collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621770 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2018, 10:51:59 AM »
I would like to know Howard Hodgson’s take on this after all he obviously facilitated it.

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2018, 10:57:49 AM »
So we now have three extremely wealthy individuals and supposedly successful businessman on the board.  If we can navigate our way through the FFP landmines then surely we can’t fuck this up again.  Could we?

That Sunday Times article makes a very pleasing read after the turmultous couple of months we’ve just had.  I just hope Sawiris and Eden use their business and sporting nous to weed out the rot that is inevitably rooted itself at the club.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:00:33 AM by Zouch Villa »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2018, 11:08:09 AM »
Has anyone seen if their shoes are any good?

Jeffery Wests or they can GTFO.

Online cdward

« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2018, 11:11:06 AM »
That Times article is an interesting read, but is there any official communication from this NSWE group spelling out what they will do with Villa, or us it all just guesswork at this point.
I’m not saying I want a Man City type of approach, but after the last few weeks and years, I find it hard to get excited about new owners until they show  their  true colors.

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2018, 11:23:32 AM »
I would like to know Howard Hodgson’s take on this after all he obviously facilitated it.

Check his twitter account

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2018, 11:45:01 AM »
That Times article is an interesting read, but is there any official communication from this NSWE group spelling out what they will do with Villa, or us it all just guesswork at this point.
I’m not saying I want a Man City type of approach, but after the last few weeks and years, I find it hard to get excited about new owners until they show  their  true colors.

If they were making big detailed statements two days after buying into the club it would make me nervous.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2018, 11:45:46 AM »
Edens has just given his star basketball player a new four year £75 million/£366,000 a week contract. I bet our Jack's eyes lit up when he read that.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2018, 11:54:44 AM »
Our last two owners have to a large extent bought into, the get the club to the top quick schemes, and have been very reliant on the Manager for their football advice. When you think of the no marks we have had here, since pube head did one, it is not very surprising we found ourselves where we are at the moment.
Lerner to start with and Xia seemed to think keep in contact with the supporters, Krulak and Dr No on twitter, it will be fine, but still only telling us what they want to hear, i.e. Dr No and Wyness plan B.
I hope our new owners set the framework up correctly and if I do not see either off them on Twitter, twatter or whatever, that will be fine with me. Any required statements come out of the Media side of Villa park, not some sodomite and emoji crap we have had to put up with and only inform us when it requires us to know.

I agree but you can have the best framework and Football structures in the world but the whole thing lives or dies depending on who the manager is

Man Utd are the biggest footballing global brand but it was only built to the size it is now on what Fergie was doing on the training pitch

the manager is the single most important person at any Football club
until you get that right you are heading nowhere

I am speaking from hindsight and also being a hypocrite as I was underwhelmed when we appointed Houllier and stayed underwhelmed throughout his time at the club and was happy when he left. But if we thought it had started going wrong when MON left then when McLeish replaced Houllier was when it really went tits up.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #218 on: July 22, 2018, 11:59:27 AM »
So, do they each own 27.5% ie through their separate companies as I'm inferring from that article or do they own a business together, NSWE, which now owns 55% of the Villa and, crucially, a controlling amount?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »
From the AVST:

Members and supporters will no doubt be delighted to hear of the 55% investment made by Messrs Sawiris and Edens. This appears to have resolved the short-term funding issue faced by our football club.

Whilst it is acknowledged that the last two weeks must have been difficult for senior people at the club, it is disappointing that they did not respond to our request for a meeting.

Accordingly, we have repeated that request and are hopeful that on this occasion we will be able to effect a meeting to discuss the way forward. It is encouraging that in the Press Release it was stated that the owners are stewards of Aston Villa Football Club on behalf of the fans.

The new investment does not mean that there is a licence to spend money (FFP restricts that) but there must be a desire to have a period of stability and financial prudence under wise and experienced leadership. We will press for that.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2018, 12:11:38 PM »
From the AVST:

Members and supporters will no doubt be delighted to hear of the 55% investment made by Messrs Sawiris and Edens. This appears to have resolved the short-term funding issue faced by our football club.

Whilst it is acknowledged that the last two weeks must have been difficult for senior people at the club, it is disappointing that they did not respond to our request for a meeting.

Accordingly, we have repeated that request and are hopeful that on this occasion we will be able to effect a meeting to discuss the way forward. It is encouraging that in the Press Release it was stated that the owners are stewards of Aston Villa Football Club on behalf of the fans.

The new investment does not mean that there is a licence to spend money (FFP restricts that) but there must be a desire to have a period of stability and financial prudence under wise and experienced leadership. We will press for that.

That sounds like something my parish council would put out.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #221 on: July 22, 2018, 12:14:42 PM »

Aboard the good ship lollipop.

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2018, 12:34:04 PM »
From what I have read about Edens and the Milwaukee Bucks he seems to have invested wisely, supporting and improving the club. I haven’t read about much (if any) fan decent ... remember Lerner and the Cleveland Browns - cautiously optimistic about all this.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #223 on: July 22, 2018, 12:37:35 PM »

I’m not saying I want a Man City type of approach,

I am.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #224 on: July 22, 2018, 12:39:46 PM »
Me too.