collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621636 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2018, 08:00:06 PM »
Board Members

Executive Chairman   Nassef Sawiris
Co-Chairman   Wes Edens
Co-Chairman
Dr Tony Xia
Advisor to the Board
Brian Little

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2018, 08:00:34 PM »
This can only be good news.

However let's hope these guys ideas for moving forward revolve around more than just spending 40-50m on 29 year olds next summer.

Hopefully they can look at a club like Southampton and how they were rebuilt from on their knees to a relatively stable premier league club that promotes youth and scouts well.

I guess we can spend a bit in January now?

Don't know if the new owners rate Steve Bruce or not but would imagine his brief will be to keep us competitive in the top half up to January and then we'll strengthen in that window with SB or another manager.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2018, 08:02:19 PM »
Welcome.
Question number 1. Is there anyway a solution can be found that prevents us selling our best players?

Not Jack, no. But we don't have to cull the rest.
What about Bruce Chelts?

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2018, 08:03:31 PM »
Some one a couple of pages back mentioned selling the stadium naming rights as a way of helping us out with FFP.
I could live with that as long as it's a company with strong local ties and a few million quid to spend.
Jaguar Land Rover Villa Park anyone?

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2018, 08:07:15 PM »

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2018, 08:08:47 PM »
Welcome.
Question number 1. Is there anyway a solution can be found that prevents us selling our best players?

What about Bruce Chelts?

No intent to change the manager.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2018, 08:09:33 PM »
Welcome.

What about Bruce Chelts?

No intent to change the manager.

They can feck right orf then.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2018, 08:10:48 PM »
Oh ffs here we go again!

Someone take this dinosaur off our hands

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2018, 08:12:52 PM »
I can honestly see it SB keeping us 8-10th up to xmas and then new guys will bring in their new manager around that time.

Guess they've looked at it now as too close to the season to make a change which is a view I wouldn't disagree with.

There will be a new manager eventually as that's what happens with 95% of new owners, they want their own man in. Just need to get the time right.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2018, 08:18:40 PM »
I would imagine they have put a downpayment, at a discount, into the club to stabilise it , take a good look at what they have bought into over the coming months and take it from there, paying off Dr Tony when they decide that it's a goer.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2018, 08:19:12 PM »
IIRC Man city got done on FFP breaches and were handed 2 punishments. A one man reduction in thier Chumps league squad down to 24 from 25 and a fine of (I think) £50m which they duly paid as let's face it it is only like them buying a squad player.
So if the EFL have approved our new billionaires how much would the fine be and can we not take the fine and pay it?

Eitherway it's a great day. Aston villa will always be wanted

Can't really compare us to Man. City anymore I'm afraid.

In last two years Forest, Bolton and Blackburn all went over FFP and they were all given transfer embargos for periods of time so were reduced to signing out of contract players.

SHA currently also have transfer restrictions as they couldn't register their new signing last week.

Now we have fresh capital the last thing we need is ignoring this and being banned from transfers in January when we might be in o.k position to challenge for top 6.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »
This must have been in the pipeline for weeks!

I want a new head coach. A new youth team coach both playing the exact same style with The exact same philosophy so players from the kid through to the first team play exactly the same way! Including formation. I also likr the thought that should the manager leave the youth team manager coukd step in and in turn be replaced as the youth team manager. Constant plan in place from the bottom up with 1 philosophy and 1 direction clearly laid out by the owners.

This could become a reality and I hope it does

I agree

Just not sure trying to sort that two weeks before the season starts is sensible

For me the plan this year remains stabilisation and blood the kids

Then next year ffp will be much easier and we can implement a proper plan, with a clear vision

If the right manager lands in our lap in the meantime id take it but they'll be in short supply

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2018, 08:24:03 PM »
This must have been in the pipeline for weeks!

I want a new head coach. A new youth team coach both playing the exact same style with The exact same philosophy so players from the kid through to the first team play exactly the same way! Including formation. I also likr the thought that should the manager leave the youth team manager coukd step in and in turn be replaced as the youth team manager. Constant plan in place from the bottom up with 1 philosophy and 1 direction clearly laid out by the owners.

This could become a reality and I hope it does

I agree

Just not sure trying to sort that two weeks before the season starts is sensible

For me the plan this year remains stabilisation and blood the kids

Then next year ffp will be much easier and we can implement a proper plan, with a clear vision

If the right manager lands in our lap in the meantime id take it but they'll be in short supply
Hopefully with Jack on board :-\

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2018, 08:24:26 PM »
Reading up on Wes Edens, he has some history of turning around an ailing sports club and turning them into competitors at the top level. Hope he can do the same at the Villa.

Most pleasing thing for me is one of the guys at least has good experience of running a sports team.

According to the website though looks like Nas is the main man.

My one word of caution would be we have two new figureheads wanting to make decisions and also Xia still lurking around like a sulking kid so let's hope we can get agreement on the major decisions.

I still remember all the chaos Hicks and Gillett caused at Liverpool by not even speaking to each other at the end so whole club was in limbo.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2018, 08:26:16 PM »
Some one a couple of pages back mentioned selling the stadium naming rights as a way of helping us out with FFP.
I could live with that as long as it's a company with strong local ties and a few million quid to spend.
Jaguar Land Rover Villa Park anyone?

Its something that could be looked at but deals like that must represent fair market value.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal