collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by LeeB
[Today at 09:40:54 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621585 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2018, 06:57:25 AM »
Not going to lie. Those articles gave me movement in my loins. Thanks Berneboy for expanding on that link for me. They both have immense and verified wealth and haven’t bought us to arse around in the Championship. I reckon Bruce could be toast next week, and if not next week soon after the season starts if we are not off to a hot start.

We need ruthless owners who want to win. The Man City approach being discussed earlier is what we need, a mix of smart people being brought in to run us like a proper business. Right people in the required roles; a defined strategy with well thought through tactics.

Whisper it but I reckon this lot will be alright.

Bruce is going nowhere mind.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2018, 06:58:39 AM »
And owners who can tell the difference between a good decision and a bad one.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2018, 07:10:37 AM »

They want to run it as a business with a bit of speculate to accumulate in the event of promotion (whilst using their contacts to give us the best chance of going up). I can live with that.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2018, 07:29:36 AM »
False dawn Number37.........

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2018, 07:33:59 AM »

They want to run it as a business with a bit of speculate to accumulate in the event of promotion (whilst using their contacts to give us the best chance of going up). I can live with that.

Do you know their thoughts on infrastructure and/or the youth system Chelts? I believe that kind of spending is exempt from FFP.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #290 on: July 23, 2018, 07:35:57 AM »
False dawn Number37.........

Who knows? I do know Xia could have sold us off entirely for a few quid in his pocket but didn't because he wanted to work with people to take the club forwards. I take that as a positive.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #291 on: July 23, 2018, 07:40:10 AM »

Do you know their thoughts on infrastructure and/or the youth system Chelts? I believe that kind of spending is exempt from FFP.

Not a Scooby. On detailed plans anyway. They want us to be self sufficient but cleverer on maximising our commercial opportunities. The kids should be the heartbeat of that is very much the view though.

The Yank is genuinely agog at the potential to develop your own players (and from across the world) and has been itching to get involved with sorting an Academy model that does just that, for a long time.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2018, 08:13:35 AM »

Not a Scooby. On detailed plans anyway. They want us to be self sufficient but cleverer on maximising our commercial opportunities. The kids should be the heartbeat of that is very much the view though.

The Yank is genuinely agog at the potential to develop your own players (and from across the world) and has been itching to get involved with sorting an Academy model that does just that, for a long time.

Cheers.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2018, 08:23:45 AM »
From what I've been reading about Sawiris and Edens, they and Bruce don't seem like a match. Losing a manager so close to the season's kickoff is not ideal as we found out to our cost with that prat MON. I want Bruce gone but I can see the new owners starting the new season with him to minimise disruption. 6 games is all I'd give him and if he starts slowly again I would expect our new owners to do what Xia should have done last season and bin him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #294 on: July 23, 2018, 10:06:07 AM »
How would getting rid of him 6 games in be less disruptive than getting rid of him now?!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #295 on: July 23, 2018, 10:18:54 AM »
I wouldn't get rid of him. There's no point. If we were to have, the time would have been just before 7pm on 26th May.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2018, 10:39:45 AM »
From what I've been reading about Sawiris and Edens, they and Bruce don't seem like a match. Losing a manager so close to the season's kickoff is not ideal as we found out to our cost with that prat MON. I want Bruce gone but I can see the new owners starting the new season with him to minimise disruption. 6 games is all I'd give him and if he starts slowly again I would expect our new owners to do what Xia should have done last season and bin him.

Depends on their plans and the timeframe they have in mind I suppose.  If they see promotion as a realistic target for the coming season, then I can see the logic in keeping Bruce in place and seeing how he does.  If there is a longer term plan in place for promotion and this season is viewed as an opportunity to start putting things in place, then I suppose it could be argued that it wouldn't matter too much if Bruce went now really.

Offline mike

« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2018, 10:55:49 AM »
I always think it's unfair to give a manager a few games then sack him, but in this case, we won't be ready for the season if we sack him now, so I would let him start the season and then boot him out at a time to suit us unless he makes himself unsackable. Edit - Presuming we can afford to without falling foul of FFP.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:59:32 AM by mike »

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2018, 11:02:15 AM »
How would getting rid of him 6 games in be less disruptive than getting rid of him now?!

It would be as disruptive but it would give them around 2 months to assess the right appointment. With the season start being so close, the availability  issue is probably the same. You would like to think that money will talk in being able to get the right manager during the season. The most important thing is to get the right manager that fits with the plan, however long it takes. They should be assessing it from now.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2018, 11:13:08 AM »
I think we should stick with Bruce for now with time so short to the big kick-off. A terrible close season after Wembley. Xia just about saved the club in time with the new investors. The guy is a gambler. If they change Manager, Dean Smith would be a better choice than Thierry Henry. At least he knows this league.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal