collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:03:06 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Brentford - Match Thread  (Read 30745 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: Aston Villa v Brentford - Match Thread
« Reply #496 on: August 22, 2018, 09:50:39 PM »
There were plenty of positives tonight. The pace and tempo we played with for an hour was very good. Adding Ghazi and Bolasie to the mix will only improve that.

Defensively very suspect. Especially after we tired. Bruce took way too long to get fresh legs on. Clear to anyone that Brentford were getting on top.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #497 on: August 22, 2018, 09:51:22 PM »
This is the reality for us now. If you asked me three years ago how I felt about a last minute equalizer I'd have probably talked up the drama of it all, that's what football is all about, happened against us for years so it's our turn now.

Now, on a Wednesday night at home against Brentford in the Championship, it's just not good enough. To be relying on get out of jail free cards already at this point of the season, when we should be at peak performance with no excuses, is just shite.

And I can't stand the thought that Bruce is busy patting himself on the back now for a job well done. Big smile. "That's the Championship for you!"

I am sorry for our little disagreement, but you are talking bollocks again.  We were relegated, being the outstandingly shite team in the premier league for a number of years.  Remi Garde, coming after a series of shit managers, was a complete disaster of an experiment and we never recovered.  Until... Bruce has stabilised the club.  We were a total joke until he came in.  He is way far off perfect. He is limited for sure.  But if you think he is patting himself on the back for a home draw... Nah.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2018, 09:52:46 PM »
Make the move now, get rid of Bruce, this isn’t going to get better.
This

Was saying this before we equalised.

Good first half. Average second. Showed our aging squad with little quality to bring on

We need a centre half. Badly

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2018, 09:57:28 PM »
This is the reality for us now. If you asked me three years ago how I felt about a last minute equalizer I'd have probably talked up the drama of it all, that's what football is all about, happened against us for years so it's our turn now.

Now, on a Wednesday night at home against Brentford in the Championship, it's just not good enough. To be relying on get out of jail free cards already at this point of the season, when we should be at peak performance with no excuses, is just shite.

And I can't stand the thought that Bruce is busy patting himself on the back now for a job well done. Big smile. "That's the Championship for you!"

I am sorry for our little disagreement, but you are talking bollocks again.  We were relegated, being the outstandingly shite team in the premier league for a number of years.  Remi Garde, coming after a series of shit managers, was a complete disaster of an experiment and we never recovered.  Until... Bruce has stabilised the club.  We were a total joke until he came in.  He is way far off perfect. He is limited for sure.  But if you think he is patting himself on the back for a home draw... Nah.

If you really think that, let's see him make the changes required next game then. Starting with Jedinak nowhere near centre-half and Whelan nowhere near the first team.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2018, 10:07:23 PM »
Ffs will you lot get real. We were at the point of no return. Rescued at the last minute by a couple of blokes who we all know nothing about, and now we are scrambling to get a team together. Judge us in 3 weeks

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #501 on: August 23, 2018, 08:06:53 AM »

You were wrong, btw. Bruce is delighted with the result.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal