collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burton Albion vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 14235 times)

Offline BoVillan esq

Re: Burton Albion vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »
I hate that mentality of not caring about the cups. Yes, it'll be won by bloody Leicester or something, but contempt breeds familiarity in this case. It's a loss where no loss was necessary, particularly in a season where we've started less than glowingly.

Most of all, I'm sick of getting the flick from nonner teams. Burton, Millwall, Leyton Orient. Fuck off.

This is exactly correct, what so bad about going as far as you can and coming up against the likes of Liverpool or Chelsea, Spurs Man City, who knows what might happen, these are the teams that are above this competition, so they feel, not Villa.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 09:47:20 PM »
Yet another defeat against Lower league opposition in a cup competition. Still, we've had this drummed into us over the years that it's doesn't matter that much any more.

Expectations continue to be lowered,

Too many games anyway. In August. 

With an international break after the next game.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 09:48:13 PM »
Disgraceful management by Bruce tonight! He's picking teams like a man who knows he's on his way out. Totally disrespectful by the "nice" man to the travelling support tonight! F-ck off Bruce!

Offline jwarry

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 09:48:53 PM »
To be honest who cares it was very much a reserve team out there and we ain't winning this competition any time soon. Sorry for the fans who went obviously but everyone knew the team he'd put out - similar to Peterborough and look what happened after that game.

I care and quite honestly if he was so bothered about 7 games in 21 days I would rather he fucked off the U23 competition last night and play the bloody kids as i would have more sympathy

Offline TonyD

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2018, 09:50:16 PM »
Our views count for nothing.   It’s up to the new owners whether they  keep the ‘anti-manager’. 

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2018, 09:51:50 PM »
Sheffield United away next.  Lose that and it makes it a very ordinary start to the season.  The pressure is on.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2018, 09:53:18 PM »
I have no idea if anybody knows the answer to this, but what experience fo the new owners have in hiring and firing football managers? It feels like we don't have a body in place to make those kind of decisions.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2018, 09:54:01 PM »
Sheffield United away next.  Lose that and it makes it a very ordinary start to the season.  The pressure is on.

Don’t worry he will do enough....

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2018, 09:54:19 PM »

Yes it will be interesting to see what wistful little piece of magic Stevie boy will conjure up for this one, now we have familiarized ourselves with how to lose again. 

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2018, 09:54:54 PM »
I have no idea if anybody knows the answer to this, but what experience fo the new owners have in hiring and firing football managers? It feels like we don't have a body in place to make those kind of decisions.

Well our manager doesn’t look like he has any experience in football to be honest.

Offline frank black

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2018, 09:55:10 PM »
His moaning about the number of games and his team selection make it obvious he doesn’t give a shit about this competition. Pretty sure his team talks were half arsed too. This attitude will of course be reflected in the teams performance. They would have been better off allowing the assistant manager to take sole charge of the cup games. Give Bruce a nice break and time to focus on the league 🤦‍♂️

Offline jwarry

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2018, 09:55:24 PM »

I was under the impression the American guy has a lot of experience in that department doesn’t he?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2018, 09:56:55 PM »
To me, it was obvious from that bench that Bruce didn't care what the result was tonight. If we won, great, but there was no way he was chasing it.

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2018, 09:57:20 PM »
We were the championship team to lose to one from a lower league.  Time he went.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2018, 09:59:42 PM »
I do take his point though about the number of games (although we cant use it as an excuse, it's the same for every team in our league). We'll have played our 8th game of the season already on Saturday. I think every manager will say that's too many after just under a month.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal