collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621768 times)

Offline sirlordbaltimore

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #585 on: August 24, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »

I noticed Recon had disappeared from the presser background boards this morning

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #586 on: August 24, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »
Arent they sponsoring bodymoor?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #587 on: August 24, 2018, 06:54:17 PM »
The whole takeover from day one appeared to be a way of him stepping aside and being eased out quietly and diplomatically over a short period of time without shoving him through the exit door too quickly so he could retain some pride and respect. I think he had the best of intentions but just wasn't up to running a football club. I shudder to think exactly how bad things could have got on and off the pitch without the takeover. Aside from our new owners clearly being rich I was delighted they also had experience of running a sports team.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #588 on: August 24, 2018, 07:15:45 PM »
£47m for a club he brought to the very brink. Any one of us could have done what he did, spend the parachute payments and sell off every last drop of income for an all or nothing throw of the dice. Absolutely no thought went in to anything he did, basically kid on a computer game kind of stuff. He's lucky to get a penny.

Although it came across cack handedly in my post I fully concur with this sentiment.  Remember ‘I’m not a dollar billionaire.’  Remember the Daily Mail journalist that was shown that bank draft for £50m or whatever it was.  RMB probably.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:17:44 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #589 on: August 24, 2018, 07:19:52 PM »
The whole takeover from day one appeared to be a way of him stepping aside and being eased out quietly and diplomatically over a short period of time without shoving him through the exit door too quickly so he could retain some pride and respect. I think he had the best of intentions but just wasn't up to running a football club. I shudder to think exactly how bad things could have got on and off the pitch without the takeover. Aside from our new owners clearly being rich I was delighted they also had experience of running a sports team.

Indeed. I agree that he had the best of intentions and the fact that he sorted the shitstorm he'd created within a matter of weeks and to the extent that he did (the new owners) I'll always be fond of him.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #590 on: August 24, 2018, 07:22:56 PM »

I suspect that signage will be gone soon if it hasn't already as well

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #591 on: August 24, 2018, 07:23:10 PM »
How touchingly naive.

He blagged his way into the Villa with borrowed money that he to pay back very quickly.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #592 on: August 24, 2018, 07:24:11 PM »
Randy really was very, very desperate to sell wasn't he?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #593 on: August 24, 2018, 08:07:53 PM »
How touchingly naive.

He blagged his way into the Villa with borrowed money that he to pay back very quickly.

Triads?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #594 on: August 24, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »

The Recon logos had disappeared from the wall behind Bruce at this morning’s press conference having still been there last week.

I suspect that signage will be gone soon if it hasn't already as well

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #595 on: August 24, 2018, 08:16:03 PM »
Yep, he could not wait to be rid of us in the end.
Took a huge hit on the price having gone the Austerity route in an attempt to stop hemmorrhaging  cash.
So he came, spunked a load, shot his bolt and squirted off a few hundred million lighter.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #596 on: August 24, 2018, 08:18:27 PM »
Took a huge hit on the price having gone the Austerity route in an attempt to stop hemmorrhaging  cash.
So he came, spunked a load, shot his bolt and squirted off a few hundred million lighter.
Sometimes I actually feel quite sorry for him, .

Offline chrisf

« Reply #597 on: August 24, 2018, 08:22:06 PM »
I like to think that Tony was (as he said at the time) looking for minority investment partners.

It was going really well. He'd sold 27% to some Egyptian geezer and 27% to a Yank in a dodgy suit.

Tony's still got 45% so he's the still the proud chairman and big cheese ... oh bugger.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #598 on: August 24, 2018, 08:25:02 PM »
Sometimes I actually feel quite sorry for him, .
I can understand that.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #599 on: August 24, 2018, 08:28:38 PM »
I like to think that Tony was (as he said at the time) looking for minority investment partners.

It was going really well. He'd sold 27% to some Egyptian geezer and 27% to a Yank in a dodgy suit.

Tony's still got 45% so he's the still the proud chairman and big cheese ... oh bugger.

He doesn't. Additional shares have been issued so his percentage has been devalued.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal