collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 654061 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #840 on: April 14, 2019, 10:18:44 AM »
only if someone bids more than the release clause!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #841 on: April 14, 2019, 10:24:28 AM »
Rest him next Friday.
Yesterday's booking was really stupid! Totally unnecessary, particularly with a ref that didn't mind flashing the yellows.

Unnecessary but not his fault. As far as I could see, AEH played his way into trouble, McGinn had a choice of taking a booking or letting a 4 vs 2 attack start.

I'd rest him on Friday as well
No. If we left him at home he will run after the coach all the way to Bolton and end up knackering himself for Monday.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #842 on: April 14, 2019, 10:27:04 AM »
Rest him next Friday.
Yesterday's booking was really stupid! Totally unnecessary, particularly with a ref that didn't mind flashing the yellows.

Unnecessary but not his fault. As far as I could see, AEH played his way into trouble, McGinn had a choice of taking a booking or letting a 4 vs 2 attack start.

Fitness/niggles etc permitting I'd probably go the other way and have SJM play the next two games to try to get the points on the board and then rest him. I know the games missed with that theory would be harder games on paper but depending on other results we should have a pretty good idea where we are after this coming weekend. If other results go our way and we can get 2 wins we will be there or there abouts ;-). 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 10:44:39 AM by Diablo »

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #843 on: April 14, 2019, 10:35:25 AM »
I’d do the same, play him now but as soon as he gets to 14 bookings take him out and rest him. We simply cannot be without him for the play offs.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #844 on: April 14, 2019, 10:37:19 AM »
If he did get booked would it be worth getting a second yellow in the same game and taking the one match ban for the red card?

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #845 on: April 14, 2019, 10:49:32 AM »
I've a feeling it'd be worse, they'd be consecutive and accumulative, not concurrent. He'd miss 4.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #846 on: April 14, 2019, 10:56:43 AM »
Cropley, Bremner and Milner mix

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #847 on: April 14, 2019, 10:58:01 AM »
Is there any footage of where they took a short corner near the end, which he then turned into a dribble towards goal and a shot that the keeper turned over?  This doesn't seem to be included in the Sky highlights.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #848 on: April 14, 2019, 10:58:51 AM »
Exclusive footage of SJM heading back to Glasgow after a day's training at BH

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #849 on: April 14, 2019, 11:00:18 AM »
Run John Run.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #850 on: April 14, 2019, 11:05:52 AM »
Perhaps we should buy him a house in Nelson St. (and no running ten times round Aston Park to get there).

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #851 on: April 14, 2019, 11:48:18 AM »
Even though I believe it to be case before being presented with this I can see why it's confusing .
And even though English isn't my first language I'm  understanding R&Rs are stating cut off dates and when they are .

Therefor cut off dates for 15 yellow cards end of season ** do not apply to play offs . So I read this simply as saying end of season is the cut off point for disciplinary sanctions but the asterisk implies that= clubs which are involved in play off matches bookings incurred will count.

So I read it as the **does not apply to mean the cut off does not apply to play off matches so they are all included .
Which means no clean slate for clubs players till the play offs are over for them

It's poorly worded but the following part of the FA link states that cumulative bookings do not apply in play off games:

Number of cautions    Cut-off date [inclusive]
 Five [Premier League]    Following 19 league fixtures
 Five [EFL]    Following 19 league fixtures
 Five [National League]    Following 23 league fixtures
 10 [Premier League    Following 32 league fixtures
 10 [EFL]    Following 37 league fixtures
 10 [National League]    Following 37 league fixtures
15 [All leagues]    *End of the season**
The remaining competitions will carry suspensions in those competitions only when a player has received two yellow cards in that competition.
N.B. Discipline in the EFL Trophy is competition specific and remains unchanged from last season.
* The FA Women’s Super League does not have cut-off dates. Automatic suspensions for players accumulating 5, 10, 15 cautions etc. will take effect at any stage during the season.
** This does not apply to play-off matches.

As I said previous I don't want to harp on the whole point was to make aware the threat is real. We'll just see shall we ? I mean I like to think I knowledge on what goes on and share it accurately where I can but I thought only decent to reply with my thoughts on the official document which was kindly posted.
So no more from me till necessary on when the threshold is for disciplinary matter and will meet if it comes to it.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #852 on: April 14, 2019, 11:58:16 AM »
I thought you'd gone

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #853 on: April 14, 2019, 12:11:22 PM »
I hoped he'd gone.  He seems to be labouring under the misapprehension that he's the only person on the site who has realised that McGinn is in danger of another ban.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #854 on: April 14, 2019, 12:16:28 PM »
Rest him next Friday.

This is the other issue I'm trying to highlight and debate outside of all the great stuff because it's not being mentioned and that is mcginn and discipline in general.

Divine retribution

After Grealish who has been fouled 133 times Mcginn 103 fouled is the 2nd most fouled player in the league (10 more than next Harry Wilson)

So though the refs are sub standard in this league and that those are the only legitimate fouls our Mcginn has had officially been fouled 2.8 times a match. I think every game players have hacked away at him.
I really think could be a case the less protection he's had plus him being in combative midfield has led him to pick up all these yellow cards

On his bookings he has been booked for fouls on all occasion bar one where it was adjudicated to have been unsporting behaviour.

Now getting more an understanding and it's frustrating that he's getting booked perhaps when opposition players have had made more fouls against  him!
I think it's some of these refs way of levelling it out as Mcginn far too good a midfielder and he's joint 3rd with Barry bannan and Sam morsey(Wigan fouler! Fouls way more than he gets fouled against) on yellow cards .
Jack Colback and Ben Pearson are top on 14 yellows who are both fouling footballers and have worse disciplinary that Mcginn (not mention abilitiy)
As a central midfielder plays are going to be in combat but Mcginn unlike these other card collectors above him has been fouled over 100 times this season but only fouled opposition 57 times .
Jack Colback most yellows has been fouled 81 times and given 75 fouls away this could go some way to explaining how he gives a bit back but when Mcginn does half the fouls against him 57 to fouled 103 he's been carded nearly as much .

I think this is why SJM gets booked because He is being fouled too much every match illegal and not having the free kick.
The refs don't protect him enough in that midfield.
He's blatantly far too class a player so opposition have to foul to stop him
He's a little awks on his technics at tackling
He combative and feels he should be allowed to get stuck in but is not equally treated yet gets booked!!

Those are my facts, points and thoughts .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal