collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 642145 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #675 on: April 23, 2019, 04:48:05 PM »
The best thing they've done is employ Purslow and keep quiet. A proper administrator with experience not being undermined by a vocal owner is almost like they taken the mistakes made by the last 2 owners and been determined not to repeat them.

That was possibly Randy's biggest failing. He stayed in the background but didn't employ anyone decent to run it.

Out of his depth really. This became obvious when the money dried up.

I'm not sure the money dried up, he probably just lost interest.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #676 on: April 23, 2019, 04:59:02 PM »
The best thing they've done is employ Purslow and keep quiet. A proper administrator with experience not being undermined by a vocal owner is almost like they taken the mistakes made by the last 2 owners and been determined not to repeat them.

That was possibly Randy's biggest failing. He stayed in the background but didn't employ anyone decent to run it.
He did employ decent CEO's, they were just undermined and ultimately removed by O'Neill. He did the same at Sunderland.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #677 on: April 23, 2019, 05:08:52 PM »
Please don't talk about Lerner.

Gone, best forgotten.

Our new guys haven't put a foot wrong yet. Good investment and appointments which have given good results.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #678 on: April 23, 2019, 05:15:20 PM »
Tom Fox was that man.  Unfortunately he turned out to be a false narrative.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #679 on: April 23, 2019, 05:43:57 PM »

Out of his depth really. This became obvious when the money dried up.

I'm not sure the money dried up, he probably just lost interest.

Villa gave him quite a battering in his pocket. That and the financial crash

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #680 on: April 23, 2019, 05:51:14 PM »

Biggest failing was to keep appointing shit managers

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #681 on: April 23, 2019, 06:28:24 PM »
Yeah but where were they on a freezing, dismal February night in Brentford?

Don't think Mallory's dress from yesterday would be suitable attire for a freezing, dismal Feb night. Just been waiting for the warm weather to arrive.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #682 on: April 23, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »

Biggest failing was to keep appointing shit managers

At least he got shot of McLeish quickly when the appointment clearly hadn't worked out. It is just a shame he didn't do the same with Lambert.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #683 on: April 23, 2019, 07:05:18 PM »

At least he got shot of McLeish quickly when the appointment clearly hadn't worked out. It is just a shame he didn't do the same with Lambert.

I will never to this day understand how Lambert survived that Christmas period that contained the 8-0 dicking by Chelsea.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #684 on: April 23, 2019, 07:36:53 PM »

I will never to this day understand how Lambert survived that Christmas period that contained the 8-0 dicking by Chelsea.

Because no one at the club gave a fuck and getting rid of him and hiring a new manager was more hassle?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #685 on: April 23, 2019, 09:23:43 PM »

it wasn’t just an isolated result either was it
we were shipping in goals all over the place

really bad  ( as Gendry would say )

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #686 on: April 23, 2019, 09:36:39 PM »
Because what this site really needs is another Paul Lambert moanathon.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #687 on: April 23, 2019, 09:48:48 PM »
Because what this site really needs is another Paul Lambert moanathon.

As football fans we all tend to be Victor Meldrew's and given our recent winning run we have to have a moan about other things rather than our results. But I agree we should probably just try to forget about Lambert.

I might start a Graham Turner thread. ;)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #688 on: April 23, 2019, 09:53:37 PM »
Lerner's problem was his total failure to understand that although he was willing to put huge amounts of money in, he still needed to appoint people to look after his investment and grow it.

Even Man City's owners with their literally endless wealth understand that.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #689 on: April 23, 2019, 10:01:16 PM »
I think in hindsight MON should have been given total control of first team matters but some kind of DOF was needed regarding the structure of the club in general. I was a big fan of MON but like most managers it was all about the here and now and results. That is fine so long as someone else at the club has an eye on the bigger long term picture.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal