collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paying Off the binned players  (Read 6603 times)

Offline jwarry

Re: Paying Off the binned players
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »
Ok fair enough I meant no offence to others but it is how strongly I feel about these pair of robbers. Can I use robbers?

Offline VWBelgian

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 06:25:00 PM »
Should have talked to mc and set him up to play, there is a player somewhere in the guy...

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2018, 06:33:31 PM »
Why can't he pick them for the league cup, can you have an overaged player in the under 23s? Make their lives difficult, pick them but don't play them. Make them travel to every game, make them come to Villa Park for every game. Make it uncomfortable...

Yep, plus loads of fitness training. They are far too comfy and don’t seem to feel any pressure to do what they are being so richly paid for.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 06:41:36 PM »
If it was this easy would have happened by now

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 07:04:12 PM »
The McCormack situation is an odd one as far as I am concerned.  A proven goalscorer at this level with an attitude problem and an intransigent manager.  I don't know the politics behind their falling out apart from the gate episode.  Has there been any proper dialogue between the two of them does anyone know? 

If I was manager I would be moving hell and high water to do whatever I could to get his head right and re-integrate him into the system.  He could be a valuable asset.  It makes no difference if they hate the sight of each other as long as they're working together for the greater good which is Aston Villa. 

Look at the relationship between Tony Morley and Ron Saunders, didn't stop Sir Ron from picking him and taking him to other clubs' he managed, admitted Morley didn't have an attitude problem as such.   I spent most of my working life hating over half the bastards I worked with but always got on with it and I've worked for some proper arseholes.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 09:17:28 PM »
I have a bad feeling that McCormack is destined to score a crucial goal if ever we play against him.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 09:22:17 PM »
The McCormack situation is an odd one as far as I am concerned.  A proven goalscorer at this level with an attitude problem and an intransigent manager.  I don't know the politics behind their falling out apart from the gate episode.  Has there been any proper dialogue between the two of them does anyone know? 

If I was manager I would be moving hell and high water to do whatever I could to get his head right and re-integrate him into the system.  He could be a valuable asset.  It makes no difference if they hate the sight of each other as long as they're working together for the greater good which is Aston Villa. 

Look at the relationship between Tony Morley and Ron Saunders, didn't stop Sir Ron from picking him and taking him to other clubs' he managed, admitted Morley didn't have an attitude problem as such.   I spent most of my working life hating over half the bastards I worked with but always got on with it and I've worked for some proper arseholes.

Always remember Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole hated each other too and never spoke off the pitch. They did alright.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 09:23:16 PM »
If SB says get rid, then after 2 years, fair enough.

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 09:41:31 PM »
I'm all for this.

Pay them off, minus one weeks salary.

AVFC continue to hold the registration of the player, so that the player cannot sign for another club.

Sets a precedent though.

Player X signs for Villa for three years on £30,000 per week = lots.

Then thinks that he'll Bank the £4.5 million due to injury/addiction to whatever and/or questionable attitude.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2018, 10:33:12 PM »

Bruce seems like a very reasonable guy to me and not a spiteful manager. If he sees fit to freeze somebody out I suspect that person deserves it.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2018, 01:44:07 AM »
Ok fair enough I meant no offence to others but it is how strongly I feel about these pair of robbers. Can I use robbers?

Yes, you may call them thieves if you must, but not gypsies or tramps. Cher would be turning in her grave if she had the decency to get buried. I blame Sunny Bono.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2018, 03:36:11 AM »
You could try and grow up.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2018, 06:08:22 AM »
The benefit to the club would be huge, as there attitude is what must be most galling for the Manager and his coaching team, we spent last season building up a attitude through the club that went along way, but had some very very strong characters here, that would not let the two toss pots ruin that, I fear that is not the case this year.
If they can not be paid off, put them on gardening leave until the end of their contract, Fat Mac wont want to hang around here or back home in Scotland as he has crossed to many of the wrong sort of peoples path, to often.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2018, 08:23:28 AM »
Richards is a waste of space, oxygen and time.  McCormack might be reconciled by a different manager.  We should hang on to him and see how Bruce gets on this season.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 08:38:40 AM »
You could try and grow up.

Baiting is equally childish

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal