collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next manager?  (Read 330233 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Next manager?
« Reply #450 on: September 22, 2018, 08:30:57 PM »
Gary Rowett might be available soon without us having to pay any compensation. ;)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #451 on: September 22, 2018, 08:32:02 PM »
I’d take Terry, if working under an established DoF and supported by a decent coaching team.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #452 on: September 22, 2018, 08:39:15 PM »
I’d take Terry, if working under an established DoF and supported by a decent coaching team.

Agree, I think that's the best option - anywhere.
A perfect fit.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #453 on: September 22, 2018, 08:40:50 PM »
I'd be hoping for a good calibre European coach.  We seem to only go for two types of manager recently; the absolute newbie, cutting his teeth for the first time, or the dinosaur. Neither is the right option for me.

I couldn't name a name, but would hope for someone who has managed for a decade, had success in building up a club with an ethos we can absorb and continue on with. The personality to carry the weight of expectation at Villa and unite the club. Maybe I'm asking too much. Other clubs seem to manage it from time to time.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #454 on: September 22, 2018, 08:58:00 PM »
Gary Rowett might be available soon without us having to pay any compensation. ;)

I’d take him, purely to sack the wanker before his first game. Cannot bear the bloke.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #455 on: September 22, 2018, 09:00:33 PM »
You just knew his big move to Stoke was going to turn to shit. Or at least I hope it does.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #456 on: September 22, 2018, 09:01:18 PM »
Watching BT Sport and Hoddle just said, with reference to Wolves and Fulham, that management has changed since his era.  He said that "clarity" on a style of play is of paramount importance and getting stuck in is not enough anymore.  Not often I agree with him but that screams true and would be a good blueprint for selecting the next manager.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #457 on: September 22, 2018, 09:04:54 PM »
I'd be hoping for a good calibre European coach.  We seem to only go for two types of manager recently; the absolute newbie, cutting his teeth for the first time, or the dinosaur. Neither is the right option for me.

I couldn't name a name, but would hope for someone who has managed for a decade, had success in building up a club with an ethos we can absorb and continue on with. The personality to carry the weight of expectation at Villa and unite the club. Maybe I'm asking too much. Other clubs seem to manage it from time to time.

The only time I can recall us appointing a manager who could be classed as an absolute 'newbie' with no previous managerial experience he won us the European Cup.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #458 on: September 22, 2018, 09:06:07 PM »
Don't have a stand out favourite but it simply needs to happen otherwise it will be a wasted season.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #459 on: September 22, 2018, 09:07:56 PM »
It’ll be Thierry Henri. Hopefully with Arsene or another similar DoF to help him - but pretty sure it will be Thierry. To be honest after today I don’t care that he has zero experience the mentality just needs to be changed. We have the best front 6 in the division and play like we’re scared of losing.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #460 on: September 22, 2018, 09:08:46 PM »

Agree.  It's a level of football knowledge that is beyond me but this fella is available and the CV reads well.  Ingolstadt and RB Leipzig being two clubs he has managed over the past few years which appear to have grown whilst he was there.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Hasenhüttl
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:13:16 PM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #461 on: September 22, 2018, 09:09:34 PM »
Terry's got even less experience than Henry.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #462 on: September 22, 2018, 09:12:50 PM »
Yep it’s time now. Would’ve done it in the international break but we never seem to be ahead of the curve.  Brendan Rogers would be my preferred choice but anyone but Bruce now quite frankly. Over his constant excuses and deflection.  This league is shit but we’re treading water.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #463 on: September 22, 2018, 09:19:06 PM »

100% this.  We're Aston Fucking Villa!  We shouldn't be a training ground for the likes of Henry or Terry, nor should we be settling for the likes of David Moyes or Sam Allardyce who are just plumping up their retirement pots.

Be ambitious and take a punt on someone with the right ethos, who's proven themselves elsewhere.  I appreciate it didn't pan out quite how we wanted it to but weren't we the first top flight English club to appoint a manager from outside the UK & Ireland in Dr Jo?

We've got a squad that any other team in the division would willingly swap us for coupled with the 3rd richest owners in English football.  That's a pretty good sell to any manager.  Go and get the right guy and lets twat this fucking league!

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #464 on: September 22, 2018, 09:48:16 PM »

100% this.  We're Aston Fucking Villa!  We shouldn't be a training ground for the likes of Henry or Terry, nor should we be settling for the likes of David Moyes or Sam Allardyce who are just plumping up their retirement pots.

Be ambitious and take a punt on someone with the right ethos, who's proven themselves elsewhere.  I appreciate it didn't pan out quite how we wanted it to but weren't we the first top flight English club to appoint a manager from outside the UK & Ireland in Dr Jo?

We've got a squad that any other team in the division would willingly swap us for coupled with the 3rd richest owners in English football.  That's a pretty good sell to any manager.  Go and get the right guy and lets twat this fucking league!

Be ambitious?  Henry or Terry then..?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal