collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621630 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #331 on: July 23, 2018, 04:48:10 PM »
I see we've already paid off the mortgages we took out on the land...

How do you know that ?

Companies House
Not sure if I’m understanding these right, but it seems there was a mortgage against Villa Park?!

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #332 on: July 23, 2018, 05:09:33 PM »
I see we've already paid off the mortgages we took out on the land...

How do you know that ?

Companies House
Not sure if I’m understanding these right, but it seems there was a mortgage against Villa Park?!

And a few private dwellings as well.

Offline kipeye

« Reply #333 on: July 23, 2018, 05:34:54 PM »
Been away for a week-can someone bring me up to date or point to the page I need to go to? Ta.

Offline kipeye

« Reply #334 on: July 23, 2018, 05:48:06 PM »
OK-I found it. Another couple of billionaires-meh! So tedious I think I will become a Bluenose so that I can rely on my daily gloom being sustainable.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #335 on: July 23, 2018, 05:55:46 PM »
Paying off the mortgages is obviously good news but maybe does add some validity to what the guy from etorro was saying on talk sport today.

Basically we took a hit financially when we got relegated by devaluing our land and properties etc. He reckoned we could re appraise those values at a higher market value. Thus increasing our profitability and sustainability which is the EFL's version of what everyone is calling FFP.

Wouldn't be too much of a surprise to find the press etc had sensationalized our impending doom a bit. 

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #336 on: July 23, 2018, 06:03:52 PM »
Paying off the mortgages is obviously good news but maybe does add some validity to what the guy from etorro was saying on talk sport today.

Basically we took a hit financially when we got relegated by devaluing our land and properties etc. He reckoned we could re appraise those values at a higher market value. Thus increasing our profitability and sustainability which is the EFL's version of what everyone is calling FFP.

Wouldn't be too much of a surprise to find the press etc had sensationalized our impending doom a bit. 

The £40 million hole in FFP figure continues to be quoted by all and sundry without much basis.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #337 on: July 23, 2018, 06:15:34 PM »
This wouldn't have happened had we been promoted so missing out could actually turn out to have been a good thing long-term. 

a good point

UTV
The Doc

Was thinking the same thing myself.  And, have also thought had we not sold to Lerner in 2006 we could be where Man City are now and they where we are.
And if only that fucker Bruce had not scored those two fergie time goals😥

Offline murfee

• GM : 15.05.2015
« Reply #338 on: July 23, 2018, 06:28:14 PM »

Herein lies the truth. Its seems that Dr T was hiding behind ffp.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2018, 06:35:29 PM »
False dawn Number37.........

Who knows? I do know Xia could have sold us off entirely for a few quid in his pocket but didn't because he wanted to work with people to take the club forwards. I take that as a positive.

Are you saying he turned down an offer that would repay his costs in full plus some spare cash?  I don't see how that's possible....

I would think it far more likely that Xia needed to retain some equity in the hope of it gaining value to repay the debt to whoever funded his gamble.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2018, 06:41:07 PM »

The £40 million hole in FFP figure continues to be quoted by all and sundry without much basis.

If anyone wants to go over it again the assumptions/calculations were on the Swissramble twitter posts.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #341 on: July 23, 2018, 06:47:33 PM »

Herein lies the truth. Its seems that Dr T was hiding behind ffp.

He didn't lie about it, he said it was something we needed to deal with and that we'd need to do things differently going forward. What he didn't do was pass comment on the £40m figure that was being bandied about so the number just got accepted as definitive but it all seems to have come from 1 blog post.  I think not addressing that was almost certainly done to avoid tough questions though.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2018, 06:47:58 PM »

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #343 on: July 23, 2018, 06:56:35 PM »
Apparently, we now have the third richest owners in all English Football. Staggering wealth Sawiris and Edens have....

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #344 on: July 23, 2018, 06:58:17 PM »
It all feels too good to be true... who are the two richest then?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal