collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 653969 times)

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #1110 on: June 30, 2019, 11:03:06 AM »
IF there is any substance to this, it's the sheer arrogance that pisses me off.  It may be well-founded arrogance given the history of Manure's transfer policy,  See Dwight Yorke.  It really annoys me that they feel they can just come and cherry-pick the better players of clubs they perceive to be lesser than themselves.  Sadly, it was ever so.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #1111 on: June 30, 2019, 11:06:16 AM »
IF there is any substance to this, it's the sheer arrogance that pisses me off.  It may be well-founded arrogance given the history of Manure's transfer policy,  See Dwight Yorke.  It really annoys me that they feel they can just come and cherry-pick the better players of clubs they perceive to be lesser than themselves.  Sadly, it was ever so.
Surely we put down a marker last year when we said Jack was not for sale, why would it be any different now with SJM?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1112 on: June 30, 2019, 11:11:15 AM »
How many players have we been linked with so far? How many have we signed? The Sun, of all things, runs one word about a player leaving and suddenly it's taken seriously.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1113 on: June 30, 2019, 11:11:28 AM »
What like us with a Leeds and Bristol you mean? 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1114 on: June 30, 2019, 11:30:52 AM »

Isn't that the way football works e.g. we seem to be cherry picking better players from championship clubs going by the links.

Anyway he needs to stay here so I'd just dismiss it as paper talk. One of our crown jewels like Jack that isn't simply for sale at any price imo.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #1115 on: June 30, 2019, 11:34:10 AM »
Given the way our owners handled the Grealish situation and given McGinn’s attitude, I’m not worried at all. It would take an utterly ludicrous offer for us to even consider selling.

Offline Iamkmkm

« Reply #1116 on: June 30, 2019, 11:35:31 AM »
I would rather still be in the championship then sell McGinn, that's how much i like him.

Offline danno

« Reply #1117 on: June 30, 2019, 11:37:50 AM »
£50 million? Does that mean after a year in the premier league we'd be wanting something like £80 million?

Probably smarter to hold onto him in that case.

Makes me wonder what someone like Ward Prowse must cost.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1118 on: June 30, 2019, 11:38:23 AM »
I would rather still be in the championship then sell McGinn, that's how much i like him.

McGinn wouldn't be here if we were still in yhe Championship

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1119 on: June 30, 2019, 11:42:26 AM »
The report is that we would (or have) slapped a £50m price tag on McGinn and Man Utd 'could' open with £20m in which case they can go fuck themselves.
I think like most 'stories' you read around this time it's a load of bollocks anyway.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #1120 on: June 30, 2019, 11:45:48 AM »
Man U after a midfielder from Newcastle as well, apparently - Longstaff.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #1121 on: June 30, 2019, 11:48:11 AM »
Yes.

What percentage? And is it up to a maximum amount?

I don’t think I’ve seen one more than 20% of profit. So less than £10 million. It would be great business by everyone, and set up by Steve Bruce in fairness to him. I’d be tempted in all honesty, get that Leeds fella or the equivalent and move on. I’d rather not, but this is where we’re at right now. Bigger clubs can still click their fingers.

So you'd sell one of our best players just because a big team supposedly put in a bid so we can 'move on'?

I’d rather we didn’t sell him, but I’d hope we’d ‘move on’ if we did.

Or we could sit and mope about it, is that what you expect us to do? I’d hope we’d signed his replacement and have this eventuality pre planned.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1122 on: June 30, 2019, 11:52:26 AM »
What I expect us to do is NOT sell one of our best players.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1123 on: June 30, 2019, 11:57:21 AM »
Probably a few grains of truth in the story.  Every player in the world has a sell price tag on them.  50 million seems about right for McGinn.  Of course I want to keep him though.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #1124 on: June 30, 2019, 12:23:19 PM »
We're not owned by Doug Ellis or a fatigued Randy Lerner any more.  If the present day Villa hierarchy don't want to sell a player, they won't sell a player.   If there is even a grain of truth to this story man utd will quickly get the same message as spurs did about Grealish last year. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal