collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yannick Bolasie - Returned to Everton  (Read 83097 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Yannick Bolasie - Signed on Loan
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2018, 07:17:35 AM »
We don't half have some hysterical drama queens as fans.

That sounds just like a Steve Bruce quote! "Hysteria"

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2018, 07:45:52 AM »
It is pretty hysterical to he wanting to get rid of one of the most talented players in the division because he missed a game, despite putting in extra training on his day off to try to make it.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #242 on: October 24, 2018, 09:31:15 AM »
when you are 14 games in and that player has yet to start and has cost you an eye watering amount of money that would have been better spent elsewhere, then i think his critics have every eight to be concerned. And I'll take your £20 bet.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #243 on: October 24, 2018, 10:03:51 AM »
Done.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2018, 12:40:38 PM »
ha! the game's afoot CD.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2018, 06:30:48 PM »
when you are 14 games in and that player has yet to start and has cost you an eye watering amount of money that would have been better spent elsewhere, then i think his critics have every eight to be concerned. And I'll take your £20 bet.

I'm disgusted that he didn't start any of the first 5 games, despite not being a Villa player for them!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #246 on: October 24, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »
He blesses himself when he leaves the pitch so he must have some morals, I guess.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #247 on: October 24, 2018, 08:07:15 PM »
He blesses himself when he leaves the pitch so he must have some morals, I guess.
Probably offering his thanks for another £70k in his offshore bank account :)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2018, 08:32:34 PM »
my worry is he hasn't recovered from that injury. Given his wages it was always a big gamble for Bruce. Add to that he doesn't even score much - well i'm not sure he's going to appeal to Smith long term

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #249 on: October 25, 2018, 10:10:34 PM »
In smithy press conference pre QPR he said

"I didn't think Yannick made enough of an impact when he came on against Swansea and I spoke to him about that and he's worked hard all week and had a really good training session and is available for selection "

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2018, 10:16:16 PM »
It's good to know that Dean Smith isn't too concerned about letting the players know what he thinks.  Hopefully, Bolasie takes it on the chin and comes back more determined.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2018, 10:49:15 PM »
Smith has to make his mark and I fear Bolasie , kodjia or may be one of the marked men to not fit the energy, hard work and enthusiasm mantra.

I suspect El Ghazi will be in that picture too.

All talented with the ball it's the work off it that may prohibit them.

Jedinak will be interesting and may be the senior figure to leave in January depending on how things are.

All Yannick can do is get playing and do the stuff asked .
It's not totally his natural game but smithy has time for  flair attacking players he just wants to make sure they have the right attitude

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #252 on: October 25, 2018, 11:13:34 PM »
I wouldn't fear Smith's assessment Footyskillz. If they are left out, it's based on attitude or lack of ability. He wants attacking football.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #253 on: October 25, 2018, 11:29:50 PM »
There's also the show them who's boss syndrome where players are made examples sometimes just to show managwr authority as much as I don't fancy him .

Attitude will be found out and as much as clean slates given managers come in and say you won't fit my style.

I notice there is a bomb squad thread I don't think it's a  thing or it's at that level but it would be no surprise one of players mentioned and may add Lansbury , Richards won't be much involved and certainly attitudes have to be right .

However to reiterate it's often case a player or two is deemed not part plans .as well as making room in squad for incoming .

In this case Smith is clear on what works for him regards running and movement  demands.

Smith also seems to front up and has dialogue with players more current approach than an old school shunning players. He ll be up front with it.

Feel O'Kelly is the softer one with coach and JT the go to for the players .

Smith rules hard but fair.
Seems all good and clear !

Up the villa!

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2018, 11:59:55 PM »
I've got to say I'm pretty impressed he was training at 8.30pm in the gym on a Sunday night in a week he's had two games in Aftrica and a sub appearance on Saturday.

And I'm with Drummond, why be confrontational with a player who is in his down time and may turn out to be a key member of our team this season?   Some people just like to be hard I guess.  And then tell everyone about it.
I've got to say I'm pretty impressed he was training at 8.30pm in the gym on a Sunday night in a week he's had two games in Aftrica and a sub appearance on Saturday.

And I'm with Drummond, why be confrontational with a player who is in his down time and may turn out to be a key member of our team this season?   Some people just like to be hard I guess.  And then tell everyone about it.
No he wasn’t confronted I merely had a chat with him on my way past him in a gym,not his lounge or some private VIP area.He didn’t take umbrage with what I said but stated he was jet lagged.  I bump into our players and staff there all the time , they aren’t gods they are paid employees of our club  out in a public place .I don’t feel the need to dress up what I saw on the pitch from yards away as something it wasn’t .likewise if he’d had a brilliant game or just joined the club I’d welcome him accordingly.

Well I welcome your share and you're entitled to your view and that you spoke your mind.

What's good is you were honest in what you wanted to say .
I don't know why everyone else is on your case as that should be resreved for cabbage throwers and discriminators.

Quite opposite you were being honest and sounds like Yannick was too!!

For me bolasie is all about energy as a player and also he's in the gym ! That says a lot

Some times in life people don't get things or choose to question or ridicule if they wouldn't act or speak in that way themselves . What's nicer all round is the understanding and that brentastonb6 here kindly shared his interaction .

And feel free to post anymore info or informal chats you have with villa players this season !

Thanks
Thanks for the thanks, not too worried about people having a go ....there are a lot of keyboard warriors  but like all of us they are entitled to their opinions so I don’t think I’ll be changing my identity or route home . Likewise since my post I haven’t seen anything in Yannick to make me change my mind  . I would actually like to be wrong as  I never want to see any Villa player fail and I’ll happily eat humble pie if his form contributes to us returning to the premier league. UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal