collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jorge Mendes  (Read 10959 times)

Offline mcgrath_85

Jorge Mendes
« on: July 31, 2018, 11:05:52 AM »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/the72.co.uk/111940/aston-villa-enlist-super-agent-jorge-mendes-boost-recruitment-drive/amp/

Alledgedly our new investors have sought the help of George Mendes and the keeper we have brought in on loan is a client of his.

I wonder how Steve will take this if it’s true. It’ll definitely take him out of his comfort zone that’s for sure.

Offline mr underhill

Re: Jorge Mendes
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »
old news

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 01:05:41 PM »
It just shows the agents have too much bloody power over everything.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 01:34:33 PM »
old news

It passed me by then, until now. Big news really.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 02:24:58 PM »
Not sure what George Mendes can bring to the party. Sergio Mendes would be a better bet.

My guess is Jorge can smell the (future) money and the sooner the Villa go up the sooner he can get his hands on it. He probably knew our owners and offered his services. Bruce gets final call and as we last month released Tony Cotton from his scouting job, we probably need a bit of help in the short term.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 02:32:31 PM »
Not sure what George Mendes can bring to the party. Sergio Mendes would be a better bet.

My guess is Jorge can smell the (future) money and the sooner the Villa go up the sooner he can get his hands on it. He probably knew our owners and offered his services. Bruce gets final call and as we last month released Tony Cotton from his scouting job, we probably need a bit of help in the short term.

He could bring a new era of recruitment to the party! An area that has fucked us over for years and as a direct consequence has left us in the second tier of English football for the third year.
Instead, we're talking about potentially bringing back Robert Snodgrass to battle it out with Glenn Whelan, Mile Jedinak and Henry Lansbury in a slowest midfielders to ever wear the shirt competition.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 04:00:20 PM »

Yeah. It will never work at this level . . . 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 04:04:11 PM »
As long as he hasn't blown his wad on Wolves, and we're just left with all the chaff he doesn't know what to do with.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 04:06:14 PM »
As long as he hasn't blown his wad on Wolves, and we're just left with all the chaff he doesn't know what to do with.

We'd be Wolves' TK Maxx

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 04:32:55 PM »
I never agreed with the agent approach last year with Wolves and still dont.

Didn’t actually have a problem with what Wolves did linking with Mendes because what they did was within the rules and they were fortunate that they linked with one of the top agents - where I think it’s unethical is that if it is endorsed for Mendes to do it then what’s to stop half of the Angola u23 team being trafficked into say Bury by one of the less connected agents? 

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 05:51:29 PM »

Didn’t actually have a problem with what Wolves did linking with Mendes because what they did was within the rules and they were fortunate that they linked with one of the top agents - where I think it’s unethical is that if it is endorsed for Mendes to do it then what’s to stop half of the Angola u23 team being trafficked into say Bury by one of the less connected agents? 

As I understood it the Wolves issue was never his involvement with them but that there was a suggestion of them fiddling FFP by having Mendes pay them from his own pocket. Or something like that anyway.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 05:55:42 PM »

As I understood it the Wolves issue was never his involvement with them but that there was a suggestion of them fiddling FFP by having Mendes pay them from his own pocket. Or something like that anyway.
I thought it was the Sugestion that the players contracts are owned by the agent.
As the Tevez situation.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 05:56:42 PM »
Maybe he can shift Richards for us.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »

You'd need a bulldozer.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 08:55:41 PM »

even David Copperfield would struggle to make Richards disappear