collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sporting memorabilia valuation  (Read 4885 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Sporting memorabilia valuation
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 02:05:27 PM »
Anybody who is interested, you can watch live Hansons auction of sporting memorabila today.
I've put a few Villa programmes in, I wont say which are mine as it might seem I'm advertising !
If my items all sell at the lower auctioneers estimate it should total about £1000 before commission, we'll have to see !
Says commences at 10am but they are presently doing antique toys etc and auctioneer said sporting will be at about 1pm.

https://gaplive-eu.globalauctionplatform.com/bidder/?auction=4237a447-eade-4b59-a79f-a99700b797b7&platform=SR

Bottom right box shows sporting lots starting at Lot 6200. You can initalize video and audio. Apparently ITV are there today too so it might turn up one of those daytime telly programmes later. 

You aren't selling the Headington stuff are you?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 02:24:22 PM »
Anybody who is interested, you can watch live Hansons auction of sporting memorabila today.
I've put a few Villa programmes in, I wont say which are mine as it might seem I'm advertising !
If my items all sell at the lower auctioneers estimate it should total about £1000 before commission, we'll have to see !
Says commences at 10am but they are presently doing antique toys etc and auctioneer said sporting will be at about 1pm.

https://gaplive-eu.globalauctionplatform.com/bidder/?auction=4237a447-eade-4b59-a79f-a99700b797b7&platform=SR

Bottom right box shows sporting lots starting at Lot 6200. You can initalize video and audio. Apparently ITV are there today too so it might turn up one of those daytime telly programmes later. 

Alas no. I knew it was collectable but there were some stunning prices for those. 
Mines done and totted up to £790 before commission for 19 programmes. 5 items didnt sell, surprisingly this included Rotherham v Villa 1st league cup final which didnt reach reserve of £150 on it.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 02:27:27 PM »

Alas no. I knew it was collectable but there were some stunning prices for those. 
Mines done and totted up to £790 before commission for 19 programmes. 5 items didnt sell, surprisingly this included Rotherham v Villa 1st league cup final which didnt reach reserve of £150 on it.

Apparently the bottom has dropped out of that particular market. A few years ago the H&V memorabilia consultant sold one for £550. 

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 01:38:19 PM »
All I he rage today is ticket Stubbs not sure why

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 11:42:19 AM »
Got loads of ticket stubs including Arsenal v Villa 1981 title winning game,FA Charity Shield 1981 unused ticket,v Blues 1969, Man Utd LC SF 1970, plus all the cup finals..any idea of their worth?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 03:26:19 PM »

How many people kept ticket stubs compared to programmes?

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 03:59:02 PM »
Somewhere I've got a ticket stub from the Barcelona game in 1978 signed by Chris Nicholl, Gordon Banks and Beelzebub.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2018, 07:17:06 PM »

How many people kept ticket stubs compared to programmes?

I've got a scrap book with stubs, but they are all from the 90's forward.  Before then apart from the biggest of games you could wake  up Saturday morning and  decide if you fancied going.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal