collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christian Purslow - Resigned  (Read 229668 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: New CEO appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #495 on: August 12, 2019, 10:16:09 PM »
I don't do Facebook but my wife reckons it is something known as 'a closed group' and you have to be invited to join. The more difficult I find it to access the interview the more I want to read/hear it!

It's interesting insofar as a SSN interview ever is. There isn't a single question asked that you wouldn't already know the answer to before he gives it (apart from the one about Liverpool at the end, for me anyway).

Offline Damo70

« Reply #496 on: August 12, 2019, 10:24:31 PM »
Little bit patronising at the end there Christian!

Like the comments about Xia, to paraphrase "he's had fuck all to do with anything since the new owners turned up, and thank fuck for that!"

What were his exact words? Having seen a brief snippet of the Purslow interview and previous interviews with him I bet he is a f*cking difficult bloke to win an argument with. ;) He always comes across impressively for me.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #497 on: August 12, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »
Little bit patronising at the end there Christian!

Like the comments about Xia, to paraphrase "he's had fuck all to do with anything since the new owners turned up, and thank fuck for that!"

What were his exact words? Having seen a brief snippet of the Purslow interview and previous interviews with him I bet he is a f*cking difficult bloke to win an argument with. ;) He always comes across impressively for me.

Basically said that he hasn’t spoken to Xia in over a year and that last week confirmed what Villa fans knew already ie that he had nothing to do with the running of the club once Nas and Wes turned up. The contempt in his voice was very clear.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
« Reply #499 on: August 12, 2019, 10:37:27 PM »
Had to laugh at the way he said 'Vicky', like the question pissed him off.

Offline danno

« Reply #500 on: August 12, 2019, 10:37:51 PM »
Do many chief executives appear on sky sports news? Makes a change from Gerry Francis I suppose. Perhaps with all the doing a F doing the rounds it was time for a gentle rebuttal. I hope we follow it up with an almighty PS against Bournemouth on Saturday too.

Offline andyh

« Reply #501 on: August 13, 2019, 04:16:14 AM »
There was nothing patronising about Purslow’s replies.
It’s a credit to him he kept so cool in the face of some quite negative questions.

There was the ‘are you doing a Fulham’ question.
After a fantastic answer, the reply was ‘well, that all well and good on paper but.....’

There was a comparison between our business and why was is better than the Norwich approach.

Then there was a question about who at the club makes decisions about how the club will vote at premier league meetings.
Again, after a brilliant answer, she asked the very same question, almost like she hadn’t bothered to listen to his previous answer.

I did get the feeling that they were trying to get Purslow to justify what and how Villa had done our summer business, rather than a general chat about  Villa and how the club is moving forward.

All in all though, he came across as completely credible, knowledgeable and focused.

The comment at the end about asking a stupid question about John McGinn’s contract was completely justified and a little poke in the eye for the interviewer.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #502 on: August 13, 2019, 05:12:08 AM »
PR and media relations are a big part of the game these days and Purslow is, based on what we’ve seen so far, pretty good at it.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #503 on: August 13, 2019, 05:29:49 AM »
Excellent in front of the camera   when you look at similar people in his role you wonder how we managed to aquire such a polished individual

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #504 on: August 13, 2019, 06:44:20 AM »
To be fair I’m not sure the interviewer was asking her questions but the dumbed down thoughts of Sky generally.

Really good interview. Yes we’ve spent money but average £10m a player with the exception of Heaton and maybe Mings on a squad that they expect to appreciate in value.

His take on Liverpool was interesting; a little eye roll almost in the suggestion they couldn’t spend big but pointing out keeping your best players effectively costs you money.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #505 on: August 13, 2019, 09:22:18 AM »
I really enjoyed the interview top man.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2019, 09:48:35 AM »
Excellent in front of the camera   when you look at similar people in his role you wonder how we managed to aquire such a polished individual

Because he got shares. He knows if he makes a go of it he'll make a bloody fortune.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2019, 09:49:16 AM »
Is there a link to full 20 min interview anywhere please ?

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #508 on: August 13, 2019, 09:50:26 AM »
Purslow came across really well. Didn't really say anything we didn't already know & as previously mentioned the "Sky journalism" questions weren't the most inspiring to be fair.

The highlight for me was the way he used the phrase "our great club" on more than one occasion.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:02:26 AM by Gary Penrice »

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #509 on: August 13, 2019, 10:25:51 AM »
Any links to the full interview? Can't find it anywhere on catch up or online

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal