collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Kosta Nedeljkovic - signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:54:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 07:53:45 PM]

Re: Kosta Nedeljkovic - signed by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:52:29 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by saunders_heroes
[Today at 07:52:08 PM]

Re: Kosta Nedeljkovic - signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:46:49 PM]

Re: FFP by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 07:46:34 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 07:44:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:43:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ipswich Town v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19127 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: Ipswich Town v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2018, 02:44:52 PM »

The outpouring of utter mentalness on Twitter post match yesterday was truly something to behold.

It's no wonder we're a laughing stock with other supporters. 7 points from 9 banked, into the next round of the cup and you'd honestly have thought we were rock bottom after 45 games the way some were carrying on on there.

Here's hoping Bruce calls out the panic merchants again if we fail to beat Brentford (as usual) on Weds and really lights their fuses  ;D

He'd be bang on right again of course. It was only about a month ago that were were on the brink of administration ... people really do have short memories these days.

I'm not in the "Bruce out" camp, at least not yet. You've come across as a bit of an arse in that post though, to be honest.

I don't mind that. It's still all true though. You only have to go on Twitter and see it for yourself.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2018, 02:50:13 PM »
He was awful yesterday.  Since he scored a goal he fancies himself as Peter McParland reborn.

I agree, Brian.
I think he improved  last year as a result of being forced to concentrate by being put on the left instead of coasting as he knew it all.

All in the head. I note with interest that our highly regarded sports psychologist was fucked out during the night of the long knives.

Offline myf

« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2018, 03:00:27 PM »
We've scored 7 goals in 3 games so we're doing something right. Defence doesn't sound too hot though.

Didn't we have a similar result last year against Boro where they were down to 10 men for the majority of the match and we failed to take the game to them?

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2018, 03:21:22 PM »

The outpouring of utter mentalness on Twitter post match yesterday was truly something to behold.

It's no wonder we're a laughing stock with other supporters. 7 points from 9 banked, into the next round of the cup and you'd honestly have thought we were rock bottom after 45 games the way some were carrying on on there.

Here's hoping Bruce calls out the panic merchants again if we fail to beat Brentford (as usual) on Weds and really lights their fuses  ;D

He'd be bang on right again of course. It was only about a month ago that were were on the brink of administration ... people really do have short memories these days.

I'm not in the "Bruce out" camp, at least not yet. You've come across as a bit of an arse in that post though, to be honest.

I don't mind that. It's still all true though. You only have to go on Twitter and see it for yourself.

Twitter may not be the oracle ,  We are winning but it isn't pretty and people are allowed to moan .  I don't want Bruce to leave necessarily but the football needs to improve

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2018, 03:26:22 PM »
Disgusted with the result considering they were down to 10 with half an hour left to play. Ipswich with 11 were there for the beating so it’s a poor result. However, get 3 points Wednesday and it won’t seem so bad.

Offline Grocer

« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2018, 03:36:54 PM »

My thoughts exactly. Well said. Not saying everything's perfect but we're not doing too bad.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2018, 03:53:37 PM »
Disappointed with the result especially when they went down to ten men I thought we should have gone on and claimed the three points but we move on to Wednesday now and hopefully beat Brentford.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2018, 06:47:28 PM »
The mistake Bruce made yesterday for me was not changing it at half time and possibly catching them off guard. I'd have taken off Elmo (who really shouldn't be a first choice winger now anyway) and put Adomah on the right, shifted Kodjia out wide of the three where he looks more of a threat and played RHM through the middle.

Bruce has never done a sub at half time

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2018, 06:55:52 PM »
The mistake Bruce made yesterday for me was not changing it at half time and possibly catching them off guard. I'd have taken off Elmo (who really shouldn't be a first choice winger now anyway) and put Adomah on the right, shifted Kodjia out wide of the three where he looks more of a threat and played RHM through the middle.

Bruce has never done a sub at half time

probably ate one though

Offline Damo70

« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2018, 06:06:04 PM »
Apparently Saturday was only the third time we haven't won a league game after scoring first since the start of last season. Since only drawing with Sheffield United after going ahead in December of last year we have won 23 and drawn 2 out of the the 25 games in which we have scored first.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2018, 05:08:29 PM »
Didn't we have a similar result last year against Boro where they were down to 10 men for the majority of the match and we failed to take the game to them?
Yes another tick in the clueless box when odds are overwhelmingly on his side.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2018, 05:11:46 PM »

He'd be bang on right again of course. It was only about a month ago that were were on the brink of administration ...
Yes a situation he was mostly responsible for.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2018, 05:25:34 PM »
Their fans came across as quite stupid though, didn't they?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal