collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Wigan Pre-Match Thread  (Read 18480 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa vs Wigan Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2018, 12:21:18 AM »
I’d go:

A Goalkeeper
Elmo Axel Chester Hutton
McGinn Bjarnason Hourihane
Green Grealish
Kodjia

That looks good to me.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2018, 12:31:08 AM »
This feels very strange but I'm actually, don't tell anyone, looking forward to this, now.

Same here.  Might actually nip up for this one.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2018, 08:23:34 AM »

You realise we've just bought the Scottish Matthäus?  Not even a place on the bench for him?!

I was trying to think like Bruce

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2018, 09:18:15 AM »

I'm hoping for a better defensive performance than the shaky effort we witnessed on Monday night, so hopefully SB will recognise Elphick's misgivings & ring the changes! If Jack turns on the style (and why shouldn't he?) & McGuinn hits the ground running, I can see us giving Wigan a bit of a going-over: especially if Kodjia finally manages to get his arse in gear. Admittedly that's a lot of ifs & buts, but I'm feeling confident that we'll have too much for The Latics.

So I'll go 3-1 to the Villa again; and a growing feeling of optimism in & around VP.

COYL

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2018, 09:24:27 AM »
Whenever I feel confident about a result, we stroll around looking half-asleep and end up losing 1-0 to a team of utter cloggers.

So I'm predicting a crushing defeat for us. Logic, init. Completely foolproof.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2018, 09:29:22 AM »
Me too Auntie.  Set out for the holy ground tomorrow with a much lighter step than I left Wembley.

That comment by our new owner to Tottenham that we were not interested in their money was the biggest boost for morale that I have known for many years.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2018, 09:40:50 AM »
I'd go for a 4-2-3-1: Norseman; Elmo, Chester, Axel, Hutton; McGinn, Hourihane; Green, Jack, Albert; Kodj.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2018, 09:54:35 AM »
With all the positivity of keeping James and Jack, and looking at where we were a month ago, I'm really hoping for a good win tomorrow. I'm also looking forward to seeing McGinn play too.

Saying that, with all the good feeling, it would just be so "Villa" to go and lose 0-3?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2018, 10:02:02 AM »
I'd go for a 4-2-3-1: Norseman; Elmo, Chester, Axel, Hutton; McGinn, Hourihane; Green, Jack, Albert; Kodj.

I'd go with that but with Mad Tom instead of Axel.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2018, 10:14:47 AM »
2-0 home win.  Connor and Chester to get the goals.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2018, 10:57:44 AM »
Me too Auntie.  Set out for the holy ground tomorrow with a much lighter step than I left Wembley.

That comment by our new owner to Tottenham that we were not interested in their money was the biggest boost for morale that I have known for many years.

'Tis good to hear you'll be heading to VP with a bit of optimism the morrow, Brian. Let's hope it's not a case of same shite, different names then! ;)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2018, 10:57:55 AM »

Sir, any chance of a word with that son of yours to get him to return to the H&V-fold? An Eamonn (and a Villa forum) needs a Damon.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2018, 11:19:09 AM »

I'd go with that but with Mad Tom instead of Axel.

Yeah that's a toss-up in my head, would understand the decision either way. Same with Jedi coming in for Hourihane now Bruce says he's recovered from his illness.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2018, 11:52:22 AM »
I’d go:

A Goalkeeper
Elmo Axel Chester Hutton
McGinn Bjarnason Hourihane
Green Grealish
Kodjia

yep..decent

I'd push Green right up front and then get him and Kodjia to drift wide. We know neither of them are particularly good at holding the ball up or winning it in the air so put them against the fullbacks instead and then have them cut in. If it means the centre backs separate a little then even better for Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane coming from deep.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »
With all the positivity of keeping James and Jack, and looking at where we were a month ago, I'm really hoping for a good win tomorrow. I'm also looking forward to seeing McGinn play too.

Saying that, with all the good feeling, it would just be so "Villa" to go and lose 0-3?

My concerns as well, how times have we had a large majority going for a win and Villa then go and let us down.

Hope not, but wouldn't be surprised that Bruce may go again with Adomah instead of Green. Also if things aren't going well, he's gotta give the Rushian at least 30 mins, he does tend to leave it late before making changes. RHM looked good on Monday in the short time he was on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal