collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Re: Aaron Tshibola - On loan to MK Dons by Risso
[Today at 12:06:09 PM]

Re: Xia gone? by Drummond
[Today at 12:05:48 PM]

Re: Xia gone? by Clampy
[Today at 12:04:13 PM]

Re: Aaron Tshibola - On loan to MK Dons by sirlordbaltimore
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Re: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread 2018 by cdbullyweefan
[Today at 11:56:20 AM]

Re: Xia gone? by avfcpg
[Today at 11:56:05 AM]

Re: Three cars broken into on Sat on Albert Road by cdbullyweefan
[Today at 11:53:53 AM]

Re: Aaron Tshibola - On loan to MK Dons by RussellC
[Today at 11:47:05 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Orjan Nyland - signed  (Read 20346 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Orjan Nyland - signed
« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2018, 12:50:00 AM »
Having just watched it back, it looks even worse.  Not only does he not appear to shout but there was no need to go for it.  It was going to land on Jedinak's head - The best header of the ball in our side.

Absolutely no need for him to go into that cluster of players and it looked a very poor decision. 

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2018, 12:52:27 AM »
I never thought I wouid pine for the days of Colin Withers.Mind you he did have Slogger in front of him.

Then web flogged him to Small Heath.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2018, 12:55:45 AM »
This bloke ain't gonna be no good, he's all over the shop. Crap scouting once again.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2018, 12:59:07 AM »
Harsh. At least give him a few games to adapt. I'm sure if terry was still here and we had the whole playing players in their right positions thing going on he'd look a bit better

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2018, 01:01:11 AM »
Harsh. At least give him a few games to adapt. I'm sure if terry was still here and we had the whole playing players in their right positions thing going on he'd look a bit better

Hopefully he will pick up, but how many games do you give him if he continues to make mistakes which cost us goals? 

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2018, 01:05:27 AM »

Hopefully he will pick up, but how many games do you give him if he continues to make mistakes which cost us goals?

well i'm guessing if we lose and he plays a major part in that, then he will be dropped, but he won't be the first 'keeper to find british football a bit of a new experience. there's a few in the premiership suffering that currently that cost a fair bit more.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2018, 01:33:17 AM »

well i'm guessing if we lose and he plays a major part in that, then he will be dropped, but he won't be the first 'keeper to find british football a bit of a new experience. there's a few in the premiership suffering that currently that cost a fair bit more.

Fair enough and hopefully it won't come to that.

Offline KRS

« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2018, 05:07:18 AM »
How hard can it be for a goalkeeper to adjust to the English game? If he's a professional footballer then surely the basics of goalkeeping are the same whatever league or country you play in. This guy is no good and shouldn't have been signed in the first place.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2018, 06:10:34 AM »
His howler against Wigan and indeed one other time in that game almost costing another goal came as a result of him being deep and on his heels and not coming out to clear back passes, this game and with no need whatsoever he charges out through a ridiculous amount of players to try and punch a throw in.

Very worrying start it has to be said.

Wouldnt be so bad if our 2nd goalkeeper signed this summer didnt look even worse in his debut and looked an even bigger calamity waiting to happen.

Did any of our coaches/scouts ever actually see these 2 play before putting pen to paper?

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2018, 06:13:02 AM »
Didnít Bruce say somewhere, press conference or interview,  that heíd been watching him for 4 years?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2018, 06:26:40 AM »
Didn’t Bruce say somewhere, press conference or interview,  that he’d been watching him for 4 years?

Yep so hopefully he's better than he's showing at the moment and it's just nerves of settling into a new club, new country and new league.

Offline brian green

• GM : 04.06.2019
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2018, 06:41:56 AM »
I will say what I always say when yet another player puts on a Villa shirt and fails to produce what we bought him for.  Time is a luxury you cannot afford especially in the Championship.  We appear to have bought Nyland and Moreira both of whom are either poor goalkeepers or who are mentally weak.  By the time we find out which it is a quarter of the season will be gone.

Online mr underhill

« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2018, 07:22:23 AM »
he's not an accident waiting to happen, he's an accident that's constantly happening.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2019
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2018, 07:28:24 AM »
Howler against Wigan? It was Jedinakís fault. An experienced international footballer who played a terrible backpass. Might Nyland have reacted a little quicker? Maybe, but it certainly wasnít his fault. Yes it was poor yesterday. But to completely write him off as some are doing is just ludicrous after 2 games.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 08.02.2019
« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2018, 08:15:55 AM »
The error wasnít great today, but I still think itís way too early to determine that Nyland or Moreira are poor or mentally weak.