collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 01:08:06 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621677 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1545 on: October 13, 2019, 03:31:04 PM »
On an average of £30 per ticket across 19 games at 41600 is circa £23.7m.

Averaging 33,000 across 23 games is circa £22.7m.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1546 on: October 13, 2019, 03:43:08 PM »
At work they sent round a Liverpool corporate thingy (as work are members apparently) and they have some packages they charge £700 for which seems crazy.

Looking at what we are averaging at the moment, 41,600, even if that stays the same (and I think it will increase with away sidea selling out) we will only make another million on last season.

Expanding to 52,000 with another 10,000 without corporate would be circa £6m per annum extra.

Shows where we're short on competing with others long term.

Not sure if I'm missing something here.  If we average nearly 6,000 more than last season, that brings an extra million.  However, if we average 16,000 more than last season then it nets us 6 million?

On a side note, all corporate packages appear to be sold out on the club website so again, it  is something that could be looked at if the NS is rebuilt.  Going on what Purslow said recently, it's more likely that the corners would be filled, rather than a new stand built.
I don't think just infilling the corners would be viable because the massive pillars holding up the NS roof would cause a huge obstruction so to remove those would mean removing the whole roof. Knocking the whole stand down and rebuilding it would make much more sense.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1547 on: October 13, 2019, 03:44:01 PM »
At work they sent round a Liverpool corporate thingy (as work are members apparently) and they have some packages they charge £700 for which seems crazy.

Looking at what we are averaging at the moment, 41,600, even if that stays the same (and I think it will increase with away sidea selling out) we will only make another million on last season.

Expanding to 52,000 with another 10,000 without corporate would be circa £6m per annum extra.

Not sure if I'm missing something here.  If we average nearly 6,000 more than last season, that brings an extra million.  However, if we average 16,000 more than last season then it nets us 6 million?

On a side note, all corporate packages appear to be sold out on the club website so again, it  is something that could be looked at if the NS is rebuilt.  Going on what Purslow said recently, it's more likely that the corners would be filled, rather than a new stand built.
I don't think just infilling the corners would be viable because the massive pillars holding up the NS roof would cause a huge obstruction so to remove those would mean removing the whole roof. Knocking the whole stand down and rebuilding it would make much more sense.

Purslow (I think it was him) said very recently that they have planning permission to fill in the corners.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1548 on: October 13, 2019, 03:45:03 PM »
On an average of £30 per ticket across 19 games at 41600 is circa £23.7m.

Averaging 33,000 across 23 games is circa £22.7m.

Of course - There are more games in the Championship.  Got it.

Online The Edge

« Reply #1549 on: October 13, 2019, 03:57:01 PM »

Purslow (I think it was him) said very recently that they have planning permission to fill in the corners.
Yes i did read that but the massive pillars would would definitely have to go. That would mean a whole new roof. A very expensive and challenging thing to do.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1550 on: October 13, 2019, 04:16:44 PM »
The next major work on the North Stand will be demolition.

It makes no sense using any of the existing structure.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #1551 on: October 13, 2019, 05:09:26 PM »
Isn’t there some rule on seating now, meaning that if we build a new stand from scratch the seats have to be wider, more exits etc? I’m pretty sure that the new stand at Anfield was built as an extension to the existing stand for that reason - it maybe that expanding the existing stand offers more scope to increase the capacity. I do agree on the roof though, it would be a hell of a job to remove it but can’t see anyway of it working without a new roof.

Thinking about it, isn’t that what they have done to the away end at Bramall Lane?

Online The Edge

« Reply #1552 on: October 13, 2019, 05:29:41 PM »
Isn’t there some rule on seating now, meaning that if we build a new stand from scratch the seats have to be wider, more exits etc? I’m pretty sure that the new stand at Anfield was built as an extension to the existing stand for that reason - it maybe that expanding the existing stand offers more scope to increase the capacity. I do agree on the roof though, it would be a hell of a job to remove it but can’t see anyway of it working without a new roof.

Thinking about it, isn’t that what they have done to the away end at Bramall Lane?
A bigger and better stand with extra legroom and more exits would be exactly the way to go. I sat in the upper North last season for the first time in years. I'd forgotten just how appallingly cramped and uncomfortabe it was. It has no place in the premier league anymore.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 06:13:40 PM by The Edge »

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1553 on: October 13, 2019, 05:36:58 PM »
I remember on a tour of Villa Park being told that the North stand is so solidly built you could build a block of flats on the roof.  Maybe that’s the plan for the hotel.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #1554 on: October 13, 2019, 07:16:05 PM »
There is more legroom on a TAP Portugal flight, which is saying something. Demolish and build something awesome please!

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1555 on: October 13, 2019, 10:36:22 PM »
There is more legroom on a TAP Portugal flight, which is saying something. Demolish and build something awesome please!

I like TAP, probably used them 15 times the last four years.

Depends if you’re on one of their upgraded planes with the Recaro seats or not.

I always used to pay the £22 for extra legroom. Although I was actually not the one paying which made it easier.

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #1556 on: October 13, 2019, 11:03:58 PM »
Looking around, it's incredible how much support Xia still has. He was a charlatan, a con man if you like, who almost took us into administration yet somehow there's always an excuse for him.

🤣🤣🤣

Charlatan...con man 🤣🤣🤣

Who warns the Warnee ??? 🤣🤣🤣

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1557 on: October 13, 2019, 11:54:56 PM »
10 emojis in one post? Gadzooks man!

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #1558 on: October 15, 2019, 09:26:44 PM »
Now that I've got over the initial shock, bemusement, and incredulity, and we've had a laugh and that, I hope that brentastonb6 doesn't come out with that shite about having to pay taxes to have an opinion again. Fucking ludicrous! Get a grip!
Thanks Chummy but I had a total grip when I said what I said thanks . Boris is the current leader of the country and hopefully one who will give us the opportunity to grow  without constraint . In your  opinion you think he’s taking us over the abyss (you sound like most of the remoaning neigh sayers who think the world will stop spinning should we leave the ailing EU but that’s a bit strange as you obviously opted not to remain here yourself)
  In my opinion he isn’t but then like yours it’s just my opinion. No one said you can’t have an opinion only that your opinion from France is just that - words . What are you doing to currently improve our country from a foreign land ?  taxes on this occasion was my reference point as that’s what allows us to spend, invest and hopefully improve everybody’s life.
So thanks for your advice but I choose the counsel I  take and I certainly don’t take it from you.
Spectacularly insular, small-minded, apes the language of Trump, level of debate as high as a daisy.
So someone who disagrees with you /  is prepared to suggest coming out of what was supposed to be economic union is insular ? I think you must have a very high opinion of yourself and your own debating skills.  Interesting comparison to Trump mind you.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #1559 on: October 15, 2019, 09:31:45 PM »
I pay tax in the UK and GM subs ... so is it OK to add that I think boris and brentaston are both massive c***s?
Please feel free to say to my face what you’re brave enough to ‘think’ from your keypad .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal