collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621838 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #735 on: May 13, 2019, 09:36:14 PM »
If we get promoted, we will be above them one second later.

Still below Arsenal and AFC Bournemouth, though. 😡

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #736 on: May 13, 2019, 09:44:26 PM »
Who knows. If they did it would significantly reduce the price if they ever wanted to sell us so I'd be surprised.

Would they not be able to 'buy' it back ahead of such a sale?

They would but what would be the point? Plus they'd probably end up with a huge tax bill.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but if they made the stadium an asset of the club again before a sale then would that not reinflate the asking price?

It would, but then what would be the point in taking it out of the club in the first place if that was what they were going to do?

And the sale back to the club would trigger a tax liability on them which could be avoided if they leave the ground in the club in the first place.
[/quote
Who knows. If they did it would significantly reduce the price if they ever wanted to sell us so I'd be surprised.

Would they not be able to 'buy' it back ahead of such a sale?

They would but what would be the point? Plus they'd probably end up with a huge tax bill.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but if they made the stadium an asset of the club again before a sale then would that not reinflate the asking price?

It would, but then what would be the point in taking it out of the club in the first place if that was what they were going to do?

And the sale back to the club would trigger a tax liability on them which could be avoided if they leave the ground in the club in the first place.

FFP if we don't go up?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #737 on: May 13, 2019, 09:58:29 PM »
I'm not angry at you for that quote fail SE, just very disappointed.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #738 on: May 13, 2019, 10:02:58 PM »
Fucking state of that quote.

*shakes head.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #739 on: May 13, 2019, 10:04:59 PM »

I've let myself down, and I'll be disappointed when I see it again. There were mitigating circumstances in that I was using my left hand. I was holding a crumpet in my right hand and I'm all right hand. It's always been my weakness as a poster. It's why I never got the recognition I deserved with a call-up to BTL at the Guardian, or writing into podcasts. I did get an offer once to represent TBAR but my heart wouldn't have been in it. You want to post at the top level really.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #740 on: May 13, 2019, 10:18:15 PM »
A poster with your experience should never be making mistakes like that, SE. The crumpet should be in the left hand! I'd keep you behind after work for extra training.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #741 on: May 13, 2019, 10:27:58 PM »
A poster with your experience should never be making mistakes like that, SE. The crumpet should be in the left hand! I'd keep you behind after work for extra training.

Trust me, fbrai, nobody's hurting more than me. I just need to keep my head down and start proving people wrong, which is what it's all about, which in itself is a terrible way to live a life when you think about it.

A word from my manager: "ah hink SE's quote was excellent. Some eh the punctuation wis world class, it wis. Aye, it's no purfict, but you show me a quote thut is. If he quotes like that nixt post there'll be no complaints from me."

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #742 on: May 13, 2019, 10:31:28 PM »
Paul Lambert is your manager!? That explains it all to be fair.

You go again, SE. You go again.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #743 on: May 13, 2019, 10:39:15 PM »

I've let myself down, and I'll be disappointed when I see it again. There were mitigating circumstances in that I was using my left hand. I was holding a crumpet in my right hand and I'm all right hand. It's always been my weakness as a poster. It's why I never got the recognition I deserved with a call-up to BTL at the Guardian, or writing into podcasts. I did get an offer once to represent TBAR but my heart wouldn't have been in it. You want to post at the top level really.

In the not too distant past, having a bit of crumpet in your right hand to excuse epic quote failure would have elicited an entirely different range of responses.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #744 on: May 14, 2019, 08:22:09 AM »
You can always spot a robot.  The real SE has been to Birmingham enough times and had social intercourse with those of us from the Eternit City never to use the 'C' word.   It is a pikelet he would have had in his right hand.

Eternit is the trade name for asbestos sheeting.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #745 on: May 14, 2019, 08:27:23 AM »
You can always spot a robot.  The real SE has been to Birmingham enough times and had social intercourse with those of us from the Eternit City never to use the 'C' word.   It is a pikelet he would have had in his right hand.

Brian - I was just about to post about it being a pikelet too :)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #746 on: May 14, 2019, 09:41:12 AM »

Brian - I was just about to post about it being a pikelet too :)

They're two different things.

Crumpet is baked in a ring whereas a pikelet is more of a free shape. The dough isn't as thick in a pikelet.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #747 on: May 14, 2019, 11:21:42 AM »
It's still a bloody pikelet, even if it f****ng says "crumpet" on the packet.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #748 on: May 14, 2019, 11:22:25 AM »
Sorry, pikelit.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #749 on: May 14, 2019, 12:21:46 PM »
This is the first time I've ever heard of pikelets. What a day for it all to go wrong.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal