collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Gerard Houllier by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:14:42 AM]

Re: Gerard Houllier by olaftab
[Today at 12:09:27 AM]

Re: Guess The Crowd 7: Villa v Newcastle United Monday 25th November! by lennythekad
[November 16, 2019, 11:55:56 PM]

Re: Gerard Houllier by BC Villain
[November 16, 2019, 11:52:27 PM]

Re: What the Villa Are Still Capable of doing to me.... by West Derby Villan
[November 16, 2019, 11:38:41 PM]

Re: John McGinn - signed by West Derby Villan
[November 16, 2019, 11:31:17 PM]

Re: Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble by West Derby Villan
[November 16, 2019, 11:26:34 PM]

Re: What the Villa Are Still Capable of doing to me.... by kippaxvilla2
[November 16, 2019, 11:15:10 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2018/19  (Read 397514 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Other Games - 2018/19
« Reply #7260 on: May 19, 2019, 05:06:37 PM »
I find my hatred being spread in unusual directions these days.

Could no longer give a fuck about teams like West Ham and Newcastle, but find myself despising Bristol City and disliking Wolves. Teams I had never previously given a second thought to.

I'm not mad on Man City, and like many (most?) on here I can't stand their owners. But the media doesn't kiss their arse like they do certain London/Merseyside clubs and I still virtually never bump into a glory-hunting Man City fan. Though I'm sure that will change if their success continues.

Maybe my view will change, but I still really can't be arsed to hate them. I also gain some pleasure in thinking how much their success annoys Man U fans, and realise that without them we would now be subject to a round-the-clock media redout of endless Liverpool propaganda.

I still fucking despise Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham and have added Arsenal to the list after they surrendered in a cup final against them and swathes of their "supporters" couldn't even be arsed to stay and see their team lift the FA Cup Final after they beat us. The twats.

Oh, and fuck "Rangers", Leeds, Luton, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Beitar Jerusalem, Juventus, Small Heath and Queen's Park, too.

And Hearts.

And Hibs.....

I think we're going to fall out.

We already had when you added Hearts to the list. 😜 my Grandad was a Hearts season ticket holder in the 40s-60s so I keep an eye on their results. Iím still not over Dens Park in 86 and that twunt Albert Kidd.

Ahem, that's Sir Albert Kidd to you. Wink.

Offline HoratioHornblower

« Reply #7261 on: May 19, 2019, 05:09:54 PM »
Unfortunately, it looks like ill be cheering on the grey and green hoops next weekend. I've a season ticket for Pittodrie and watch Aberdeen when it doesn't clash with a Villa match;need celtic to win for us to qualify for Europe.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #7262 on: May 19, 2019, 08:03:15 PM »
What ever happened to the investigation over the blues steward?

Blues have framed his hi-viz and placed it in their hall of fame, in between Josť Dominguez's signed Portugal shirt and a blown up photo of Robert Hopkins offering out a pub bouncer in Solihull.

Robert Hopkins used to sit at the end of the bar and drink on his own in Rosies bar in Solihull back in the nineties. He always looked hammered but he didn't seem capable of standing up and speaking, let alone offering anyone out. I used to nod at him when I went up to the bar and I think he used to nod back or he might have just been nodding off.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #7263 on: May 19, 2019, 08:11:35 PM »

Could no longer give a fuck about teams like West Ham and Newcastle, but find myself despising Bristol City and disliking Wolves. Teams I had never previously given a second thought to.

I'm not mad on Man City, and like many (most?) on here I can't stand their owners. But the media doesn't kiss their arse like they do certain London/Merseyside clubs and I still virtually never bump into a glory-hunting Man City fan. Though I'm sure that will change if their success continues.

Maybe my view will change, but I still really can't be arsed to hate them. I also gain some pleasure in thinking how much their success annoys Man U fans, and realise that without them we would now be subject to a round-the-clock media redout of endless Liverpool propaganda.

I still fucking despise Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham and have added Arsenal to the list after they surrendered in a cup final against them and swathes of their "supporters" couldn't even be arsed to stay and see their team lift the FA Cup Final after they beat us. The twats.

Oh, and fuck "Rangers", Leeds, Luton, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Beitar Jerusalem, Juventus, Small Heath and Queen's Park, too.

I have always quite liked Manchester City. Good away days on the old Platt Lane bench seats and the banner they unfurled at Villa Park in 1993, not to mention Keith Curle giving us a hand and a one goal lead. Plus they aren't Manchester United and it must kill the Manure fans how far behind City and Liverpool they are at the moment. Small Heath and Manure are the two teams I dislike most. Followed by Albion and Liverpool. I have never really had a problem with Arsenal or Spurs either. We did quite well at both grounds for a while and Highbury was my favourite away ground to visit.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7264 on: May 19, 2019, 08:20:33 PM »

I have always quite liked Manchester City. Good away days on the old Platt Lane bench seats and the banner they unfurled at Villa Park in 1993, not to mention Keith Curle giving us a hand and a one goal lead. Plus they aren't Manchester United and it must kill the Manure fans how far behind City and Liverpool they are at the moment. Small Heath and Manure are the two teams I dislike most. Followed by Albion and Liverpool. I have never really had a problem with Arsenal or Spurs either. We did quite well at both grounds for a while and Highbury was my favourite away ground to visit.

I always think of Spurs as North London's Blues, so you can imagine how recent seasons refuse to compute for me. Of all the 'top six', I can live with Arsenal. I have no issue with Man. City other than, as Monty has already said, them being bankrolled by the worst people in the world.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #7265 on: May 19, 2019, 08:22:11 PM »
We need to revive that thread listing all 91 other clubs and a reason to hate each one.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #7266 on: May 19, 2019, 08:24:41 PM »
Can someone remind me of the banner 1993

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #7267 on: May 19, 2019, 08:27:15 PM »
Always remember Spurs trying a little too hard at Villa Park when we finished runners up. Never forgiven them. Citeh I don't mind...always felt sorry for their fans having to share a city with that shower of shite.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #7268 on: May 19, 2019, 08:27:55 PM »

They unfurled a big 'GOOD LUCK VILLA FROM THE CITY OF MANCHESTER' in the lower North Stand away section during our title run in with Manure.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #7269 on: May 19, 2019, 08:29:28 PM »

They unfurled a big 'GOOD LUCK VILLA FROM THE CITY OF MANCHESTER' in the lower North Stand away section during our title run in with Manure.
Thanks, pretty sure I was there.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #7270 on: May 19, 2019, 08:34:11 PM »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 15.06.2020
« Reply #7271 on: May 19, 2019, 08:51:14 PM »
Peter Reid was still playing in 1993?!

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 23.01.2020
« Reply #7272 on: May 19, 2019, 10:38:55 PM »
Hibs have made a more positive contribution to our history, off the top of my head. Bremner, Cropley, SJM. Sure we must have got some good players off Hearts too but I've forgotten them all.

Alex Massie would be about the most famous player we purchased from Hearts.  Didn't Enkleman go there?

And Willie Hamilton links Hibs, Hearts and Villa (65-67).

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 03.03.2017
« Reply #7273 on: May 20, 2019, 10:40:16 AM »
Hibs have made a more positive contribution to our history, off the top of my head. Bremner, Cropley, SJM. Sure we must have got some good players off Hearts too but I've forgotten them all.

Alex Massie would be about the most famous player we purchased from Hearts.  Didn't Enkleman go there?

And Willie Hamilton links Hibs, Hearts and Villa (65-67).

As a kid I watched a pre-season friendly against Hibs at VP. I can't remember the score but have a notion that Kent Neilson might have scored? The away end seemed quite well attended.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #7274 on: May 20, 2019, 10:45:15 AM »
1989. Paul McGrath's Villa debut. You're right, it was Nielsen with the only goal. I remember he came on as sub and some wag shouted "fuck me, we've signed a fat Jan Molby".

Lots of Hibs hoolie lad types seem to obsess over the trouble at that game but it all passed me by.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 10:47:46 AM by cdbullyweefan »