collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 653430 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1140 on: July 29, 2019, 07:12:16 PM »
There's some desperate attempts to try to prove Villa's support is rubbish. Not really sure why, our support was spectacular up and down the country while we were in the second tier, and people are more enthused about the club than they have been in decandes. The ticket sales speak for themselves. We have a choice, expand... or force our own fans to miss out.

Offline exigo

« Reply #1141 on: July 29, 2019, 07:42:02 PM »
Ideally, we'd approach it along the lines of Borussia Dortmund's ground. It's not just a soulless bowl, they've taken each stand up in size, and managed to fill the corners in a way that still keeps the traditional rectangle and four sides in place.

If there was no issue with the residents behind the park on the Witton side, I'd love us to take both the North and Witton stands up to the size of the Trinity, or even beyond. But do it with a coherent plan to take the whole ground up in size – that's a big indictment of the Ellis era, that four new stands have so little connection to each other.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1142 on: July 29, 2019, 07:47:15 PM »
I'm sure Man City fans are gutted the way their fortunes have changed.

That said, they've not moved into a football stadium, they've into a converted athletics stadium, the same as West Ham and you can tell.

A new ground doesn't have to be a soulless bowl.

All the Leicester fans I know really like the King Power Stadium.  Even though that's relatively new they're already talking about expanding it.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #1143 on: July 29, 2019, 08:10:10 PM »
Ideally, we'd approach it along the lines of Borussia Dortmund's ground. It's not just a soulless bowl, they've taken each stand up in size, and managed to fill the corners in a way that still keeps the traditional rectangle and four sides in place.

If there was no issue with the residents behind the park on the Witton side, I'd love us to take both the North and Witton stands up to the size of the Trinity, or even beyond. But do it with a coherent plan to take the whole ground up in size – that's a big indictment of the Ellis era, that four new stands have so little connection to each other.
The four individual stands, whatever the pros and cons, are the beauty of Villa Park for so many.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1144 on: July 29, 2019, 08:15:09 PM »
The idea of a new stadium on the old Wholesale Markets site is a non-starter.  The reason for moving the markets is to open up the area to re-link Digbeth and Highgate to the centre so that residential areas can be built (see 'The Big City Plan').  The Planners are not going to accept a massive stadium blocking what they are trying to create. Any new major stadium will have to be built outside the inner ring road.

Any reason why it couldn’t be in the Gun Quarter?
Theres no available land?

Is that a question or an answer?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1145 on: July 29, 2019, 08:44:41 PM »
There's some desperate attempts to try to prove Villa's support is rubbish. Not really sure why, our support was spectacular up and down the country while we were in the second tier, and people are more enthused about the club than they have been in decandes. The ticket sales speak for themselves. We have a choice, expand... or force our own fans to miss out.

Or let's see how next the season or two goes. No-one is forcing any fans to miss out at all. What an over dramatic  comment.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1146 on: July 29, 2019, 08:55:56 PM »
I don't think anyone is saying we should start building next summer but i think the club should start looking at the options and talking to the council. If we have a decent season then around this time next year would be about right to start fan consultation ahead of starting work in 2022 or 23.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1147 on: July 29, 2019, 09:00:10 PM »
It would be nice to have a plan in place and the appropriate permissions attained for when we are ready to make changes.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #1148 on: July 29, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »

Or let's see how next the season or two goes. No-one is forcing any fans to miss out at all. What an over dramatic  comment.

Alright then, not optimising our massive potential. How's about that, better?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1149 on: July 29, 2019, 09:04:22 PM »
I don’t think using Man City and West Ham Will ever be good examples to justify a new stadium. They used existing facilities built for the entirely different events. Spurs seems to be the closest thing to something fans actually want.

Again, it doesn't really matter how they got into the new grounds. The point is, even a half-arsed club who used to be famous like West Ham are pulling in well over 50,000 a game.

I know man, I'm on your side. My point was that using those grounds a reason not to do it makes no sense. I want us to do this once and do it right. Do the research needed, on us as fans, on the area, on all of the commercial benefits and build a future Villa Park that is everything we would want. Right now as much as we all love Villa Park it's a hodge podge of stands that don't do the club proud.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1150 on: July 29, 2019, 09:04:38 PM »

Of course they are. If we have 50,000 Villa fans wanting to attend matches and only 39,000 can do so, then that's 11,000 missing out. An so on.

The longer we leave it, the greater the lost revenue.

Online Clampy

« Reply #1151 on: July 29, 2019, 09:05:06 PM »

Alright then, not optimising our massive potential. How's about that, better?

We've just got back up from the championship after three season's. The next step is turning ourselves into a solid top flight club. Once we've done that, then let's look at it. Oh and how many is our massive potential?

Online Clampy

« Reply #1152 on: July 29, 2019, 09:08:18 PM »

Of course they are. If we have 50,000 Villa fans wanting to attend matches and only 39,000 can do so, then that's 11,000 missing out. An so on.

The longer we leave it, the greater the lost revenue.

Well, let's see if we sell out every game next season first and then maybe the season after. We've just got back up. Let's sort out the on the field side first.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 09:11:27 PM by Clampy »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1153 on: July 29, 2019, 09:11:06 PM »
Nah, let's look at it now. Our stadium isn't big enough for a club of our stature any more.

Unless you believe no marks like West Ham and Sunderland are bigger than Aston Villa...

Online Clampy

« Reply #1154 on: July 29, 2019, 09:13:29 PM »
Nah, let's look at it now. Our stadium isn't big enough for a club of our stature any more.

Are you basing that on because we've just been promoted or because we've just spent over £100m?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal