collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 653404 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2018, 10:46:25 AM »
Cortese, I think?

It's not fair on Blose - how come we always seem to get big investment from somewhere at the 11th hour? Just doesn't seem right - they even carry the name of the city, unlike crappy little Aston.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2018, 10:53:16 AM »
Edit: Quoting the Sun is not a good move!

Anyway yeah it's Nicola Cortese and there's some good interviews on him. Dosen't seem like he's been involved in football since January 2014 when he left.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2018, 11:16:52 AM »
Just reading this now- is this all a dream ?

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2018, 11:22:46 AM »
Nerd a
The new owners are already identified by the letters NSWE.  As you walk up Trinity Road look up at the spire of Holy Trinity church.  A cock of the walk on the very top surmounting the letters NSWE.

It has to be an omen.

Praise be: it's a sign!

ps I hope you'll be out & about today collecting shoes, Brian. You KNOW it makes sense. ;)
Lets hope it's not all in vane :) ( I know the spelling is different but a pun is a pun!)

Good work, Sir. I can see this thread is now heading in the right direction.  8)
Honestly, some of you just go whichever way the wind is blowing

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2018, 11:32:50 AM »
And we won't be in need of any pointers in the team either

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2018, 11:37:08 AM »
One of the by products of this latest ‘investment’ HAS to be a massive lift it will have given to the club and hopefully the players.

The turmoil of the last couple of months must have had an impact on the daily goings on at the club, you only have to look at the doom and gloom amongst fans to see how devastating the whole financial situation has been.

But, a gigantic millstone has now been lifted from the club.

I hope that now the players take this new positivity into the new season, knowing that the good times really could be just around the corner.

They have all to play for, with no distractions.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #156 on: July 21, 2018, 12:33:36 PM »
Just reading this now- is this all a dream ?
Nope. All our troubles appear to be over. 😀

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #157 on: July 21, 2018, 12:48:04 PM »
do people on here think it's just a face saving deal for dr Tony and he will gradually be moved out in some sort of dignified manner with the two main boys taking over completely in time

it comes over that way to me at the moment but I'm not sure I'm right

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2018, 12:51:35 PM »
Too Big To Fail.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2018, 01:06:07 PM »
do people on here think it's just a face saving deal for dr Tony and he will gradually be moved out in some sort of dignified manner with the two main boys taking over completely in time

Everything points to that - From Wyness's drunken tweet to the reports in the mail.

A complete takeover probably takes months, not weeks so given the crisis point that the club were at, the only feasible way to get new investment in, in time would have been what we've seen, ie a majority shareholding now and full takeover at some point in the future (most likely within the next 12 months).

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2018, 01:37:28 PM »

Everything points to that - From Wyness's drunken tweet to the reports in the mail.

A complete takeover probably takes months, not weeks so given the crisis point that the club were at, the only feasible way to get new investment in, in time would have been what we've seen, ie a majority shareholding now and full takeover at some point in the future (most likely within the next 12 months).

I hope not.  For all the mistakes Xia has made over the past twenty-four months I still feel he could have much to offer the new boardroom in terms of his enthusiasm and energy.  Looking into the businesses of the two new guys, there is much overlap in terms of the industries in which all three operate so it wouldn't surprise me if Tony sticks around as a junior partner in the ownership group.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:23:14 PM by Billy Walker »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #161 on: July 21, 2018, 01:44:17 PM »
What hasn’t been spoken about is that as much as Xia has a lot to do with the financial problems his business connections may very well have helped save the club. We’ve all seen him presenting at conferences or networking in various parts of the world. Billionaires like these two don’t appear on everyone’s contact list so whatever role Xia played in getting these two in he should be commended for doing so.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2018, 01:58:08 PM »
Booked my ticket for Wigan. Bring it on! UTV

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2018, 02:10:48 PM »
It is only intuition but I can see Tony Xia contributing to our rise in the medium term. The business community in China is hunkering down for a trade war with Trump.  The trap door that was the play off final could not have occurred at a worse time for Xia.  I think he has ridden out the worst of the financial firestorm competently.  I judge that his financial circumstances will improve and permit him to involve himself with Villa, for whom I believe he has genuine attachment.

My view is that the debacle of Trump in Europe, Trump and NATO, Trump in Helsinki puts him on the brink of impeachment.  The spectre of a trade war will subside allowing Tony Xia and entrepreurs like him to return to a more favourable commercial climate.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2018, 02:12:56 PM »
There's no way a Republican-dominated Congress will vote to impeach a Republican President.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal