collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burton Albion vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 14242 times)

Offline Fred Crump

Re: Burton Albion vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2018, 04:17:29 PM »
Surely he means 'pedestrian' not 'pedantic'. So clueless he's even playing words out of position.

Stop the forum, that's post of the year for me, there will be nothing funnier

*applause*

I conker sir , woops

Agreed, can’t be beaten !
If playing words out of position is a criterion, perhaps we should put our very own Footyskillz forward for the job. He makes a lot more sense about football than many managers and certainly a lot more than Bruce . Footy’s prescottian syntax would make for great after match interviews. How about it Footy?

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2018, 04:24:13 PM »
Rewind a few years and I would of been well pissed off we lost. Last night though I have to confess it just did not bother me. I think my expectations have been lowered to a level where I can't even get annoyed anymore.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2018, 05:22:18 PM »
I was. Happy to give the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of the season when we were winning. Because ultimately that's the thing we should be measured on.

However, I've got a ticket for Saturday and know full well we will be trying to achieve a draw.

I'm not feeling confident at all.

I think Bruce has just reinforced to those picked every fucking week that they will continue to be picked every fucking week.

It's like the army sending new recruits into battle without a plan, without any tanks, and no bullets. Then blaming them when the resultant massacre happens.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2018, 05:33:09 PM »
Massacre?

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2018, 05:37:36 PM »
I'm with Drummond. This always comes to mind when Bruce and tactics are mentioned.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »
For me it is very simple: Bruce used the game as a practice match to try out a few training ideas. I take that as a big insult to not only Villains but anyone who turned up for the game.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2018, 08:04:05 PM »
I'm with Drummond. This always comes to mind when Bruce and tactics are mentioned.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2018, 08:28:15 PM »
For me it is very simple: Bruce used the game as a practice match to try out a few training ideas. I take that as a big insult to not only Villains but anyone who turned up for the game.
I think that would have been a sensible idea but you have to have an intensity so that it doesn't have the feel of a practice match,otherwise you learn nothing from the edperiments and it becomes an insult to fans.Incidentally,after the initial 10 minutes,I felt the first half of the Reading game drifted into that lackadaisical approach of a friendly game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal