collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Media, IGTv, YouTube, AVTV etc  (Read 1878 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Villa Media, IGTv, YouTube, AVTV etc
« on: October 11, 2018, 04:00:00 PM »
Article on The Drum

This is really interesting stuff; Half a million unique visitors to the OS each month! Partnership with UniLad, using Instagram as it's a better response rather than other websites. The guy who is leading on was originally part of Red Bull when it really took off.

Offline clash city rocker

Re: Villa Media, IGTv, YouTube, AVTV etc
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 04:31:24 PM »
If someone can translate that jargon into English for me I would be most grateful.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 04:55:47 PM »
Marketing speak, basically means that they are trying to get with the times, drag themselves out of the dark ages and engage with people/customers on other social media platforms and potentially explore other avenues. Red Bull are known for their adventurous and effective marketing and for taking and expanding the brand into lots of exciting areas (racing, extreme sports, music academy) that fit with their "Red Bull gives you wings" strap line and that you wouldn't necessarily have associated their drink with. Maybe the club are going to attempt to do something similar?

Shorter answer - they've employed someone from a social media and marketing perspective who worked for a company that knows what they are doing and is forward thinking and has a grasp on recent new technological advancements.

Hope that helps??
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:18:01 PM by Diablo »

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »
Marketing speak, basically means that they are trying to get with the times, drag themselves out of the dark ages and engage with people/customers on other social media platforms and potentially explore other avenues. Red Bull are known for their adventurous and effective marketing and for taking and expanding the brand into lots of exciting areas (racing, extreme sports, music academy) that fit with their "Red Bull gives you wings" strap line and that you wouldn't necessarily have associated their drink with. Maybe the club are going to attempt to do something similar?

Shorter answer - they've employed someone from a social media and marketing perspective who worked for a company that knows what they are doing and is forward thinking and has a grasp on recent new technological advancements.

Hope that helps??

Sort of got the gist. Cheers.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 05:50:14 PM »

Hope that helps??

Sort of got the gist. Cheers.
You're most welcome :-)

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 09:20:22 AM »
I hope they dont switch to IGTV, it specializes in vertical videos and I cant stand that aspect. Football is meant to be watched in widescreen

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 12:18:24 PM »
I think the key to that entire article is in the final sentence - once you're outside the Prem the level of interest drops off a cliff, especially in relation to traditional, linear broadcasting.

That said, the club could've just left us to disappear completely from the minds of most people but instead have tried to do something about it through all the social media and website work so credit to them for that.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 12:22:08 PM »
To be fair, I think vertical-screen video would have been ideal during  the last few years of football at the Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal