collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 09:51:04 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by LeeB
[Today at 09:50:04 AM]

Re: FFP by oldtimernow
[Today at 09:47:59 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 09:45:57 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reserves, Academy and Ladies 2018-19  (Read 63866 times)

Offline dcdavecollett

Re: Reserves, Academy and Ladies 2018-19
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2018, 08:37:56 PM »
Lovely chipped pass from Jack Clarke to set up the winner last night. This lad looks like a really good player.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2018, 10:24:15 PM »
Thanks Larry. You've got me wondering about who's been hyped that might not be as good as they're meant to be. RHM perhaps?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2018, 06:05:11 PM »
Lovely chipped pass from Jack Clarke to set up the winner last night. This lad looks like a really good player.

He's my favourite player in our U23s. I like him because he has that quality of always looking like he has time and space, if he can do that at senior level then he'll be a very good player. Aside from that he has all the technical skills you'd expect from a young central midfielder and seems to have a good work ethic as well.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2018, 06:45:35 PM »
Hi Paul_e.

He had one super run, beating three defenders in the first half but couldn't quite get the ball away under pressure.

Quite brilliant -a shame he doesn't have too much pace.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2018, 11:10:56 PM »
Villa U23 beat Southampton 2-1 at Villa Park tonight ,coming from behind to a own goal with goals from RHM and Jack Clarke . Must admit i was surprised to see they actually played with the first team playing at the Albion

Offline Larry Duff

« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2018, 07:36:54 PM »
We beat Southampton 2-1 last night at Villa Park.  I wasn't at the game for obvious reasons but a late RHM winner after going behind.
I went to Bodymore this morning and witnessed a fantastic U18 Cup Tie against Derby.  We lost 4-2 against a full strength Derby who have been flying in the Northern section this season.
Our Team was much changed as we have the FA Youth Cup 3rd Round game against Swansea at Villa Park on Tuesday night.  At this level age makes a lot of difference and The Rams threatened to take us apart and scored three early goals.  Villa hung in and got back into the game with a Ben Guy goal.
Second half was a different story with us getting on top and a great move involving Aaron Presley (son of Steven)
sent Charlie Farr down the right wing to pick out Michael Tate to score a second goal and put us right back in the game.
Chances at both ends and the game became quite feisty but 2 minutes from the end Derby scored a fourth goal to finally end our comeback.
Very entertaining morning.
Now my usual moan.  This game was not advertised on the Official Website and Tuesdays game has had no mention either. Also we have been drawn away in the Birmingham Senior Cup at Hednesford but again nothing on our website.
Tuesday will be a big night for our youngsters so a good crowd at Villa Park would be great.

Offline Larry Duff

« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2018, 08:00:11 PM »
In answer to OCD I think Hepburn Murphy is a good prospect.  I wasn't initially sold on him as he can be a bit Head down but He has some good strengths, one of which is scoring goals when not playing that well.

It is more that people like Suliman is touted as a prospect when I can't see it.  Also Fonzy was touted as the new Drogba by an ex poster on here.  I loved his posts but it made me doubt if He was ever at Bodymore actually watching him.
Over the years it is usually players we have signed from abroad that get the "Going to be great" treatment because it is a bit glamorous to have a Spanish Midfielder.  In the flesh the local lads are just as good and often better.

Paul_e has picked out Jack Clarke.  He is one of my favourite players and improved enormously in his first year as a YTS.  I just hope his lack of pace doesn't hold him back.
Best current U18s in my opinion would be Jake Walker, Dominic Revan, Lewis Brunt and Jay Ramsey.   

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2018, 08:14:45 PM »
It was Jack Clarke who scored the winner last night against the saints Larry RHM scored the first .The coverage of the U23/U18  leaves a lot to be desired There has been no coverage of last nights game ,i managed to follow the game on the Saints Twitter page and they showed all the highlights I have no idea what the full Villa team was ,from what i could see i know Sarkic Bedeau Clarke and HMB played

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2018, 10:57:47 PM »
Academy League Today.
Villa 5 - 1 Southampton.
Good performance this morning from the Youth Team.
Lewis Brunt was fouled just inside the area in the first minute to give us a Penalty which Colin Oduteo put away confidently.  On 3 minutes Brunt scored with a Left footed shot from outside the area to make it 2-0.
On 10 minutes Jacob Ramsey made it 3-0 with Villa playing some fantastic football and totally dominant.
Unfortunately Brunt, who had made a great start, suffered what looked like an ankle injury at this stage and had to be replaced by Indianna Vasilev.
Villa continued their domination and were awarded a second penalty after half an hour which Wright dispatched confidently.
4-0 at half time but Saints scored with a free kick early in the second half and the game became much more even
With ten minutes remaining a great through ball from Substitute Ben Guy enabled Oduteo to take round the keeper and roll into the empty net for a fifth Villa goal.

Outstanding performances from Ethan Patterson at the back, the always excellent Jake Walker playing in midfield instead of his U23 possition at Right Back and Jay Ramsey.  After signing his first Professional contract this week Lewis Brunt started the game brilliantly so hopefully his injury won't be too bad.
Team was:  GK ?
Burton - Ige - Patterson - Conky
 Ramsey - Walker - Brunt
Wright - Cam Archer - Oduteo
Subs Vaselev for Brunt
Presley for Archer
Guy for Wright.

We are at home to Swansea in the FA Youth Cup early in December.

Why didn’t Oduteo take the (second) penalty?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »
How did Cam do? I've seen the Swansea game and his goal as well as the ones he scored against Newton Heath.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2018, 06:46:10 PM »
U18s FA Youth Cup v Swansea City on Tuesday. 7pm KO. Pay on gate. Cam should be playing.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2018, 03:29:22 PM »
U18s FA Youth Cup v Swansea City on Tuesday. 7pm KO. Pay on gate. Cam should be playing.
Thanks Legion, I searched the Official Site for this...It is still Villa Park I hope.

Offline Scratchins

« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2018, 03:33:51 PM »
Thanks Legion, I searched the Official Site for this...It is still Villa Park I hope.
I didn't look properly, I'm searching for the game tomorrow.

Offline Scratchins

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »
I phoned the club. FA Youth Cup. 7pm Tuesday 11th, Villa Park.

Offline Scratchins

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2018, 03:50:09 PM »
I phoned the club. FA Youth Cup. 7pm Tuesday 11th, Villa Park.

Ignore me, having a senior moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal