collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:00:26 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:57:59 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:00:26 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:57:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Demitri_C
[Today at 12:51:31 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 12:48:46 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christian Purslow - Resigned  (Read 226880 times)

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
Re: New CEO appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #510 on: August 13, 2019, 10:53:01 AM »
action=share

Try this...i'm not good at this

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #511 on: August 13, 2019, 11:18:33 AM »
Purslow came across really well. Didn't really say anything we didn't already know & as previously mentioned the "Sky journalism" questions weren't the most inspiring to be fair.

You can imagine what's coming through her ear piece "Fulham Comparison, hit him with the Fulham comparison"
The most stupid question, as he told her in a roundabout way was about McGinn's new contract.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #512 on: August 13, 2019, 11:22:12 AM »
I don't really blame her for asking about the Fulham comparison. Seeing as everyone keeps banging on about it, it would have been amiss not to give him chance to rebuff the label.

Still mildly annoyed that they insist on showing us as the second highest spending club, for some reason counting gross rather than net spend.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #513 on: August 13, 2019, 11:23:20 AM »
At least john e will have seen the Fulham comparison in action now, since he seems to have been walking round with his eyes shut for the rest of the summer! ;)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #514 on: August 13, 2019, 11:25:26 AM »
It's on the facebook group linked earlier.

It's a brilliant interview.  I can see why some people wouldn't like him (particularly other clubs fans) as he does come accross as a bit smarmy, but he is so purposeful and assured it is fantastic for us to have him.  Enormously impressive..

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #515 on: August 13, 2019, 11:32:52 AM »
For years I've been frustrated at the way Villa have been run.  Irritants included lack of discernable transfer strategy, lack of clear playing style and tactics,  signing older journeyman players with no resale value on high wages and long contracts,  signing late in the window so no settling in time, poor scouting network, dinosaur managers whose idea of tactics is to shuffle the pack or tell players to roll their sleeves up.  We weren't the only ones, far from it,  but I'd watch in frustration as clubs like Liverpool signed young talent early in the window and hired forward thinking managers and coaches,  studiously avoiding the likes of O'Neill. 

It's not rocket surgery but Purslow shows how we are now, finally, doing things in a sensible way.  It boils down to common sense and business sense (players as assets rather than liabilities? who'd a thought it?) and it's great how quickly NSWE and Purslow have applied these simple concepts and turned things around.  What is surprising is the degree to which previous regimes were unable to grasp, let alone apply, such simple concepts.  Let's hope it works, because it deserves to.           

Offline Risso

« Reply #516 on: August 13, 2019, 11:46:44 AM »
For years I've been frustrated at the way Villa have been run.  Irritants included lack of discernable transfer strategy, lack of clear playing style and tactics,  signing older journeyman players with no resale value on high wages and long contracts,  signing late in the window so no settling in time, poor scouting network, dinosaur managers whose idea of tactics is to shuffle the pack or tell players to roll their sleeves up.  We weren't the only ones, far from it,  but I'd watch in frustration as clubs like Liverpool signed young talent early in the window and hired forward thinking managers and coaches,  studiously avoiding the likes of O'Neill. 

It's not rocket surgery but Purslow shows how we are now, finally, doing things in a sensible way.  It boils down to common sense and business sense (players as assets rather than liabilities? who'd a thought it?) and it's great how quickly NSWE and Purslow have applied these simple concepts and turned things around.  What is surprising is the degree to which previous regimes were unable to grasp, let alone apply, such simple concepts.  Let's hope it works, because it deserves to.           

I agree, but don't forget Liverpool did have Roy Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #517 on: August 13, 2019, 12:17:25 PM »
It's on the facebook group linked earlier.

It's a brilliant interview.  I can see why some people wouldn't like him (particularly other clubs fans) as he does come accross as a bit smarmy, but he is so purposeful and assured it is fantastic for us to have him.  Enormously impressive..

I got a facebook message from my brother-in-law (Sunderland season ticket owner) just after the interview finished to say how impressed he was with him. Thought he was straight-talking, open and clearly knows what he's doing. He also said he didn't realise just how rich our owners were until he looked it up after seeing this. He now thinks we'll be challenging for the champions league in a few years time.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #518 on: August 13, 2019, 12:21:33 PM »
action=share

Thanks for uploading this :-)

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #519 on: August 13, 2019, 12:47:38 PM »
action=share

Yes thanks for that - he came across very well. Certainly didn't let Sky get away with insinuating anything and it being left unsaid.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #520 on: August 13, 2019, 12:48:13 PM »

I agree, but don't forget Liverpool did have Roy Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish.

True, but Hodgson, while he may seem past it now and was poor for England,  was considered a decent coach a few years back.  Anyway neither of them lasted long. 

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #521 on: August 13, 2019, 01:34:35 PM »

Well said kt. This is the first time it feels like this since Brian L was appointed. Let’s hope they can sustain it this time rather than Dougs approach of wallowing in the 96 League Cup win. We’re coming to the party it seems about 20 years late but if we can now start to sort off the pitch as well then maybe just maybe we’ve got a Champions League club on our hands.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #522 on: August 13, 2019, 01:41:20 PM »
Just had a look to see how rich of the owners of every club is .

Hopefully we can break into this top 4 within 5 years .

I was suprised the combined wealth of the owners of Barnsley at over 9 billion .

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #523 on: August 13, 2019, 03:14:45 PM »
I was disappointed that 'Vicky' didn't bring up the Kappa debacle, the shocking half-time beer and pie service at Villa Park, and the clunky club website.

Offline Risso

« Reply #524 on: August 13, 2019, 03:18:11 PM »
Not to mention what the official capacity is and whether Villa will enter the Birmingham Senior Cup.  A wasted opportunity I reckon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal