collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 654021 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #600 on: March 04, 2019, 08:59:42 PM »
I don't know why anybody is surprised, angry or frustrated to see stories coming out about interest in Mcginn

he's a good player, one our best,  young lots of potential and currently playing in the championship

I would be more surprised if there wasn't any transfer links

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #601 on: March 04, 2019, 09:15:34 PM »
I think it's more our local paper touting him for us with no credible link other than Rodgers was previously interested.  We can do without 'our' paper trying to unsettle our players for a few clicks.  ******.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #602 on: March 04, 2019, 09:21:35 PM »
Also, whilst it's perfectly plausible for Rodgers to be interested, the last time he was interested was in the the SPL (I know it's not called that now but I hate the P word) and McGinn was going for £2m. He may well have bigger crisps to fry nowadays.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #603 on: March 04, 2019, 09:40:06 PM »
He can feck off.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #604 on: March 04, 2019, 09:56:32 PM »
Well would you look at that? The Mail doing a story based on fuck all about one of our best players leaving in the week of the Derby.

An absolute gash paper, the Wolverhampton Express and Star is light years ahead of the Mail when it comes to Villa reporting.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #605 on: March 05, 2019, 12:48:52 PM »
I can't stand the Mail either but this story first appeared in the Daily Record on Sunday:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/brendan-rodgers-wants-dedryck-boyata-14078043

Very possible Rodgers would have given a nugget of info to one of their reporters about likely transfer targets.

I love McGinn but if it's a choice of between selling him or Jack to pay the bills him all day long.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #606 on: March 05, 2019, 01:27:32 PM »
I can't stand the Mail either but this story first appeared in the Daily Record on Sunday:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/brendan-rodgers-wants-dedryck-boyata-14078043

Very possible Rodgers would have given a nugget of info to one of their reporters about likely transfer targets.

I love McGinn but if it's a choice of between selling him or Jack to pay the bills him all day long.

Why is it 'very possible'?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #607 on: March 05, 2019, 01:29:15 PM »
The bar for his price should be set at “not for sale”. Just as it was with Jack last summer when it appeared all was lost and we were going to sell every player, the club name and the ground.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #608 on: March 05, 2019, 03:33:20 PM »

Neil Moxley. That name rings a bell. 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #609 on: March 05, 2019, 09:04:18 PM »

Managers speak to journalists all the time about transfer targets so don't see why he wouldn't tip one off who he got on well with in Glasgow so the player notices and sees said manager still rates him....

All part of the act.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2019, 01:49:07 AM »

Managers speak to journalists all the time about transfer targets so don't see why he wouldn't tip one off who he got on well with in Glasgow so the player notices and sees said manager still rates him....

All part of the act.

Neil is from Brum, and lives in Warwickshire.

https://muckrack.com/neil-moxley

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #611 on: March 06, 2019, 07:09:52 AM »

All part of the act.

But he doesn't need to tip a journalist off. It's common knowledge to everyone and the player Celtic wanted him so it's just as likely the  journalist has put two and two together. Besides, Mcginn would find out of interest through his agent rather than the press.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #612 on: March 06, 2019, 08:03:23 AM »

Neil Moxley. That name rings a bell. 

Moxley is chief sports writer at the Sunday People, but covers us mostly. Story must be syndicated to the Scottish paper so not likely attributable to Rogers while he was there.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #613 on: March 06, 2019, 11:51:43 AM »
Moxley is a Nose.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #614 on: March 06, 2019, 12:06:02 PM »
Moxley is a Nose.

Who has been writing about the Villa for over twenty years and has a bit more professionalism about him than to let the team he supports get in the way of the job he does.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal