously John Deehan, and I did recognise Allan Evans because we'd just signed him as a young Centre Forward from Dunfermline but had no idea what he looked like. I asked her about him, and she said: "I went up to anyone who looked like a footballer, but he told me not to bother with his because, and I quote, 'You don't want mine, I'm nobody'". Now, as M-I-L was the living embodiment of Mrs. Doyle he stood no chance and signed.

So, the point of this waffle is, does anyone recognise the rest, because she didn't have a clue!

Rudy Can't Fail:
Andy Gray with the watermark.

Rudy Can't Fail:
Top one I think is Ivor Linton.

Rudy Can't Fail:
Below John Deehan's is Jimmy Rimmer.

Rudy Can't Fail:
Wow! Second from the top is Ron Saunders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version