collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Andre Moreira - Returned to Atletico Madrid  (Read 25456 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Andre Moreira
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 12:38:45 PM »
I mean now. Bearing in mind timings and especially as we’ve got enough reserve keepers.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
we sacked off Gollini too quickly in my opinion.

Agreed.

Bruce seemed to suggest that it was a bit too much for him the move the culture and styles.
I guess he was nt suited .
Especially after the Italian coaching staff left .

My worry would be same with Andre that adapting to UK have to be mentally strong and that get in the team and learn from errors which will be highlighted even more as a gk. And he will make errors what keeper  doesn't. It's how he handles and how he's supported by club team and fans

Look at karius he is having almighty struggles  after that champions league final.

That's with him for life what he did

As lampard so dramatically put it on bt sport.

Offline frank black

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2018, 12:39:32 PM »
Seems a FFP signing and may indicate that the new owners will comply.

Selling Grealish on deadline day perhaps.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »
I support are new keeper

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »
I can't see Andre Moreira being our first choice keeper.

I doubt we’d bring a player in on loan who wasn’t going to start.

You'd hope not but Andre Moreira has made 10 league appearances over the last 2 years for Belenenses, a club the size of Walsall. See the howler video. He did miss 4 months out injured last season so may go some way to explain his lack of games.

He had a good U19 UEFA Tournament for Portugal back in 2014, got signed up by Jorges Mendes, signed up by Atletico Madrid and been out on loan ever since, most of the time not getting a game. Admittedly he's still young at 22 though rising through the Portugal U19s and U20s, he only made one appearance for the U21s.

There's no doubt he has potential but to put him straight in to the Villa first team?

Edit:That howler was on his first team debut for Belenenses in an empty stadium.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 02:01:13 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 01:02:11 PM »

You'd hope not but Andre Moreira has made 10 league appearances over the last 2 years for Belenenses, a club the size of Walsall. See the howler video.

He had a good U19 UEFA Tournament for Portugal back in 2014, got signed up by Jorges Mendes, signed up by Atletico Madrid and been out on loan ever since, most of the time not getting a game. Admittedly he's still young at 22 though rising through the Portugal U19s and U20s, he only made one appearance for the U21s.

There's no doubt he has potential but to put him straight in to the Villa first team?

Out of interest, had you heard of him before yesterday?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2018, 01:04:37 PM »

You'd hope not but Andre Moreira has made 10 league appearances over the last 2 years for Belenenses, a club the size of Walsall. See the howler video.

Yes, Sporting (my other useless team) were offered him as part of a deal with Atletico. They turned him down.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2018, 01:07:06 PM »

Yes, Sporting (my other useless team) were offered him as part of a deal with Atletico. They turned him down.

Ah, ok. Fair enough, it's just that what you wrote in your previous post is pretty close to what is written on Wikipedia about him and you seemed surprised by the 'howler' video.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2018, 01:22:44 PM »
Really. I'm surprised Wiki have a page for him as he's played so few games. Benfica were sniffing around earlier this month but turned him down too. Most agree he has potential but certainly no where near ready for the first team.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
Really. I'm surprised Wiki have a page for him as he's played so few games. Benfica were sniffing around earlier this month but turned him down too. Most agree he has potential but certainly no where near ready for the first team.

Yes, this is what is on Wikipedia.

In August 2014, after impressing with the Portuguese under-19 team at the 2014 UEFA European Championship, Moreira was sold to Jorge Mendes' GestiFute and signed a six-year deal with Atlético Madrid.[1] He was immediately loaned to Primeira Liga side Moreirense FC,[2] making his professional debut on 28 December 2014 by starting in a 2–0 home win against F.C. Arouca for the season's Taça da Liga.[3]

Moreira's first and only cap for the under-21s occurred on 11 October 2016, in a 7–1 friendly routing of Liechtenstein.[12]

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 01:53:09 PM »
That's detailed compared to his page here and so much more interesting. Thanks.

Offline exigo

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2018, 02:20:40 PM »

Yes, this is what is on Wikipedia.

In August 2014, after impressing with the Portuguese under-19 team at the 2014 UEFA European Championship, Moreira was sold to Jorge Mendes' GestiFute and signed a six-year deal with Atlético Madrid.[1] He was immediately loaned to Primeira Liga side Moreirense FC,[2] making his professional debut on 28 December 2014 by starting in a 2–0 home win against F.C. Arouca for the season's Taça da Liga.[3]

Moreira's first and only cap for the under-21s occurred on 11 October 2016, in a 7–1 friendly routing of Liechtenstein.[12]

He let one in against Liechtenstein? 😲

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2018, 02:38:40 PM »
blimey - off with his head!

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2018, 02:41:12 PM »
Johnstone was ok no more no less and as now departed. Let's look forward and give the lad a chance.

Ok

Are you serious? Up to Xmas he was far and away our player of the season

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2018, 07:27:26 AM »
As it happens I am serious - and our best player up to Christmas was irrefutably Albert who had bagged a lot of goals to keep us in the running. Do you actually go to games? Johnstone was bang average - no better than Gollini - and his distribution was lamentable for a professional footballer. He was guaranteed to lose us possession every time he kicked the ball. Get real.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal