collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ipswich Town v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19046 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Ipswich Town v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2018, 12:15:04 AM »
Thought's from earlier. Jedinak is not a center half and there is no reason why he should be playing there when you have a promotion winning center half sitting on the bench. I'm also puzzled as to why McGinn was taken off corner duty when we saw last week he can swing a decent one in.

It's sometimes tough to play against ten men (we took them apart when it happened last season) but today we made harder work of it than we should have. It was extremely frustrating because the only thing I can recall Ipswich doing was scoring from something of our own doing and having a chance in the second half which flashed across the goal.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:19:11 AM by Clampy »

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2018, 12:16:24 AM »
I don't mind AEM but it's a waste of an attacking position when he is pushed further forward. He has defensive mind when playing that position, was much the same start of last season. He's better coming from deep and getting crosses in.

Dunno when Hogan is going to get fit or if Davis is still alive but wouldn't be against in short term playing one of them upfront and putting Kodj out wide.

I agree he's a Right back really. But if green and adomah are both playing poorly I can see why he's doing it

I would like to see if we could get hourihane in the side tho. Even if it means jack or McGinn having to start wide
So if 3 players are not performing well in the wide role why persist ? Try a diamond or wing backs with Axel in his proper role as aCB ?
Green was scoring goals from a central position in pre season.Kodjia might like his support or that of RHM
Also either of those 2 systems would  free up McGinn and Grealish who should be our strenghs.
But tactical changes at short notice are probably a step too far for Bruce to handle.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2018, 12:55:02 AM »
Bruce is fucking shit. The team is so dull.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2018, 01:01:32 AM »
It’s telling that we knew we’d not win from the moment Ipswich went down to 10. It’s an inept manager that hasn’t the gumption to beat 10 blokes who should have been blowing through their arses by minute 75, instead they were going for the winner. Pathetic.

That sums it quite well for me. Not only is he not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he is more like one of those fucking massive soup spoons.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2018, 01:32:20 AM »
''We live to fight another day''

Fuck off spud, you boring twat.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2018, 06:31:02 AM »
Slept on it and it still feels like a good hiding.  After all the pain and humiliation of Wembley and the aftermath club turmoil, the plain truth is that nothing has changed.  The same underperforming players, the same lack of tactical nous, the same sloppy attitudes.  We shall now find out if our new owners are as naive and stupid as their two predecessors.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2018, 06:54:28 AM »
Just looking at the way other teams play(Leeds, Millwall, Sheff Utd, the Baggies, and even Middlesbrough under Pulis, to name a few), from the highlights, our lot are so boring to watch in comparison.

They're all playing decent stuff, and usually winning. I don't like Bruce's mentality that this league has to be one giant scrap. You can play good football and win as Wolves and Fulham showed last year.

It'll be a fucking brilliant day when Bruce goes.

On the other hand, 7 points out of 9 isn't a bad start. It's just that the football is eye bleeding in style. Odd team selection, again, yawn inducing post match interviews and, oh the list goes on.

Online The Edge

« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2018, 08:04:48 AM »
I don't know why people are questioning Bruce's managerial capabilities. He will definitely keep us up for the third year running.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2018, 09:55:50 AM »
It’s telling that we knew we’d not win from the moment Ipswich went down to 10. It’s an inept manager that hasn’t the gumption to beat 10 blokes who should have been blowing through their arses by minute 75, instead they were going for the winner. Pathetic.

That sums it quite well for me. Not only is he not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he is more like one of those fucking massive soup spoons.

A ladle for leek and potato soup.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2018, 10:07:57 AM »
It's statistically harder for the home team to go down to ten men than the away team. We put them to the sword a few months ago and ought to have done the same again.

Although a midfielder being sent off has less impact, as it costs 0.6.points on average.

Grabban was the difference, as the ball sticks to him.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2018, 10:36:13 AM »
We will not go up under Bruce not because we don't have the players simply because this manager is frightened of losing. The expectations of a club of our size is such that it has got the better of most of the managers since M.O.N and so it seems this also applies to Bruce. People say he's a good bloke, very likeable, well maybe that's part of the problem. We have had a decent start points wise but look at who we've played.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2018, 11:03:40 AM »
It's not as though we have a raft of new players getting to know each other.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2018, 11:24:46 AM »
This is just another wasted season. It's following the same pattern as last year with a slight downgrade on players which will lead to us scrambling to make the play offs. As is, under Bruce, we have very little chance of going up.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2018, 11:26:08 AM »
This is just another wasted season. It's following the same pattern as last year with a slight downgrade on players which will lead to us scrambling to make the play offs. As is, under Bruce, we have very little chance of going up.

You can't call it a wasted season after 3 games, that's ridiculous.

Offline Mossie Hennebry

« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2018, 11:27:40 AM »
It feels like we have been wasting seasons since 1998.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal