collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 11:00:13 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:34 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 654077 times)

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2018, 04:26:23 AM »
Reading the new Irving Welsh book and John McGinnis gets a few mentions.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2018, 08:22:54 AM »

It's McGinn JD, autocorrect gone mad again?  I can see we're going to have a Clark/Clarke with this one.

Thanks for the post Hibby and the best of luck to you and your club for the future.  I like Hibs, Rebus supports them.

Des Bremner is one of life's true gentlemen, treated me with absolute respect when I met him.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2018, 08:24:40 AM »
Wearing number 7!

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2018, 09:08:20 AM »

He does look very Scottish. And under nourished

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2018, 09:34:42 AM »
Thanks Hibby Villa. I was delighted when you won your first FA Cup since 1902, gave me hope for Villa.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2018, 09:49:09 AM »
Hi guys. First time poster. One of the many Hibs supporters who have adopted Villa as my English team. Used to look out for Villa when I had family who lived in Warwick and rejoiced in your league and European Cup wins.
I lost interest in English football when Sky ruined it with too much money and have only taken an interest in my beloved Hibs over the past few years.

Anyway I just wanted to add to the thread that you have got a fantastic player in John McGinn. He is a box to box midfielder who has managed to add goals to his game over the last season. He scored the goal which sent us through in the last round of the Europa League.

Wins tackles, holds onto the ball when he has no right and will add a real energy to your midfield. You are very lucky to have got him for the money quoted.

He has started to establish himself in the Scotland team and is generally seen as the natural successor to Scotty Brown for Scotland. He has been named as man of the match for 2 of his 9 caps.

I really look forward to seeing him develop with you. Apart from that he is a lovely guy, very level headed and a credit to his family. He will work his balls off to be a success.

On a separate note I remember both soldier ((Alex Cropley) and Des Bremner playing for both Hibs and Villa. I think as much of them as you guys do. Alex lives near me and has had a few health problems which have stopped him driving his taxi. He is in pretty good shape though and is another lovely guy.

Be looking out for your result tomorrow. Think your game on Tuesday is on Sky so hope to see SJM playing. Great idea to keep his song though you can’t get Sunshine on Villa. It just won’t work!

The Hibs fans all over Twitter have been great.  Here's hoping McGinn lives up to his promise down here, and if he put in even half the effort he did for you, the Villa fans will love him.  Good luck for the season mate, I'll be keeping half an eye on your results.  If you're going to watch our highlights to see how he gets on though, be prepared for the fact that it'll look like he's playing for Hearts.  Sorry about that.

Offline Hibby Villa

« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. Did notice the shirt had moved on from the classic style but it is not quite bloody turd coloured like the Hearts one.

Scottish football isn’t as bad as it is made out to be by the English press. Though like English football there are some poor games  Sure he can make the step up to the championship.

Looking forward to seeing how SJM performs today. Remember to give him time but you will see enough to know that you have a player.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2018, 10:36:34 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. Did notice the shirt had moved on from the classic style but it is not quite bloody turd coloured like the Hearts one.

Scottish football isn’t as bad as it is made out to be by the English press. Though like English football there are some poor games  Sure he can make the step up to the championship.

Looking forward to seeing how SJM performs today. Remember to give him time but you will see enough to know that you have a player.

Without wanting to get too matey, your cup final win over the zombies was my favourite non-villa football thing in yonks, despite it costing me about £300 in data charges on my phone in Zagreb.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
Snoddy's sent McGinn a nice tweet apparently, saying he's joined a top club.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2018, 11:14:56 AM »
Dave it was auto correct. I typed it in twice and it changed It, but I thought I had outsmarted it. How wrong was I.

Offline dave shelley

« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2018, 11:23:05 AM »
 :) :-[

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2018, 11:30:56 AM »
Also on the Hibs link, I have fond memories of Willie Hamilton - an attacking midfielder we signed from them in 65. Only stayed a couple of years and sadly died young.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2018, 11:34:21 AM »
All the best Hibby Villa, thanks for posting.

Offline dave shelley

« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »
Also on the Hibs link, I have fond memories of Willie Hamilton - an attacking midfielder we signed from them in 65. Only stayed a couple of years and sadly died young.

A real blast from the past Woofles.  Liked a drink I believe.  I'm not too sure about my recollection of this but I know we were on one of the very first MOTD's about 1964 when it was broadcast on the newly formed BBC 2, Willie scored what today we call a worldy, the opposition I can't remember, 'Boro comes to mind.  It was a real beauty.

Me and the old man couldn't wait for MOD that night, it was on early IIRC, the problem was BBC 2 reception was bit hit and miss in our maisonette and we couldn't tune it in that evening so have never seen it since.  It would be interesting to find out if the BBC have it archived.

RIP Willie.

Offline malckennedy

« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2018, 11:59:58 AM »
Always liked Hibs best in Scotland as it was too easy to go for Celtic. I’d love it if we adopted/nicked/shared Sunshine On Leith as an anthem (Liverpool and Celtic both do You’ll Never Walk Alone). It’s a great moving song and the words are very appropriate (in the main).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal