collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621716 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #360 on: July 23, 2018, 08:43:37 PM »
I thought I'd been quick enough!! ;)

Under normal circumstances upwards revaluations don't create an income statement impact, but if it's a reversal of a previous downward revaluation then it might. I'm not close enough to the FFP regs to know if that's an allowable profit though.

It seems (according to Matt Scott) that it's exclusion from FFP took place under Premier League FFP where our permitted losses were £105m. We'd have, with its inclusion, lost £109m so would have been unlikely to be sanctioned. This gives us scope to revalue.

He seems to have revised his opinion

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #361 on: July 23, 2018, 08:45:37 PM »
He does haha!

Seems that the exclusion rule is automatically included.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #362 on: July 23, 2018, 08:46:14 PM »
I see we've already paid off the mortgages we took out on the land...

How do you know that ?

Companies House
Not sure if I’m understanding these right, but it seems there was a mortgage against Villa Park?!

Yeh looks like it. Blimey interesting reading all that....lots of premises with mortgages, maybe players or clients temporary premises ? Anyway, lots of cash paid off today om about 20 outstanding loans.....promising start

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #363 on: July 23, 2018, 08:59:01 PM »
We've owned a house in Great Barr since the 1930s. A farmhouse in Warwickshire (Randy's gaff?), mortgage on B6 since the 1950s. Quite a lot on the portfolio.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #364 on: July 23, 2018, 09:18:04 PM »

How do you know that ?

Companies House

Why do we own a semi-detached house in Great Barr? Still, we own it out right now.

It’s Dougs modest three bed link detached that we rent to him for £1 a year.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #365 on: July 23, 2018, 09:28:22 PM »
So then we know we own loads of property.  Are we saying as they are now mortgage free we can revalue them on the fixed asset line of the balance sheet and reduce losses? I thought they would show their true valuation anyway?  Or am I missing something?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #366 on: July 23, 2018, 10:19:23 PM »

How do you know that ?

Companies House

Why do we own a semi-detached house in Great Barr? Still, we own it out right now.

No that’s the bloke who was going to buy us from Doug. He’s moved out from his ma’s gaff in Harborne to his own place in Great Barr.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #367 on: July 23, 2018, 10:41:36 PM »

Under normal circumstances upwards revaluations don't create an income statement impact, but if it's a reversal of a previous downward revaluation then it might. I'm not close enough to the FFP regs to know if that's an allowable profit though.

The property is all contained within "Investment Property" and is recorded at Fair Value.  Any increases or decreases in value would hit the P&L.  The Fair Value in 2016 was £36.8m.  There was then impairment of £2.6m, taking the  fair value down to £34.2m at 31 May 17.  Unless there's been a dramatic change in something in 2018, I can't see why there'd suddenly be a huge upward shift in value?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #368 on: July 23, 2018, 10:47:39 PM »

How do you know that ?

Companies House

No that’s the bloke who was going to buy us from Doug. He’s moved out from his ma’s gaff in Harborne to his own place in Great Barr.

Michael Neville ?

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #369 on: July 23, 2018, 10:51:56 PM »

The property is all contained within "Investment Property" and is recorded at Fair Value.  Any increases or decreases in value would hit the P&L.  The Fair Value in 2016 was £36.8m.  There was then impairment of £2.6m, taking the  fair value down to £34.2m at 31 May 17.  Unless there's been a dramatic change in something in 2018, I can't see why there'd suddenly be a huge upward shift in value?

I have a property in my company that I rent out.  When I discuss its value every year my accountant  asks me has the value increased or not ?  To a certain degree I get the impression I can up it if I choose to ?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #370 on: July 23, 2018, 10:53:38 PM »

How do you know that ?

Companies House

I remember seeing that interview he gave outside his house in Dorridge. My main feeling was one of sinking realisation that he lived in the sort of house my parents could realistically afford.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #371 on: July 23, 2018, 10:57:27 PM »
Wasn't one of the reasons we lost so much, final PL season I think, to do with property values or am I imagining that?

Offline Risso

« Reply #372 on: July 23, 2018, 10:59:14 PM »

I have a property in my company that I rent out.  When I discuss its value every year my accountant  asks me has the value increased or not ?  To a certain degree I get the impression I can up it if I choose to ?

Fair Value has to be a realistic market value.  So investment property valuation is usually undertaken by a professional firm of surveyors for example.

Offline Risso

« Reply #373 on: July 23, 2018, 11:00:45 PM »
Wasn't one of the reasons we lost so much, final PL season I think, to do with property values or am I imagining that?

No, there was a big impairment review as the value of an asset is also based on its ability to generate a profit, so dropping a division played a big part in that. 

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #374 on: July 23, 2018, 11:07:12 PM »
I've just had a look at the Villa thread on that lot.com (easily the biggest thread on there, as you'd expect).

Jesus Christ, what a bunch of drooling morons.

Glad you've finally admitted it. But just to give it a bit more context, I'd argue that Leeds United are every bit as big as vile yet they didn't get this level of spawniness thoughout their last 15 years of struggle. If you're going by history, then both Sheffield clubs are arguably on a par too, yet they've endured decades of being shat on, including dropping into the third tier more than once. So to suggest that a "bigger club than Blues" can't be expected to drop neck deep into the brown stuff is simply not true, as demonstrated by that trio of Yorkshire clubs. You might add Sunderland to that list too. So it really wasn't the stuff of fantasy to hope vile would go the same way, but then of course they predictably found a way out of it before any of the fun could truly begin. Spawny bastards, as usual.

And that's nothing like the most witless post there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal