collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621597 times)

Offline Simon Page

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #990 on: July 28, 2019, 02:45:00 PM »
Agree with all that.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #991 on: July 28, 2019, 02:55:35 PM »
I would hate us to leave Villa Park.

However if we were to build a stadium at the NEC I could be there in less than ten minutes by car. ;)

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #992 on: July 28, 2019, 03:16:19 PM »
Over 10 years ago I paid 50 quid for one of those pavers with my kids' names on it outside the Trinity. I'll expect a full refund when we move to our out of town Superdome.

Seriously though, there are people who have their relative's ashes scattered at Villa Park. Wonder how they might feel about their remains forming the foundations of a new Ikea or B&Q.

I'm really not interested in us moving.   

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #993 on: July 28, 2019, 03:23:58 PM »
Over 10 years ago I paid 50 quid for one of those pavers with my kids' names on it outside the Trinity. I'll expect a full refund when we move to our out of town Superdome.

Seriously though, there are people who have their relative's ashes scattered at Villa Park. Wonder how they might feel about their remains forming the foundations of a new Ikea or B&Q.

No, me neither. I'd hate us to leave.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #994 on: July 28, 2019, 03:31:10 PM »
I don’t think us remainers need to worry can’t see us going anywhere

Offline dean saunders left boot

« Reply #995 on: July 28, 2019, 03:41:16 PM »

I've got one of those slabs, it was a 21st Birthday present, I love that my name is part of Villa Park, and would be devastated if it would be removed, or we moved ground

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #996 on: July 28, 2019, 03:43:25 PM »
I'd imagine the pavers could be moved.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #997 on: July 28, 2019, 03:43:44 PM »
It was a wrench to leave the house where Samson, the hamster who died when I was 7, was buried.  But you know, I got over it.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #998 on: July 28, 2019, 03:51:53 PM »
Mines eroded that much you can’t read it!

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #999 on: July 28, 2019, 03:55:42 PM »
There's certainly been an "if you build it they will come" effect with West Ham moving to the Olympic Stadium.  They haven't pulled up any trees on the pitch either.  Everton seem confident they'll be able to fill a 50k seater at the docks.   I do think with us though a sustained period of relative success and entertaining football would be a good first step.  However the owners should certainly be looking at options and making plans for when the need becomes more obvious, if they haven't already done so.  Based on their record so far I'd hazard a guess they're already doing or have done at least some kind of feasibility study. 

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1000 on: July 28, 2019, 04:17:26 PM »
Mines eroded that much you can’t read it!

Mine's much the same. I check on it now and then. Not much relief left in the lettering, but it looked like someone had touched it up with a marker last time I saw it.

Doug's gone. They'd be moved.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #1001 on: July 28, 2019, 04:22:37 PM »

Yeah VPexit Vexit Astexit, hmm I think B6exit could never happen. Could it?

Interestingly for the first time ever, surviving/competing at the top table might swing a lot of us to what even 5 years ago seemed utterly unacceptable, when even a name change was an abomination.

I’m in an unusual position of my name on my paver having been changed, but love that 3 gens of pavers are there...

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #1002 on: July 28, 2019, 04:42:59 PM »
Given the cost of new builds, I doubt we'd see much benefit to moving. Unless, of course, we're completely buggered for expanding.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1003 on: July 28, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »

Yeah VPexit Vexit Astexit, hmm I think B6exit could never happen. Could it?

Interestingly for the first time ever, surviving/competing at the top table might swing a lot of us to what even 5 years ago seemed utterly unacceptable, when even a name change was an abomination.

I’m in an unusual position of my name on my paver having been changed, but love that 3 gens of pavers are there...

I'm a remainer. I've told my Son I want my name on one of those bricks if I kick the bucket. Assuming you can still buy them of course.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1004 on: July 28, 2019, 04:46:16 PM »
Given the cost of new builds, I doubt we'd see much benefit to moving. Unless, of course, we're completely buggered for expanding.

Commercial income would be another reason, but I guess they think they've got enough work to do on that for a while before the ground becomes a real problem.

I do strongly suspect the reason for the quick facelift of the North Stand is as a stopgap measure until they decide on a bigger plan, though

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal