collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2018/19  (Read 398785 times)

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
Re: Other Games - 2018/19
« Reply #7245 on: May 19, 2019, 03:15:40 PM »
I find my hatred being spread in unusual directions these days.

Could no longer give a fuck about teams like West Ham and Newcastle, but find myself despising Bristol City and disliking Wolves. Teams I had never previously given a second thought to.

I'm not mad on Man City, and like many (most?) on here I can't stand their owners. But the media doesn't kiss their arse like they do certain London/Merseyside clubs and I still virtually never bump into a glory-hunting Man City fan. Though I'm sure that will change if their success continues.

Maybe my view will change, but I still really can't be arsed to hate them. I also gain some pleasure in thinking how much their success annoys Man U fans, and realise that without them we would now be subject to a round-the-clock media redout of endless Liverpool propaganda.

I still fucking despise Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham and have added Arsenal to the list after they surrendered in a cup final against them and swathes of their "supporters" couldn't even be arsed to stay and see their team lift the FA Cup Final after they beat us. The twats.

Oh, and fuck "Rangers", Leeds, Luton, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Beitar Jerusalem, Juventus, Small Heath and Queen's Park, too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:19:27 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #7246 on: May 19, 2019, 03:23:37 PM »
Donít get this hatred of Man City, they are no different to Chelsea, PSG, all the rich clubs. They just happen to be the best.
Really? They did not make the last 4 of the champions League and have not come close to winning that competition despite all their billions spent. And I hate their owners and all that they represent. 

On the day after Man City win an unprecedented treble you donít think theyíre the best? Wow.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
« Reply #7247 on: May 19, 2019, 03:55:31 PM »
Certainly better than whichever team does win the European Cup this year, as proven over the season.

I dislike them less than Man utd and there is comedy value seeing them best them.

Only thing is that Villa are a bigger team than either Man City or Chelsea, so it is annoying seen by them do do well.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7248 on: May 19, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »
I'm in a similar boat to cdbullyweefan re Man City. Don't hate them at the moment. That may change in coming years.

Met up with a Liverpool supporting friend yesterday and he was hugely bitter about the title race this season. Didn't really call him out on some of the more ludicrous comments  (the media love Citeh more than Liverpool apparently) because I could see he was hurting and  I hadn't had enough beer at that point to be argumentative.

Nonetheless I do have some concern that the title in this country might start being a procession akin to what Italy, Germany and France have become. If you can't win the league with 97 points there's not much more improving you can do really.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #7249 on: May 19, 2019, 04:03:21 PM »

Could no longer give a fuck about teams like West Ham and Newcastle, but find myself despising Bristol City and disliking Wolves. Teams I had never previously given a second thought to.

I'm not mad on Man City, and like many (most?) on here I can't stand their owners. But the media doesn't kiss their arse like they do certain London/Merseyside clubs and I still virtually never bump into a glory-hunting Man City fan. Though I'm sure that will change if their success continues.

Maybe my view will change, but I still really can't be arsed to hate them. I also gain some pleasure in thinking how much their success annoys Man U fans, and realise that without them we would now be subject to a round-the-clock media redout of endless Liverpool propaganda.

I still fucking despise Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham and have added Arsenal to the list after they surrendered in a cup final against them and swathes of their "supporters" couldn't even be arsed to stay and see their team lift the FA Cup Final after they beat us. The twats.

Oh, and fuck "Rangers", Leeds, Luton, Lazio, Zenit St Petersburg, Beitar Jerusalem, Juventus, Small Heath and Queen's Park, too.

And Hearts.

Online AV82EC

« Reply #7250 on: May 19, 2019, 04:19:58 PM »

And Hearts.

And Hibs.....

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #7251 on: May 19, 2019, 04:21:08 PM »

And Hearts.

And Hibs.....

I think we're going to fall out.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #7252 on: May 19, 2019, 04:23:17 PM »
I don't really mind Hibs or Hearts. Edinburgh is just about the only place in Scotland not dominated by supporters of the tedious twosome so I can't be arsed to hate them. Plus I've always quite liked their kits.

Although THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE SHOULD BE WEARING A HEARTS KIT, LUKE.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #7253 on: May 19, 2019, 04:26:48 PM »
I don't really mind Hibs or Hearts. Edinburgh is just about the only place in Scotland not dominated by supporters of the tedious twosome so I can't be arsed to hate them. Plus I've always quite liked their kits.

Although THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE SHOULD BE WEARING A HEARTS KIT, LUKE.

Hibs have got soul. Hearts have got cholesterol.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #7254 on: May 19, 2019, 04:29:18 PM »
Hibs have made a more positive contribution to our history, off the top of my head. Bremner, Cropley, SJM. Sure we must have got some good players off Hearts too but I've forgotten them all.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2020
« Reply #7255 on: May 19, 2019, 04:41:58 PM »
Hibs have made a more positive contribution to our history, off the top of my head. Bremner, Cropley, SJM. Sure we must have got some good players off Hearts too but I've forgotten them all.

Alex Massie would be about the most famous player we purchased from Hearts.  Didn't Enkleman go there?

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #7256 on: May 19, 2019, 04:45:35 PM »
Apparently so. Only played once and was at fault for the goal that led to a one-nil defeat against Celtic.

Online AV82EC

« Reply #7257 on: May 19, 2019, 04:50:56 PM »

And Hearts.

And Hibs.....

I think we're going to fall out.

We already had when you added Hearts to the list. 😜 my Grandad was a Hearts season ticket holder in the 40s-60s so I keep an eye on their results. Iím still not over Dens Park in 86 and that twunt Albert Kidd.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #7258 on: May 19, 2019, 04:54:52 PM »
Hibs beating Rangers in the Cup Final was hilarious. I will be cheering for Hearts next weekend against the other arsecheek.

Online AV82EC

« Reply #7259 on: May 19, 2019, 04:58:57 PM »
Hibs beating Rangers in the Cup Final was hilarious. I will be cheering for Hearts next weekend against the other arsecheek.

I suppose their 105 years of hurt had to end sooner or later. Just glad it wasnít Hearts who let it happen. I canít see us beating Ďtic next weekend but weíve not a too bad record in Cup Finals over the last 30 years against the weegie clubs so who knows.