collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621705 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2018, 10:48:56 PM »
If they're a source of money, they must make money. If we're making money, we're in the Premier League.

Offline MorrisNielson

« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2018, 10:50:16 PM »
New money coming into club can only be good news.

Just a thought, didn't Tone state that he had converted some debt into equity.
So would this debt be sucked up with these new chaps coming in, thus improving our book keeping?

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2018, 11:11:33 PM »
So our new invester made his money from fertilizer... Something to remember should it all go to shit.

I sell fertiliser in Egypt too, not quite as much evidently!

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2018, 11:47:12 PM »
I am absolutely thrilled by this. Have high hopes and a naive dream we can still find a way round FFP and keeping JG & JC. My only balancing comment would be this I discovered from the Cairo Post in 2014. May not mean anything other than a business liability pushed to the limit, no idea if or how it was resolved:

CAIRO: Egyptian billionaire businessman Nassef Onsi Sawiris was handed a primary judicial ruling to a three-year sentence and a fine of 50 million EGP (US $6.99 million) for refraining from paying checks to the Egyptian Tax Authority, Al-Ahram quoted Reuters.

Sawiris, the CEO of Orascom Construction Industries Company, is the youngest brother to the two famous tycoons; Naguib and Samih.

Al-Ahram reported that Orascom Company reached a deal with the Egyptian Tax Authority to settle a tax dispute, where the agreement then stipulated that the company pays 7.1 billion EGP in installments.

Although Orascom had already paid two batches worth 2.5 Billion EGP, it didn’t pay the rest of the scheduled installments since the ouster of former President Mohamed Morsi in July 3, 2013.

Nassef Sawiris was ranked the 183th richest person in the world and fourth in Africa in 2014, his net worth was estimated by Forbes to be $7.3 billion.

If you want to know what's going on down the Villa, ask a bluenose.

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2018, 11:53:17 PM »
I am absolutely thrilled by this. Have high hopes and a naive dream we can still find a way round FFP and keeping JG & JC. My only balancing comment would be this I discovered from the Cairo Post in 2014. May not mean anything other than a business liability pushed to the limit, no idea if or how it was resolved:

CAIRO: Egyptian billionaire businessman Nassef Onsi Sawiris was handed a primary judicial ruling to a three-year sentence and a fine of 50 million EGP (US $6.99 million) for refraining from paying checks to the Egyptian Tax Authority, Al-Ahram quoted Reuters.

Sawiris, the CEO of Orascom Construction Industries Company, is the youngest brother to the two famous tycoons; Naguib and Samih.

Al-Ahram reported that Orascom Company reached a deal with the Egyptian Tax Authority to settle a tax dispute, where the agreement then stipulated that the company pays 7.1 billion EGP in installments.

Although Orascom had already paid two batches worth 2.5 Billion EGP, it didn’t pay the rest of the scheduled installments since the ouster of former President Mohamed Morsi in July 3, 2013.

Nassef Sawiris was ranked the 183th richest person in the world and fourth in Africa in 2014, his net worth was estimated by Forbes to be $7.3 billion.

If you want to know what's going on down the Villa, ask a bluenose.

You talking about me?! Read my post history over x years - don’t post often but always through claret & blue eyes - very disappointed with that reaction. Was simply sharing what I had seen. If you bothered to look beyond that post you will see I then responded with relief when there was a subsequent report posted that showed the ruling had been overturned 😡

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2018, 11:54:32 PM »
I don't think he was referring to you.

Offline A Northern Soul

• Xxx
  • GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2018, 12:03:14 AM »

Hope not. Been quite a day and didn’t want it ended by becoming a Nose 😊

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2018, 01:16:39 AM »

Hope not. Been quite a day and didn’t want it ended by becoming a Nose 😊

No, it's just a general rule of thumb.

On a side notr, I was working again yesterday with my little bluenose mate who has loved the last couple of months, but believes every bit of transfer tatyle.

'Have you seen your new transfer"

"No, whos that

"Embargo"

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2018, 07:00:48 AM »
Nerd alert.

The new owners are already identified by the letters NSWE.  As you walk up Trinity Road look up at the spire of Holy Trinity church.  A cock of the walk on the very top surmounting the letters NSWE.

It has to be an omen.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2018, 07:04:57 AM »
They do look like the real deal and have experience in all areas we need. How they deal with FFP will be interesting. The season may still be a struggle but at least we can look forward rather than worrying about the very existence of the club.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2018, 07:35:13 AM »
So regarding ffp can we just rename the stadium? At this point im not bothered. I'll always call it Villa park

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2018, 08:15:29 AM »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:17:00 AM by MalcolmP »

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2018, 08:19:22 AM »
This must have been in the pipeline for weeks!

I want a new head coach. A new youth team coach both playing the exact same style with The exact same philosophy so players from the kid through to the first team play exactly the same way! Including formation. I also likr the thought that should the manager leave the youth team manager coukd step in and in turn be replaced as the youth team manager. Constant plan in place from the bottom up with 1 philosophy and 1 direction clearly laid out by the owners.

This could become a reality and I hope it does
Gareth Southgate for new head coach?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2018, 08:34:45 AM »
Well the new owners have Howard Hodgson’s blessing, so it must be a good thing.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2018, 08:37:21 AM »
So regarding ffp can we just rename the stadium? At this point im not bothered. I'll always call it Villa park

Yes we could, but it would have to be at a market rate. What that is, is clearly subjective. But given Villa Park is a lot football fans favourite ground, is the best traditional football stadia in English football, has been sporting Villa Park since 1897 etc etc, it's less likely that a complete name change would be of significant value. Something at Villa Park may have more value; "ADIDAS at Villa Park" but we are probably talking £3m maximum.

In our favour is that we're the most media exposed club in our league, which has a significant emerging market in China.

But the Etihad deal was cart before the horse. Man City could certainly dictate the cost of sponsorship now, but the market value test is designed to avoid a leg up.

That said, look at the vast array of sponsorship and commercial relations that the Champions League clubs have.

There's nothing to stop us having an official fertilizer partnership or the such like.

The fact is we need to increase commercial revenue and that's sponsorship and also bums on seats. We'd be £7m better off a season if we could get more folk off their backside and filling B6.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal