collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 654071 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #1485 on: October 15, 2019, 11:45:26 AM »
There are a lot of players that would improve Man Utd’s midfield at the moment. It was actually quite funny watching SSN select the best XI from the Man Utd and Liverpool squads yesterday with not a single Man Utd player being picked.

Oh yeah...and Alan Brazil can fuck right off.

You mean that ex-Leeds and ex-Man City player and all round cock Danny Mills picked?

Offline KRS

« Reply #1486 on: October 15, 2019, 12:13:39 PM »
Yep that all round cock. Surely a guest SSN pundit wouldn’t allow past allegiances to influence or bias his opinions and team selections? Still funny though!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1487 on: October 15, 2019, 01:06:57 PM »
In fairness to Mills, who is a knob, I doubt many of us would have many, and quite possibly it would also be zero. The only good thing about Liverpool being so good is how shite it must be for manure fans. They've spent a fortune to be mid table dross while the 2 sides they hate the most are winning everything. Which is rather Nakamba.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1488 on: October 15, 2019, 01:22:48 PM »
Now Alan Brazil saying SJM would be a perfect fit for Man Utd. Also, he was gutted that Celtic didn't sign him last year.

I don't give a fuck what Brazil says.

Now we're starting to build a squad that's being talked about. Mings, McGinn and Grealish all rumoured to be coveted by other sides, Nakamba and Engels doing brilliantly too. I suspect Wesley will bang in a few more and be linked with a move too come the summer.

The great thing is, we don't need to sell.

Agree with all that and I suspect Guilbert will be linked as well because I'd rank him as our 2nd best player this year so far (after McGinn) and he is exactly what teams want in a modern fullback.

4 of those are truly inspired signings, McGinn, Guilbert, Nakamba and Engles for less than £20m is some of the best spending the club as ever done, they're over £100m in market value right now.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #1489 on: October 15, 2019, 02:05:32 PM »
Now Alan Brazil saying SJM would be a perfect fit for Man Utd. Also, he was gutted that Celtic didn't sign him last year.

Now we're starting to build a squad that's being talked about. Mings, McGinn and Grealish all rumoured to be coveted by other sides, Nakamba and Engels doing brilliantly too. I suspect Wesley will bang in a few more and be linked with a move too come the summer.

Agree with all that and I suspect Guilbert will be linked as well because I'd rank him as our 2nd best player this year so far (after McGinn) and he is exactly what teams want in a modern fullback.

4 of those are truly inspired signings, McGinn, Guilbert, Nakamba and Engles for less than £20m is some of the best spending the club as ever done, they're over £100m in market value right now.

Early days still, but the benchmark would be SGT bringing in McGrath, Platt and Yorke for peanuts.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1490 on: October 15, 2019, 02:08:26 PM »
Early days still, but the benchmark would be SGT bringing in McGrath, Platt and Yorke for peanuts.

What a spine!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1491 on: October 15, 2019, 02:09:12 PM »
In fairness to Mills, who is a knob, I doubt many of us would have many, and quite possibly it would also be zero. The only good thing about Liverpool being so good is how shite it must be for manure fans. They've spent a fortune to be mid table dross while the 2 sides they hate the most are winning everything. Which is rather Nakamba.

I hope we never see Blues and West Brom cleaning up whilst we scuttle around doing fuck all. Can you imagine how unsavoury that would be?

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #1492 on: October 15, 2019, 02:32:00 PM »

What a spine!
£660000 for all three. When Yorke joined the record transfer involving a British club was £4.25M when Chris Waddle moved to Marseille from Spurs. SGT could spot a bargain.

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #1493 on: October 15, 2019, 06:20:43 PM »
I was talking to a colleague at work about John McGinn and he said his flat mate (a Hibs fan) described McGinn as perpetually running like he’s just jumped out of a landing helicopter. I thought that was pretty accurate.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #1494 on: October 15, 2019, 08:50:08 PM »
Man United can fuck off and so can the trolling Evening Mail.
Well said on both counts. BM is supposed to be a local paper supporting local clubs so why are they instigating this story? Probably got MU supporting journos in their ranks. Fuck the BM and fuck MU.

Surely newspapers should be reporting rather than supporting, unless it's a paid-for advertising feature

It's not the lack of support I object to, it's more the general going out of their way to annoy Villa fans with non-stories and blatant trolling. Example would be when they interviewed an ex-Liverpool player who had never played for any of our local clubs. It may have been Whelan, I forget. The gist of the article was: why Villa should sell their best player to Liverpool.

Can you imagine the Liverpool Echo running an interview with Dennis Wise trying to undermine Liverpool and saying that Gerrard should sign for Chelsea?

The Meaning Evil are on a par with Radio WM.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #1495 on: October 15, 2019, 09:43:55 PM »

Was that £100m each? If they are prepared to pay £100m for Pogba and £80m for McGuire. As is said we don’t need to sell.Let’s hope the ambition of the owners,manager and players are the same and that we can finally stop being the selling club we’ve been since Gerry Hitchens and at last build a team around the best players 🙏

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1496 on: October 15, 2019, 10:23:01 PM »
Trevor Ford and Danny Blanchflower both left before Hitchens so it's even longer than that!

Offline brentastonb6

« Reply #1497 on: October 15, 2019, 10:38:53 PM »
Trevor Ford and Danny Blanchflower both left before Hitchens so it's even longer than that!
True I forgot about Blanchflower to Spurs ? Where and when did Trevor Ford go ?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1498 on: October 15, 2019, 10:49:08 PM »
Ford went to Sunderland for what I think at the time was a British record fee.

Offline brentastonb6

« Reply #1499 on: October 15, 2019, 10:56:08 PM »
Ford went to Sunderland for what I think at the time was a British record fee.
Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal