collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sporting memorabilia valuation  (Read 4940 times)

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Sporting memorabilia valuation
« on: August 05, 2018, 08:31:40 PM »
Might pop along to this as I have the 1961 Rotherham v Villa League Cup final and a handful of pre second world war programmes.

St Chad's Church, Hollyfield Road, Sutton Coldfield. Tuesday 14th August 10am-1pm. 

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:27:55 PM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Offline Damo70

Re: Sporting memorabilia valuation
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 08:49:54 PM »
I'm no expert but my guess would be that the pre WWI programmes must be worth a decent amount. I am currently trying to find out how to get a valuation on a load of Dinky, Corgi, Matchbox, Majorette and Lesney vehicles (mostly cars but also various vehicles from Space 1999, Star Trek and Thunderbirds) from the sixties and seventies. They aren't boxed and have been played with by myself and my son (and some of them by my older cousins and family friends who passed them down to me) and I have one guy who knows all of that and is very keen to look at all of them and make me an offer, but I would like an independent valuation first. He is also very keen on looking at my 1970 Austin J40 pedal car. I know they are going from between £3,000 and £5,000.

Online madmoz65

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:25:09 AM »
Astons auctions in Dudley do free valuations on wednesdays.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 06:48:32 PM »

Good to know. Thanks very much. I have spoken to the guy who wants to buy my collection of cars over the phone and he is a nice guy but during the course of the conversation it was clear that he knew his stuff and I would be at a bit of a disadvantage when it came to bargaining time.

Online madmoz65

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 09:07:14 PM »
Have a look on vectis auctions. They deal in old toys and show auction prices. I sorted my late fathers collection of corgis and dinky cars which are in great condition with original boxes. A dealer came and looked at them and offered £1600 for the lot. Decided to look at each cars price in past auctions and the total would be £2400. Certain cars are worth good money

Offline Damo70

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 10:39:37 PM »
Have a look on vectis auctions. They deal in old toys and show auction prices. I sorted my late fathers collection of corgis and dinky cars which are in great condition with original boxes. A dealer came and looked at them and offered £1600 for the lot. Decided to look at each cars price in past auctions and the total would be £2400. Certain cars are worth good money

Thanks again. None of mine are boxed and they vary in condition. I do know that I have a limited edition James Bond Aston Martin that was produced in gold (in colour not actually in solid gold) but aside from that I don't think I have anything particularly special, although you never know.

Online madmoz65

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 11:11:17 PM »
Places like eBay sell empty original boxes of the old cars. The proper box certainly pushes the price up.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 08:54:04 PM »

Thanks very much for the info Moz. I took four boxes of toy cars over there today. The guy picked out eight vehicles that had TV programme connections to shows like Thunderbirds, Space 1999 and things like the Starsky And Hutch, Kojak and Return Of The Saint cars. He reckons between them they are worth three to four hundred quid. He also liked a few of the old 1960's Matchbox Lesney cars I had passed down to me from older cousins even though nothing was in boxes and some of the ones he took a particular liking to were in not in particularly good condition. I thought it would all be about the condition but apparently not. Some of the ones he liked most were the ones in the worst condition. I had a collection of soft plastic, almost rubbery vehicles from when I was a young that were made for young kids playing in the bath which I was nearly too embarrassed to include but for some reason he loved them. Now he wants to look at my Star Wars stuff even though like the cars they are not boxed and were well played with by me and my kids over the years. Especially as I have the original twelve figures that were released around the time of the first film. He is planning to split them into three lots for auction. The most desirable ones, the ones which are a bit less valuable and then the ones which aren't particularly worth much.

Online madmoz65

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 10:54:37 PM »
Glad to help. Must take all the cars I’ve got.

Offline St AustellAVFC

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 10:14:39 AM »
 I've got a load of old Villa stuff  (well my mom has but they will be mine one day) mainly from the 50's from the time my uncle was a director. Favourites are a framed team photo including my uncle of the 57 winning team, the menu from the cup final dinner which is signed by everyone and loads of books. As for programmes I've hundreds that I got from my dad who was a Fulham fan. The Fulham ones date back to early 60s and my Villa ones from early 70s. I wouldn't sell any of them.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 02:07:56 PM »
I have a few copies of the Villa Review's which are available if anyone collects such items.They are for:
1993/94/95/97/98/99/2000
For some reason i have 2 copies of 1993
How much ....i don't know what worth £20 the lot

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 04:30:32 PM »
I have a few copies of the Villa Review's which are available if anyone collects such items.They are for:
1993/94/95/97/98/99/2000
For some reason i have 2 copies of 1993
How much ....i don't know what worth £20 the lot

Quiet easy to get hold of to be honest.  Its still ticket stubs  that produce a better than expected returns. 

Online Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »
I have a 57 cup final ticket, programme and villa headed paper signed by all the team. Anyone any  idea of the value. Priceless to me as they were my fathers.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 05:03:07 PM »
I have a 57 cup final ticket, programme and villa headed paper signed by all the team. Anyone any  idea of the value. Priceless to me as they were my fathers.

Wow, where do you live, and when do you leave the house ha ha. Fantastic, don't think anyone could beat that

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 10:17:16 AM »
Anybody who is interested, you can watch live Hansons auction of sporting memorabila today.
I've put a few Villa programmes in, I wont say which are mine as it might seem I'm advertising !
If my items all sell at the lower auctioneers estimate it should total about £1000 before commission, we'll have to see !
Says commences at 10am but they are presently doing antique toys etc and auctioneer said sporting will be at about 1pm.

https://gaplive-eu.globalauctionplatform.com/bidder/?auction=4237a447-eade-4b59-a79f-a99700b797b7&platform=SR

Bottom right box shows sporting lots starting at Lot 6200. You can initalize video and audio. Apparently ITV are there today too so it might turn up one of those daytime telly programmes later. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 10:27:12 AM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal