collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 653136 times)

Online KRS

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #645 on: April 12, 2019, 02:48:14 AM »
I was thinking about this the other day as its only a matter of time until we hear cries of "absentee owners" if anything goes wrong. We have Purslow who keeps us informed of any off the field developments, Smith keeps us well informed of any team news and the communication from the club via email and social media is the best its ever been. Owners do not have to be seen or heard so let them just get on with quietly steering the good ship Villa in the right direction.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #646 on: April 12, 2019, 04:17:30 AM »
Alan Nixons twitter feed had someone mention French media reports suggesting that the PSG owners looking at us, Forest or QPR.

Anyone else heard anything, BE? 

Online KRS

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #648 on: April 12, 2019, 07:09:15 AM »
I don’t see the current owners selling up so early into their investment which for the most part has been a success.

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #649 on: April 12, 2019, 09:52:41 AM »
Speculation.
Even if true it suggests that a championship club would be the target, which rules us out.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #650 on: April 12, 2019, 11:58:34 AM »
I,m still not sure what Dr.Tony does or has.He suddenly arrived on the scene and then just as suddenly disappeared. A bit like a Paul Daniels magic trick.

But the majic trick backfired somewhat spectacularly!

More like Tommy Cooper than Paul Daniels. Plus they both disappeared behind a curtain never to be seen again.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #651 on: April 12, 2019, 01:15:02 PM »
QPR strong fanbase?! Have a word...

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #652 on: April 12, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »
Probably bollocks, but in any event the PSG owners can kindly go fuck themselves. If there's one thing this spell in the Championship has taught me it's that even in football some things are more important than the brute fact of success.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #653 on: April 12, 2019, 03:18:19 PM »
Probably bollocks, but in any event the PSG owners can kindly go fuck themselves. If there's one thing this spell in the Championship has taught me it's that even in football some things are more important than the brute fact of success.

I agree about 99% but there other 1% of me is trying to work out whether they might think getting Mbappe and Neymar in the premier league would be a good idea and moving them from 1 team to their other.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #654 on: April 12, 2019, 03:21:50 PM »
"English clubs with strong fan bases"... "QPR".

Great research, amis.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #655 on: April 12, 2019, 03:45:07 PM »
I did hear a while back (I think it was on the radio) that Christian Purslow was in talks with other potential investors.  I'm no expert on how these things work, but is it feasible that the PSG owners (if this story is true) could be looking to invest into the "NSWE" investment vehicle itself?  That way they could bypass issues about being involved with more than one club?

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #656 on: April 12, 2019, 03:55:49 PM »
PSG as a feeder club? I can live with that.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #657 on: April 12, 2019, 04:07:44 PM »
Probably bow locks, but in any event the PSG owners can kindly go f*** themselves. If there's one thing this spell in the Championship has taught me it's that even in football some things are more important than the brute fact of success.

Can they fund us winning the FA Cup once before I cark it, and then go and f*** themselves?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #658 on: April 12, 2019, 06:24:09 PM »

Indeed.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #659 on: April 13, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »
Not sure if they would find it as easy in England. PSG outspend every other team on France by a considerable margin and so can almost guarantee that whoever signs for them will be in the Chumps year ad infinitum.

Buying a Div 2 club and taking it to the top of the Prem and beyond will require a considerable amount of money AND time. In terms of signings when it comes to choosing somewhere to live, does Brum or Nottingham have the cachet of Paris, London, Milan, Barca or Madrid- so they'd have to pay mega contracts to get top players in.

Same goes for management. The top ones don't/won't want to spend 2-3 seasons working their way up through the leagues.

Added to which, we have very wealthy owners, who might sell for a quick profit, but we all hope are in it for the long term. They've got plans in place for steady progress and that to me is a better way than pouring in a billion petrodollars.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal