collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tottingham Hotspurs  (Read 7287 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Tottingham Hotspurs
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2019, 12:19:11 AM »
It's called Bottoms Up and has been around for a fair few years, one thing I don't like about it is that it tends to encourage the bartender to pick up the glass by the rim.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2019, 12:39:06 AM »
It's called Bottoms Up and has been around for a fair few years, one thing I don't like about it is that it tends to encourage the bartender to pick up the glass by the rim.

Barman. This is not America.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2019, 12:54:45 AM »
Sexist, it may be a woman. Tender it is, Merica, fuck yeah!

Offline KRS

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2019, 01:11:43 AM »
The first time I saw the magical beer delivery system was at the Green Man for the playoff final. The only danger is ppl trying to work out how it works...then a pint of beer gushes to the floor when they move the magnetic widget at the bottom.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2019, 12:51:18 PM »
You know what I've never seen that before until a couple of days ago, blew my mind and had to google to find out how that kinda voodoo works. Supposed to be quicker...like that 7 second wait from a tap is taking the piss.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2019, 01:11:52 PM »
The lager looked shit.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2020
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2019, 12:17:40 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47687411

When the Seattle Seahawks were preparing to open their new stadium in 2002, I was at their test event.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2019, 12:42:01 PM »
The first time I saw the magical beer delivery system was at the Green Man for the playoff final. The only danger is ppl trying to work out how it works...then a pint of beer gushes to the floor when they move the magnetic widget at the bottom.

Is the Green Man the one with a big garden that backs onto the river? I have ended up there a few times on route to Wembley with Villa and also before Wembley music gigs.

Apparently Spurs' new stadium is the most fantastic new football stadium since the last fantastic new football stadium.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:43:41 PM by Damo70 »

Online UK Redsox

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2019, 01:33:41 PM »

Is the Green Man the one with a big garden that backs onto the river? I have ended up there a few times on route to Wembley with Villa and also before Wembley music gigs.

Apparently Spurs' new stadium is the most fantastic new football stadium since the last fantastic new football stadium.

It better not be, on the basis that it's halfway up a hill

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2019, 02:15:01 PM »

It better not be, on the basis that it's halfway up a hill

If it was at or near Wembley, it was probably a river of piss from the overflowing toilets.

Offline KRS

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2019, 02:54:34 PM »
Up the hill and a flowing river of piss is definitely a more accurate description of the Green Man!

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2020
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2019, 05:05:37 PM »
The lager looked shit.

All lager is shit!

Offline Hopadop

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2019, 06:56:52 PM »
I went to the new ground for their last game of the season against Everton.

Few random thoughts as we'll be there again soon and I don't suppose many have been yet. It's quite impressive but not much more so than say the Emirates. I was on a corner at the edge of the big steep single tier which is the main difference between the two grounds.

Very busy obviously but very little queuing and didn't feel cramped or crowded. Pitch seemed very close. Fantastic acoustics, no doubt helped by the fact it was their last game and they had a big final to come. Only heard the Evertonians in the opposite corner when Man City or whoever Liverpool were playing scored.

The whole of that single tier stood throughout the entire game. I was told that's what they're going to do, and there was absolutely no attempt to get anyone to sit. I wonder if it's getting a bit more relaxed? It looked like rail seats so ready for 'safe standing' as and when.

Those bottom up beer machines make a spectacular mess when they go wrong.

It's no Villa Park. I wouldn't swap, really.