collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Target for this season  (Read 12976 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Target for this season
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2018, 07:45:05 PM »
We're going up. It's going to take a lot of doing, but we're not cut adrift yet. Our new Overlord Triumvirate will not want to hang about with this.

Can't wait.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2018, 07:49:32 PM »
Sixty and up with a great win at Wembley.
A feast of attacking football!!!

Offline jwarry

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2018, 10:11:09 PM »
We seem to be summising that Bruce has left him with a shit defence so it will take until Jan to sort it out.  Of course he could play Hutton RB, Chester and Tuanzebe CH and `(unfortunately) Taylor LB  it with a decent organised team in front of them! Which just leaves one problem, a dodgy keeper, so it can only be attack attack attack

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2018, 11:13:46 PM »
3 at the back.

Nyland

Bree Tuanzebe and Chester.

Elmo right, Albert left

Jedi

McGinn Grealish

Abraham Bolasie

Subs; Bunn, Kodjia, El Ghazi, Hogan, BB, Hourihane, Hutton

I'm ignoring keepers.

We just go for it and score 3 a game

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2018, 11:30:36 PM »
Would be very happy with play offs.

Top 2 is a pipedream given our defence and our attack not quite clicking. Hopeful Dean will sort both by end of the season so we can be really optimistic for 19/20 season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2018, 11:39:36 PM »
It's too early to write off the top 2, especially when we play both twice.

We're going to need a bounce and some organisation at both ends and to then pick up the 2 point average once the bounce subsides.

We'll see anyway. Play Offs ought to be doable.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2018, 11:41:29 PM »

We're going to need a bounce and some organisation at both ends and to then pick up the 2 point average once the bounce subsides.

I’d agree with you, but that defence has to be sorted out first. It’s killing us.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2018, 11:55:05 PM »
Just think their are better teams around which is not an unreasonable opinion given we've won once in ten. Our friends from Smethwick who are doing what we should be and scoring 3 or 4 regularly. Boro, Leeds etc. We should've got top 2 last season of course.

Probably our good fortune the league at top end isn't anywhere near as good as last season. We've hardly won a game in two months and still only a couple of points off sixth.

I do think looking at our next four we'll get a bounce. Swansea, Norwich, QPR, Bolton. Really hoping for 8-9 points from that which will get our season up and running properly and is needed when you look at our November-December fixtures.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2018, 05:51:26 AM »

I’d agree with you, but that defence has to be sorted out first. It’s killing us.

I don't think it can be sorted with the personnel we have to choose from. So the plan B has to be to score more goals than the opposition.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2018, 06:47:08 AM »
Just think their are better teams around which is not an unreasonable opinion given we've won once in ten. Our friends from Smethwick who are doing what we should be and scoring 3 or 4 regularly. Boro, Leeds etc. We should've got top 2 last season of course.

Probably our good fortune the league at top end isn't anywhere near as good as last season. We've hardly won a game in two months and still only a couple of points off sixth.

I do think looking at our next four we'll get a bounce. Swansea, Norwich, QPR, Bolton. Really hoping for 8-9 points from that which will get our season up and running properly and is needed when you look at our November-December fixtures.

Better defences and currently more organised teams.

But I look at the Albion's defence and I don't think it's any better than ours. They were iffy at the back when I saw them against Boro and gave up chances to Wednesday at 2-0 that ought to have seen them 3 or 4 down.

I actually think they've got a lot in common with us in being top heavy. But Gayle, Rodriguez, Barnes and Phillips are good at this level. There's no reason why our front 6 cannot compete with that.

You mention Boro, but it's typical Pulis. You score one, chances are you'll get at least a point. They've only scored 14 and he's grinding his way to the Play Offs I feel.

8 points has to be the minimum from the next 4. Get a bounce and we've clawed points back.

Its not going to be easy, but if Smith is able to get the team creating as many chances or close thereto as Brentford then you fancy our forwards to put them away.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2018, 09:15:24 AM »
Smith takes over at the same time in the season that Bruce did,
 I thought we should have at least made the play offs then so I'm not going to change my mind just because I like this manager

He might have been left a unbalanced squad, but hopefully he's a better manager so there's no reason we shouldnt be in the play off positions at least
if he does a Bruce and finishes 13th we probably got the wrong man......again
but I can't see that happening

in fact I took 25/1 for us to win the league, I know that's asking to much but if we get 2 or 3 wins together and a more attacking style those odds will drop sharply
and I've always been a dreamer

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2018, 08:09:26 AM »
I’m hoping Dean comes in and has a look at the youth team to see who we have there, although that said I don’t know the youth team that well!

Do we have any decent centre backs there?

Tactics wise I hope he sticks to his ethos of attacking football and doesn’t turn in to Lambert MK2

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal